HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Esther still doing poorly (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=40420)

StephN 07-14-2009 04:02 PM

Esther still doing poorly

I must bring up a member still in trouble. She is in her local medical center and they are trying to work with her failing liver and other problems.

Just heartbreaking as Esther was the "can do" gal, who would be the last one to let this cancer bring her down.

Really glad she took those family trips and outings as often as she could while she was able. When the sun has set on a day, there are no do overs! That day is behind us marked her philosophy.

Mary Anne in TX 07-14-2009 04:15 PM

Steph, thanks so much for the update. Esther totally has been our "Go-Go" girl! It hurts to know that her liver has her in medical care instead of out and about as I see her in my mind. She has been such a mentor and inspiration to me. I'm mad and sad that she's been stopped from enjoying her incredible journey of life. Love to you Esther, ma

Barbara H. 07-14-2009 04:49 PM

Sad

This news is just heartbreaking. Somehow I just couldn't imagine Esther getting to this state. My thoughts go out to her and her family.
Barbara H.

juanita 07-14-2009 06:02 PM

thanks for the update! this is so sad to hear! i'll say lots of extra prayers!

vickie h 07-14-2009 06:12 PM

Steph,
This is sad news indeed. Please give Esther my love and tell her I am thinking of her today. I am having a hard time comprehending the wave of cancer that is sweeping this country. We just lost a 16 yr. old at my Onc's office and it makes it harder to understand each day. I'm praying for Esther's comfort tonight and sending her lots of love. She's truly a remarkable woman and you are so right when you say we need to live each day with gusto and true compassion for one another. There is no going back.
Love,
Vickie

Believe51 07-14-2009 06:21 PM

Thank you Steph for keeping us posted on Esther, I appreciate the updates. I am saddened by this news and have not stopped praying for her and her family.>>Believe51

suzan w 07-14-2009 06:51 PM

So sorry to hear that Esther is still struggling. Sending prayers and healling energy her way. Thank you for keeping us up to date, Steph.

caya 07-15-2009 05:32 AM

Sorry to hear that Esther is still not doing well. I will be saying extra prayers for her.

all the best
caya

Sheila 07-15-2009 05:42 AM

Sending thoughts and prayers to Esther that she will bounce back and regain her spirit and zest for life....she has been such an inspiration to many of us with her adventures inspite of cancer!

Colleen007 07-15-2009 09:20 AM

When I first joined this site, I was always inspired by Esther. I was a skier before my diagnosis and didn't go at all when I was first diagnosed...but lived vicariously through Esther and her posts of skiing out west. Since the Navelbine/Herceptin has been so tolerable for me, I have been able to get out skiing with my family the past 2 winters and have Esther to thank for it...if she could get out and enjoy something she loved, I could too! Esther - I'm not sure how well my prayers work, but I will send lots of positive energy your way.

Shobha 07-15-2009 11:08 AM

Praying for Esther and her family. May god bless them all with strength and peace.

shobha

ElaineM 07-15-2009 11:14 AM

Esther still doing poorly

Please give Esther a hug from me. I hope she can bounce back soon.

chrisy 07-15-2009 01:52 PM

I can't stand it!!!!!

'lizbeth 07-15-2009 06:57 PM

I'm sorry to hear that Esther is struggling with this terrible disease. I will add her to my prayers.

michka 07-16-2009 02:44 AM

Just to say I am thinking of Esther. I still hope. Michka

GemmaG 07-16-2009 06:11 AM

sending lots of love and prayers. gentle hugs,too.

Love,
Gemma

juanita 07-16-2009 05:34 PM

dowe have an update?

BarbM 07-16-2009 09:13 PM

Yes, Cathy just posted in bcmets.org that Esther is in hospice and mostly sedated now. I am so sad........

juanita 07-17-2009 09:01 AM

sorry to hear this! thanks for the update.

Joe 07-17-2009 11:03 AM

More News About Esther

I found this posting on another board:

Esther is in hospice. I just spoke with Chris and he gave me the permission to communicate these latest developments to all of you, dear mets sisters.
The liver tumors acted out very fast and very aggessively in the space of a month. She was no longer responsive to palliative treatment. She still is in the hospital, surrounded by the love of her relatives and friends, but she is sedated most of the time. For reasons beyond my control,I wasn't able to go visit, but Chris and I will stay in touch.
I am devastated. I can't say much more at this time, but I and/or Musa will keep you informed. Let's pray/hope for a painless and peaceful passing.
Hugs,
Cathy in L. A.

Joe