HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   2 years and all's well (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=37919)

Brenda_D 02-08-2009 09:27 AM

2 years and all's well

I just wanted to let the her2 group know that I'm just past my second year out from dx and surgery, and my lastest Ct scan and mammo's are clear. No signs of cancer.
I'm about 7 months out from my last herceptin.

At this point I have no follow up appointments or mammos scheduled.

How long were you ladies (or gents) followed up on by your Onc?

Mary Anne in TX 02-08-2009 12:10 PM

Hi Brenda! So pleased that you are doing so well.
As you can see from my signature, I did extra chemo and extra herceptin. Last herceptin in Dec. 08. At the present time, I see my onc and have blood work every 2 months. At 6 months I will have CT, brain MRI, and PET. He does the blood work the week before I see him and a tumor marker (last one was 35...CA27-29). I hope we can keep this schedule for a year before making the visits further apart.
Best wishes for lots and lots of years of nothing showing up!
ma

tricia keegan 02-08-2009 12:15 PM

Congratulations Brenda, thats the news we all like to share!
I'll be four years out in the summer so only see my onc yearly now but at two years out I saw her every six months.

ElaineM 02-08-2009 12:16 PM

2 years and all's well

Good job Brenda. Continued good health to you for many years.

Becky 02-08-2009 06:02 PM

I will be seeing my onc every 6 months after my May appointment (so really I am still on every 4 months)

Bill 02-08-2009 06:20 PM

Way to go, Brenda! You keep on rollin'!

Gerri 02-08-2009 06:27 PM

I have just passed my three year mark and will see my onc every 6 months and my surgeon once a year.

caya 02-08-2009 06:28 PM

Congrats Brenda - you and I are at just about the same stage - I had my 2 year cancerversary on Dec. 18, 2008 - I finished my last Herceptin 8 months ago. I had a check up with my onc. last week, and he graduated me to every 6 months (I was every 3 months until then).

I see the breast surgeon now once per year. I have alternating breast imaging - MRI, alternating every 6 months with digital mammo/ultrasound. I get the MRI because the mammo/ultrasound missed my BC due to very dense premenopausal breasts. My plastic surgeon found a tumour when he was doing my breast reduction surgery, 4 months later. The breast MRI pre-surgery detected the second tumour.

I wish you many more years of NED.

all the best
caya

Jean 02-08-2009 08:39 PM

Brenda,
Congratulations on your 2nd year out.
That is a milestone...I believe that it is important to maintain breast health care.

I go every 6 months alternating digital mammogram
then MRI or breast gamma imaging. I am now do for a yrly scan. I see my onc. every 4 months (he said 6 would be the norm) but I am more comfortable with every 4 and having my markers checked.

Stay ahead and on top of your health.
Best Wishes,
Jean

schoolteacher 02-09-2009 05:41 AM

Congratulations Brenda. I like hearing news like this.

Amelia

Brenda_D 02-09-2009 09:33 AM

I had been on a 6 month follow up schedule when I had these last tests. Two years out seems early to drop back to yearly schedule, so I'll have to call the onc's office and see what they say. Thanks everyone. :)

Shobha 02-09-2009 10:00 AM

Congratulations Brenda! May you be blessed with a many many more year for strong healthy life!

Hazel Joyce 02-11-2009 03:31 PM

Congratulations to you for reaching the 2 year mark! I finished Herceptin in April 2008. I have been going to the oncologist every 3 months for the first year after treatment, then every 6 months.

Thanks for sharing this happy news with us!