HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Another member in dire health (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=40338)

StephN 07-06-2009 06:11 PM

Another member in dire health

Some of you may remember Esther who was quite active here earlier in her cancer path. She would come back from time to time with good news as she fought off a tumor here and there.
Things are not so good at this time and she is NOT out waterskiing this summer. She is fighting for her life now.

Her husband and son are taking the best care of her they can, and would appreciate good energy, thoughts, prayers sent Esther's direction in southern California.

Jackie07 07-06-2009 06:28 PM

http://her2support.org/vbulletin/cus...lepic104_1.gif

Found one of her postings last Oct. 4th:

"Happy birthday Joy, and so glad you have found a partner to enjoy your life with.

May you have many, many more!"

I feel very sad to know that both of them are strugling right now. Will keep both of them and their families in our prayers.

Barbara H. 07-06-2009 06:34 PM

Thinking of Esther

I am so sorry to hear this news. Esther is one of the members who gave me courage and hope when I first joined this website. My thoughts and prayers are with her and her family.
Fondly,
Barbara H.

vickie h 07-06-2009 06:45 PM

I,too, am saddened to hear about Esther. She was a great inspiration to me when I came on board. I am here in Southern California and will keep her near and dear to my heart. Sending her love, support and prayers.
Love,
Vickie

Sherryg683 07-06-2009 06:49 PM

I am so sad to hear this about Esther. She was active on these boards when I was going through my real tough times . She was always alive and doing fun things and has such a great outlook. I am going to include her and her family in my prayers. I hate to hear this...sherryg

Carolyns 07-06-2009 07:04 PM

Oh Steph,

Thank you so much for sharing and I am sending my strongest well wishes and vibes that way. I have missed her sunny smile and postings on the site.

Please send Esther and her family my best wishes and prayers.

Love, Hope, Peace, Carolyn

Lori R 07-06-2009 07:16 PM

Steph,
Thank you for letting us know about Esther's health status. I am hoping that she can feel the prayers and support from everyone that has benefited by her posts to this site.

I seem to recall a thread where Esther was way up in the trees on some "outward bound" kind of adventure. It looked like she was in a jungle.

It was so reassuring to know that Yes....even those designated as a Stage IV could remain active and engaged in all that life has to offer. It was a very encouraging message to a newbie.

Esther....please keep up the fight for yet another adventure!!!

Love....Lori

freyja 07-06-2009 08:03 PM

Thanks for the update StephN. My love to the whole family.

caya 07-06-2009 08:38 PM

So sorry to hear this news about Esther.

I am sending prayers and positive thoughts to Esther and her family.

all the best
caya

chrisy 07-06-2009 08:45 PM

Esther has been, and is, one of my all time heroes. I've been aware she had been struggling and hope with all my heart for the best for her.

hutchibk 07-06-2009 08:59 PM

No, no no no no... she is one of my warrior heros, too. I loved meeting her in Houston in late 07 at a Mets conference at MDA.

I wondered about her a little while before SABCS when I thought she had plans to join us there, and then we lost touch with her.

My heart goes out to her and to her family.

ElaineM 07-06-2009 09:01 PM

Another member in dire health

I am so sorry to hear to read the sad news. I will send positive vibes her way and include her when I pray.

karenann 07-06-2009 09:13 PM

Oh my goodness, I am so sorry to hear this news. I will send healing prayers to Esther and her family.

Karen

Jean 07-06-2009 09:19 PM

This is awful news! Keeping Esther and her family in my prayers and sending positive energy.

Kind Regards,
jean

lexigirl 07-06-2009 09:52 PM

Yes, thinking of Esther and joining you all in prayer. I am sorry to read that she isn't doing well at this time.

Lexi

Chelee 07-07-2009 12:14 AM

Steph, Thanks so much for letting us know about our dear Esther. I was just thinking about her the other day & realized she hasn't been on here in a long while. I remember Esther was a very active member when I first joined this board & she always managed to pop in long enough to update us or to help others that needed support or encouragment. She is such a wonderful person with a big heart. She has always been one of my inspirations on this board. She really is a very special person and this makes me so sad to hear.

She always blew me away with all her adventures/trips she took. She made sure she went out & had fun when she could...not much slowed her down. I will be sending all the positive energy I have their way...& keeping her in my thoughts and prayers!

Chelee

Kavy 07-07-2009 02:23 AM

Steph, thank you for letting us know.
I am so, so sad to know about Esther. She has been one of my inspirations since I was diagnosed 4 years ago. I have followed her posts, and they always gave me so much hope everytime I knew she was on a skii trip, cruise, having fun and living her life. She is a fighter who has been an inspiration to so many of us for her support, adventurous spirit and for her love for life. I am sending healing prayers her way, and I also pray that she will WIN this fight too, as she did before.
Hugs to Esther and her family.
KarlaV.
Steph, do you have more details about what happened?

Pam P 07-07-2009 04:51 AM

Steph - thank you for posting this news. I'm sorry I don't recall Esther's posts as clearly as some, but she sounds like a very great woman who has offered so much to others here. Wish I had better memory of her. I am so sorry for the news.

jml 07-07-2009 04:56 AM

So sad to hear that Esther is not doing well. I pray that she and her family are able to enjoy their time together in comfort and peace. Healing prayers of love & light to them.

Mary Jo 07-07-2009 05:10 AM

I, too, was very sad to read this news. It's heartbreaking.

Thank you Steph for sharing with us.

Praying for her and her family.

Mary Jo