HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   A little different question (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=40748)

IRENE FROM TAMPA 08-13-2009 12:26 PM

A little different question

These are the newer additions to our household.

A couple of jack russell's by the names of
mollie & maxx. They are litter mate's and boy are they rowdy but soooo adorable and loveable. They are one year old.

I have questions if anyone out there has this breed on some training issues.

I am trying to see if the pics came through.

chrisy 08-13-2009 01:56 PM

Re: A little different question

They are very cute! Sorry, I don't know much about them except that they ARE rowdy!

Unregistered 08-13-2009 04:26 PM

Hi Irene, this is Jennifer, Joy's sister. I have been a dog trainer for our local humane society for the last 10 years and have taught many small dog classes, with lots of Jack's. If there is anything I can help you with, I would be happy to do so. My email is Jennifer@BaristaProShop.com if you would like to email me. I have five special needs dogs myself. I love the picture, they are adorable! Take care, Jennifer

Mary Jo 08-13-2009 07:32 PM

Hi Irene....From one dog lover to another....I love your dogs. Too cute! Me and my hubby have 2 shelties (miniature collies as people like to call them) One is a bi-black (mostly black with a little white) - his name is Hondo and he is 2 years old. The other is a tri colored - she is mostly black, with some white and a little sable. Her name is Lucy and she is 1 years old.

Wayyyyyyy more information than you needed and no training advice for a "Jack" but hey, just like a momma, I am proud of my doggies and just had to share. Too bad you aren't here and I could get out the pictures. Haha!

Mary Jo

Believe51 08-13-2009 08:32 PM

Irene, they are beautiful and will provide you with many smiles for many years. JR's are extremely intelligent animals and it is important to train them as puppies but then you will be set. And they can jump very very high fences, just keep an eye on that, I have never seen a dog jump that high. I love the picture and welcome these two little guys into your lives. I can't wait to hear how happy they are making you.>>Believe51

IRENE FROM TAMPA 08-14-2009 12:51 PM

Hi Marie

So good to hear from you. Hope Ed is doing well.

Yes, Mollie & Maxx are adorable but a hand full of energy.

We had a 6 foot vinyl fence installed in hopes they would not jump or climb. So far so good. They are pretty much content hunting for lizards. They love jumping in the pool for their ball. They float around on a raft waiting for their ball.

Animals are a great medicine. They give such unconditional love.

Both of you take care.

Believe51 08-14-2009 10:20 PM

Irene, I wanted to know that I told Ed that you had new additions to your family. His eyes filled up as he asked questions and made remarks about these lovelies. I love the fact that you posted a picture and that we are able to share your happiness miles away. Although we are those miles away, you are nothing but a thought or prayer away. Enjoy these intelligent babies, you are going to be amazed at how smart they really are. Walking or letting them romp in the yard is going to level out their hyper disposition. Save some for Momma though, they need their energy to make you proud. Thanks for bringing complete joy for Ed tonight. He sends his love and smiles.>>Believe51

yankeebikachic 08-15-2009 04:17 AM

What do you need, I am a pet stylist and own 2 poodles with obedience titles.
Beth

IRENE FROM TAMPA 08-16-2009 02:23 PM

Hi Beth

Thanks for responding about my little russell's.

Joy's sister Jennifer has given me some tips which we are trying to reenforce on them more rigidly.

My biggest concern with them is potty training. I just think they are trying to be the Pack leader's, especially the female. They are very active dogs which you will know of the breed, but extremely loving.

Thanks again and lets see how this re enforcement does which we began "again" this week-end. As long as we are very aware of where they are and what they are doing they are fine, except Mollie always seems to have a pee pee problem around 4 a.m. She barks after she is done. How about that.

Karen Wheel 08-16-2009 02:38 PM

I too am a dog lover - and since I can't have kids (now with chemo and my age!) :-) I'm trying to have puppies!
So, just in case you thought you had too much information with the last few replies!
I have a dogo argentino --- very cool, sweet, but big - like the size of a lab - but white --- her name is Ally and is 2 and a half - and we are HOPING she is pregnant... should know for sure in a few weeks as it only takes 62 days!
For your Jacks - they are one of my favorite dogs! Very smart - but from what I have seen you have to be pretty strict with them - or they tend to take over. :-)

However - they are awesome dogs! Thanks for sharing! Karen

Sheila 08-16-2009 03:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh Irene...how lucky you are...they are adorable....I have 2 black lab sisters from the same litter...I remember I was very busy when they were young...they just turned 5 and are starting to settle down a little! They weigh about 100# each so they take me for a walk.....they would love your pool! Sophie and Sadie have been a blessing to me...love those Jack's...they are too cute!

tricia keegan 08-17-2009 10:38 AM

Irene, my expertise is in cats as with six of those I 'm just too busy to have a dog too!
I just wanted to tell you they're adorable and I hope they give you many years of joy and love:)

Sheila, your two labs are gorgous too:)http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_2_24.gif

Believe51 08-18-2009 06:19 PM

Irene I smile as I ask, "How is life in puppyland??">>Believe51

IRENE FROM TAMPA 08-19-2009 07:43 AM

Hi Marie

The pups are adorable and it is so tough trying to be strict with when they look at you with those cute faces. My russells have the cutest faces you can find, the proud moma that I am. Their eyes look like they have eyeliner around them - I am so jeolous.

Their potty training is going fairly well, but only when we are watching them constantly. The price to pay for such loyalty.

Thanks for loving them too - hope you and Ed are both doing well.

SHEILA - your labs are so beautify. That was one of our choses before we got the russells.
Being siblings, do they fight amongst themselves alot? My two are like children, if one
looks at the other the wrong way - they start a battle, not biting but they look furocious.
Yet they can not be without each other.

Take care