HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Just curious who is going to the San Antonio Breast Conference this Year... (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=36966)

RobinP 12-07-2008 09:50 AM

Just curious who is going to the San Antonio Breast Conference this Year...

Hi, congratulations on those going to the SABC. We look forward to hearing your comments concerning the conference. Of course, many of us at home will be looking at the SABC for updates and the lastest bc information.

Paty 12-07-2008 10:03 AM

Robin,

I will be attending the SABCS, I am very excited on the amount of information that I will listening to and also in meeting some of our sisters from this group. I wont carry with me my laptop, as I am travelling from Mexico and dont want to carry too much, but I am sure some of them will carry their 'notebook' and will be able to keep all of you posted. I am sure Joe and Christine will send you news rightaway as they have them ready. WOW! I am all excited and finishing my bag to start the adventure.... Love you all.

Paty

Mary Anne in TX 12-07-2008 10:35 AM

Me too! I'm really excited to attend.
I'll have my lap top and can share!
ma

StephN 12-07-2008 12:10 PM

I know that Sheila and Chrisy are attending, as well as Brenda from Austin (she is bringing Tiptoe and Tex). Perhaps Maryann from Long Island as well.

No need to have your own computer as there is a huge area set up in the Exhibition Hall with dozens of computers that anyone can use. So Paty can log on and come to this site if she wishes. Joe always has his laptop.

Joe 12-07-2008 12:35 PM

Bring your sweaters, but you may not need an umbrella:

!0 Day San Antonio Weather

Chris, Myself and Donna will also be attending. We are also bringing a guest from the San Diego Cancer Navigator program - Veronica Landeros-Villalobos.

Veronica and Paty are working on an important new project.

Regards
Joe

Sheila 12-07-2008 01:57 PM

Joe
Would you like Donna and I to bring the snow?
There is also a computer room in the hotel with 2 computers for guests to use.

Chelee 12-07-2008 03:12 PM

All you lucky ladies that get to attend...that would be so awesome. I'm jealous. We expect reports every hour on the hour. lol

And YES...Shelia you are in charge of bringing the snow...that's so nice of you to offer...I'm sure they will appreciate that. (Your too funny!) You all have a good time and behave yourselves. ;)

Chelee

hutchibk 12-07-2008 04:17 PM

So, is everyone arriving on Weds? Que hora? I have a scan that day, Muga I think, then I will drive to SA and should be able to get there by 6pmish... I am so behind the curve right now, having been kinda down and puny for the last month... I haven't even signed up for any of the evening meetings, and I haven't made sense of the postcards that have been sent to me! But, I seem to remember that last year as long as we were wearing a credential, we could pretty much get into the evening stuff. See you all there!

Mary Anne in TX 12-07-2008 05:18 PM

Are we supposed to sign up for evening meetings? ma

Paty 12-07-2008 07:12 PM

I am arriving on Wednesday around 3:00 pm in San Antonio (airport).

Paty

chrisy 12-07-2008 10:03 PM

MA - you are supposed to preregister for the evening satellite symposia. Usually there is a website address on the postcards. But as Brenda says, you can usually register onsite or just walk in. Not to worry.

I do recall not having all that much time to do anything in terms of emailing...too much going on!

Soccermom 12-08-2008 08:51 AM

My job wouldnt give me the time off...argh. Hopefully next year! Have a great time guys and learn PLENTY!!!!!
Hugs,Marcia

schoolteacher 12-08-2008 09:01 AM

Hope all of you have a great time. I am excited about hearing the new knowledge about BC.

There all times I do not know what I would do without all of you.

Amelia

hutchibk 12-08-2008 10:20 AM

So, girls, is there a Weds night presentation that we NEED to go to, or do we NEED to have a fabulous Mexican dinner with margaritas??????????????? I know the place (it's the one we didn't go to last year)

Let me know and I will reserve. I have a car and I think MaryAnne will too.

RobinP 12-08-2008 03:30 PM

I'm really excited for everyone going and getting a chance to get the lastest her2 updates and meet up with our her2 sisters and big brother webmaster, Joe. I hope you all have a wonderful experience! Best to ya.

Mary Anne in TX 12-08-2008 04:13 PM

I'm betting the Mexican Meal is "Just what the doctor ordered"!
I'd love it! Which one? And yes I'll have my car too. ma

hutchibk 12-08-2008 05:08 PM

La Fonda on Main... there are other great ones too, but that is definitely my fav in SA...

Jean 12-08-2008 10:21 PM

Dear Brenda, Chrissy, Shiela and Donna,
Hmmm did someone say margaritas?

Well, I will be toasting all of you and remembering how wonderful it was to be with all of you last year! Have fun and please rest....there is so much going on.
Give Joe and Christine a hug.

jean

madubois63 12-08-2008 10:27 PM

I will be arriving at the hotel some time around 5ish on Wednesday. Things have been REALLY crazy here and I haven't posted or replied to anyone for a week or so. So sorry. I am very excited about this trip and can't wait to see/meet everyone...Love Mexican food!!!! Count me in, but I'll need to bum a ride???

Valerie in Michigan 12-09-2008 12:34 AM

Hi Everyone,

This is my first SABC and I look forward to meeting you all. I am flying in from Houston on Tuesday after my regular onc. appointment at M.D. Anderson. I'm IBC and went to the IBC Symposium this week. So looking forward to this conference and seeing the sights of SA.

Valerie
Dx 1-07; IDC grade 2 (2 tumors) + IBC stage 3b; TCH x 6 + H x 18; NED 7-07