HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Hooray - great news! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=38082)

jones7676 02-19-2009 02:55 PM

Hooray - great news!

The call came -

No new tumor as stated by note from oncologist in Marquette.

What is there have been there and are growing slowly. I can have Gamma knife to both and watch for more or return or have whole brain down radiation here to kill whatever might be lurking.

NO HURRY TO DO EITHER WITHIN NEXT FEW DAYS.

Additional swelling I did have around surgical spot may have been from the wafers and surgery and while not guaranteed is likely to go down.

Dr. will consult the two down here as to which they think may be better for me - call next week and then I can make a decision and it will be set up.

So now the search begins for hopefully a better treatment for the lung mets. In the meantime I will set myself up to start chemo to lung mets as I know that can't wait.

Where I live in Upper Michigan the roads are closed due to a major blizzard today. Glad to miss it! Snow expected here in Chicago where I am. So tomorrow I call and set up chemo appointment in Marquette to start and hopefully at least slow down growth til I see what I can find better........probably the trip home Sunday!

Anyway - keep the info coming to me about where I should be looking for better chemo, or maybe Radiofrequency Ablation for lung mets.....my friends/family said they will get me there and help me one way or another!

Thanks to all of you AGAIN!

chrisy 02-19-2009 03:57 PM

Well Barb, that was worth the wait! Sounds like you are a bit more hopeful and for good reason - now you an all your teams can focus on your plan of attack.

While you are in Chicago, make sure you get some pizza!

Mary Jo 02-19-2009 04:03 PM

Your and Irene's posts gave me a happy, thankful heart today. Praising God for this wonderful news for you Barb.

Hugs and Peace,

Mary Jo

schoolteacher 02-19-2009 04:39 PM

Barb,

Thanks for the update. I am glad to hear your good news. Positive and healing thoughts coming your way.

God Bless You.

Amelia

CindyE 02-19-2009 05:12 PM

Barb,
Thank you for the update and sharing the good news. I'll be continuing to pray for you and your next treatment options. Take care.

caya 02-19-2009 05:39 PM

Great news Barb - sounds like there are numerous treatment possibilities for you.

all the best
caya

StephN 02-19-2009 06:29 PM

Well, this is a PERFECT example of why we need to get second opinions and more input. I am SO happy for you. Gamma Knife will be a breeze except for the decadron, but you know that road already.

My hairdresser was telling me about a woman who was told she had a tumor on her kidney. She went for the surgery without another opinion and when they opened her there was NOTHING in the place that the radiologist had said. Guess he was reading the wrong images for that lady!

Hope the weather storm also passes and you can get home without any trouble.

Faith in Him 02-19-2009 06:45 PM

I am so glad that things have worked out for you. I will continue to keep you in prayer as you figure out how to blast the lung met.

Tonya

vickie h 02-19-2009 07:14 PM

That's the best news I've heard all day! Thank God for miracles and second opinions. Sending you lots of prayers and much healing love, Vickie

sassy 02-19-2009 07:54 PM

Great News! Now lets keep the good news coming!

WomanofSteel 02-20-2009 06:14 AM

Barb, I am glad you finally got some answers and great news. Hang tough!

Shobha 02-20-2009 09:55 AM

Hooray from me too! I am so happy for you. May God continue to help you find the right treatment.

love,
shobha

Joan M 02-22-2009 07:11 AM

Barb,

I'm very happy to hear that all your hard work has paid off. And it is hard work to get a second opinion, especially when you have to travel far.

Joan