HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   ~Mighty Oak~Tumor Numbers Back On The Rise Again~Uggh!! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=36050)

Believe51 10-10-2008 11:51 AM

~Mighty Oak~Tumor Numbers Back On The Rise Again~Uggh!!

Nothing we can do at the moment because he needs a chemo break to recup, but marker sensitive Ed has TM on the rise again. I have been so depressed since returning from vacation. Today we had a conversation about doing some more travelling while he is feeling better. Before his call I was scheduling another cruise and just about to confirm these plans.

Although I asked him not to get upset about this rise, I hung up the phone in tears. If I am so very tired, I cannot imagine what he is feeling right now. I plan on going home early, taking a Xanax, making a latte and printing pictures in my p.j.'s until I fall asleep.

I do not know what else to say but I know one thing....I really need some heavy duty prayers and support right now. I know the cruise was to regroup and stay strong. Call me an idiot but I thought we would have more time without issues.

We already have a game plan to resort to if need be and although this brings some comfort to us, I am sickened by this news.

Dear Cancer,
How many times do we have to set you straight?? You are not welcomed here and never were. You are up against a person who is going to beat you down over and over again with goals to obliviate you and for all. We are sickened by your forcefullness and will fight you back ten-fold. With each action you take we shall have a reaction, we will always have the next step to take already planned, as we do now. I hope you are finally listening to what we are saying, you are wasting your time, your energy. You are not up just against my best friend, you are up against an entire force of my friends. We are here and we are just as determined to survive as you are. You do not stand a chance amongst us personally or this force behind us. We stand as one, we are here, we are just as detemined and we are Warriors. I bid you goodbye one more time, for you are not welcomed here!!

Love and Prayers>>Believe51

janieR 10-10-2008 12:30 PM

You were here for me about my lovely husband through the bad and good news as it is now for him and believe me you are both in my thoughts and prayers tonight.

Me and stuart wish you so much goodwill and support and I am sure everyone else on this site does as well. My heart goes out to you.

Janie

Margerie 10-10-2008 12:42 PM

What goes up, must come down......! And come down with a mighty crash~ that is my hope!

Wishing you and Ed many more happy cruises and happy moments. Best to you.

chrisy 10-10-2008 12:54 PM

Marie, sweet Marie,

Well said in your letter - I hope that dumb cancer gets the message.

I am sending my strongest prayers for you and Ed. Strong loving comfort and strength for you both. And I am getting little stern with the great Healer who I know is listening and can take it. Enough!

Sweet dreams
Chris

Mary Anne in TX 10-10-2008 12:57 PM

I join Margerie in wishing you lots of more cruises and years of victories. I know it must be so very hard to receive this news and have to go on offense once more to battle this horrible disease. I'll keep on praying for you and Ed and all the others who may get down, but always rise again to do another day's battle. May you receive the strength, wisdom, and courage to fight hard once more. Much love,
ma

schoolteacher 10-10-2008 12:57 PM

Marie,

I will be praying for the Mighty Oak and you. I hope you have a good weekend.

Amelia

mts 10-10-2008 01:16 PM

Im sending healing prayers ... for both of you.

maria

Joy 10-10-2008 02:46 PM

me too

Count me in Marie and Ed and maybe we can do a mass mailing with fed ex on your letter! Oaks are hardy, as you know! Take care of yourself as well as you do Ed, you both deserve it!

notamrnpsn 10-10-2008 02:50 PM

markers

Hey Marie, i will definitly keep you both in my prayers. I am really happy you enjoyed your cruise. I only have 36 days to go before I board the Carnival Glory. I still have to get a biopsy done on my hip, but hell or high water I am going on my cruise. I will keep you and ed in my thoughts, Hugs and Blessings, Jeanette

Patty F 10-10-2008 02:50 PM

Damn...I am tired of this cancer visiting Ed. GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

karenann 10-10-2008 02:54 PM

I'm here for you Ed and Marie. Prayers and strength being sent your way.

Karen

Audrey 10-10-2008 03:01 PM

(((Marie))) I'm so sorry to hear of your latest worries. I'll be keeping you and Ed in my thoughts and prayers

dhealey 10-10-2008 03:28 PM

I read your post with tears in my eyes, I know what it is like to keep climbing the roller coaster ride with cancer. My heart goes out to you and I am sending hugs and prayers your way. I just found out my son-in-law (who is battling melanoma) and on interferon was told today his treatment isn't working. I don't think there are any more tricks in the bag for him. He is only 35. It just devastes me. I have found 7 clinical trials for him to try to get into, but he is resistant. Anyway I feel your pain and frustration!

Colleens_Husband 10-10-2008 03:43 PM

Marie:

I am sorry to hear about the numbers. I know how hard it is for you and your beloved husband. Please know that you are in our hearts and prayers.

Lee and Colleen

Sheila 10-10-2008 03:49 PM

Oh Marie, I am so sorry that this is happening...you both are so strong, and filled with faith and love, you WILL overcome this setback and be able to go on many more cruises and spend lots of time being in love....my prayers are with you both....stay strong!

Faith in Him 10-10-2008 04:00 PM

Maire,

Sending arrow prayers straight to heaven for you and Ed.

Bill 10-10-2008 04:35 PM

Marie, I'm really sorry to hear about Ed's TM rise. You guys hang in there, sweetie. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Yorkiegirl 10-10-2008 07:34 PM

Marie sending many, many prayers for Ed and you. Please know you are both in my heart.

caya 10-10-2008 07:46 PM

Prayers from Canada for you and Ed, dear Marie.

all the best,
caya

Soccermom 10-10-2008 07:54 PM

Prayers from me for your "mighty oak",Marie! Wish I could wave that darned anti cancer magic wand....sigh...
Marcia