HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Just a note. (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=37803)

fauxgypsy 02-02-2009 10:41 AM

Just a note.

I haven't been here in a while. I think about you all often but just haven't visited. I still hear from Pink and Andi occasionally. I am doing well, still NED. I have been really busy trying to promote my art, trying to rebuild my life and I guess I am a bit of a wimp. It hurts so bad when we lose someone. For a while there I was having one small problem after another but they seem to be resolving. I am considering reconstruction, I hate this prosthesis. Every time I wear it I get angry again with my first oncologist. Now they think that if he hadn't screwed up, I could have gotten be with a slightly larger lumpectomy. A little post treatment depression has crept in, but it will go away. I am doing great though and I will try to check in more often.

schoolteacher 02-02-2009 11:51 AM

Fauxgypsy,

Glad to hear from you. I hope your art is going well.

Amelia

Laurel 02-02-2009 12:30 PM

get the new girls!

Fauxgypsy,

I am writing this through a bit of anesthesia fog having just had my expanders replaced by my new silicone girls this morning. They look great so far! I really think having girls again is important to moving beyond breast cancer. Maybe you will feel less cheated with a new pair of girls! It helps me to feel whole.

vickie h 02-02-2009 09:52 PM

Hey Gypsy Girl,
I've missed you! I seems like so much time has passed since we've heard from you, I'm just glad you checked in. I, too, went off the site for about 6 months due to the blues and just life in general.
As far as reconstruction, go for it if it makes you feel better. I'm not a candidate because of double radiation (my skin actually sticks to my ribs, it's so thin) but always happy to hear of those that can and want to.
Hope to hear from you again soon. In the meantime, we love you and send prayers to chase the blues away. Much love, Vickie

SoCalGal 02-02-2009 11:07 PM

HI Les-
I had a VISIT! with Andi today. She's the best:) Why don't you look in to reconstruction? Even though it's another thing to go through - least you get something you WANT when you are done. Take good care.
Flori

WomanofSteel 02-03-2009 08:24 AM

Glad to hear you are still doing well. I think many of us have the winter blahs this year. I am hoping it will pass when spring comes. In the meantime I try to keep busy and not focus on it. If a boob is what you want, then dammit girl , get yourself one. That'll probably do wonders to perk you up no pun intended.

Vi Schorpp 02-03-2009 12:42 PM

Hi Leslie

Good to hear from you...it's great you're keeping busy...I think the prosthesis is a constant reminder -- I hear ya! Take care and keep up that incredible artwork you do. I hope your sales increase and you'll forget about all the negative "stuff." Take care. Vi

Jackie07 02-03-2009 01:08 PM

Good to hear from you. I've never had much of a cleavage, so I really can't comment.

Bill 02-03-2009 07:59 PM

Hi Fauxie! Good to hear from you. I've been wondering how you've been. Good luck with your art career. Remember to always hang in there 12 hours after you decide to give up, no matter what.

Believe51 02-04-2009 12:10 PM

Glad to hear from you and see that shining smile of yours. Hope you are feeling better by the day.>>Believe51

fauxgypsy 02-04-2009 12:19 PM

Thanks. I do have a bit of the winter blues. I am beginning to look into reconstruction. Jackie, I never showed what cleavage I had but this half a cleave business just sucks. I went shopping for some new things the first of the year and I phoned one of my friends and asked her was this the year of the boob, or what? Everything I saw was v-necked, scoop-necked, cleavage showing, boob hugging, or transparent. I miss the old girl much more than I thought I would. I do think that if I was sure had been necessary I might not be as bothered. I keep thinking that if I could just lose weight and shrink maybe the prosthesis would not be as bad.

Art is slow right now and I am hoping the economy picks up. Someone gave me a kiln recently and I am looking forward to getting it set up. I was worried that working with clay might not be good but I found the website of a potter who has had a mastectomy and she has no problem with it. It will be better when spring gets here. If you get a chance check out my website or my blog on wordpress. I'll put them in my profile.

Believe51 02-04-2009 12:36 PM

Please do. I am always willing to help out a fellow sister and stimulate 'her' economy. Remember, I have a shopping fetish for unique items and you just may be the medicine I need!! Smile, I love you!!>>Believe51