HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   StillHere..... Happy Birthday! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=35969)

DonnaD 10-06-2008 06:18 AM

StillHere..... Happy Birthday!

Since I missed wishing Chrisy a greeting on her day, I would like to say:

Happy Birthday!
Donna

Mary Anne in TX 10-06-2008 07:10 AM

Happy Birthday, Karen! I hope your special day is just like you want it! Best wishes, ma

PinkGirl 10-06-2008 08:41 AM

Happy Birthday Karen, hope you have a great day!!!

Mary Jo 10-06-2008 08:50 AM

Happy Birthday to my "neighbor." Hope your day was super duper special.

Love,

Mary Jo

StillHere 10-11-2008 08:59 PM

Thank you all for the b-day greetings. I really celebrated a day early cuz who wants to celebrate on Monday. The kids came over and we had lazy mans shiskabob (all the stuff you put on a stick - just dump in tin foil w/ barbecue sauce). Kinda like girl scout camping in your backyard. My daughter made fresh apple pie and bought a half gallon of vanilla custard to top it off. I had to work long hours all week. Just came home, ate supper, and crashed. But as I promised, I am still checking in - at least once a week. Peace, Karen

StephN 10-11-2008 09:47 PM

Dear Karen -
It is getting late, but I had to get in my HAPPY BIRTHDAY wish for you. Your daughter is a real jewel and the fact that she will make apple pie is another proof!

However I do not detect ANY chocolate - so maybe Monday you will indulge.

Donna 10-12-2008 10:19 AM

Belated..

Happy Birthday to you Karen, from the "pest" Donna!

Hope it was great!

chrisy 10-12-2008 11:31 AM

Happy birthday, karen! I love the lazy man's shiskabob! homemade apple pie sounds great too, of course!

Enjoy your day!

juanita 10-12-2008 02:23 PM

Happy birthday! hope that you had a good day!

Bill 10-12-2008 05:43 PM

Happy Birthday, Karen! You will always be #1 in my book! (You know why, honey) Lazy man's shishkebob, my way- lay out some thick tin-foil, spread some butter on it, sprinkle some garlic powder on it, slice up a few potatoes, squash, zucchini, and onions on it, wait until someone walks in the room and then sprinkle some "magic powder" on it and smell it and yell, sweeeeeet, mmmm, that's gonna be just right! After they leave the room, grind up a little fresh basil and oregano into the mix and stir the veggies, then slice some sweet banana peppers and green bell peppers and stir it in. Grind a little pepper in and yell, "oh, yeah, baby! You ain't nothin' but right!" and then I guarantee it, people will come pouring into the kitchen. You gotta hurry up and and twist up the little veggie-pack, making a big promotion of slipping your magic spice bottle into your pocket. Be careful not to overcook the packet. It works everytime!

Jackie07 10-12-2008 05:49 PM

Happy Birthday, Karen. Love your smiles, love your story.

StillHere 10-16-2008 06:13 PM

Oh Bill, you are such a card !

Had to copy that recipe down. "Oh yeah, baby!, you ain't nothing but right" Do you have to pretend to be Barry White (He is the one with deep sexy baritone voice - right?) Are those words only to be used for very special concoctions? If we forgot the exact phrase, can we just improvise? Does it only work in the kitchen with fresh spices, or can it be used in the bedroom with CHOCOLATE Reddi Whip? Heehehe! Who cares is our life savings are down the toilet when Bill is here to keep the laughs coming our way.

Jean 10-16-2008 06:19 PM

Wishing you all the best on your special day.

Jean