HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Shana Tova - Happy Jewish New Year!!! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=35768)

caya 09-25-2008 01:26 PM

Shana Tova - Happy Jewish New Year!!!

As the first night of Rosh Hashana this year falls on Monday September 29, I would like to extend my sincerest wishes for a healthy, happy and sweet New Year to all members of our Her2+support board.

I'll be cooking and baking this weekend...

all the best
caya

WomanofSteel 09-25-2008 01:35 PM

A happy and healthy New Year to you also.

Andrea Barnett Budin 09-25-2008 02:32 PM

Happy, Healthy New Year!

We are all connected...to one another and to All That Is...

As we awaken to the radiance that surrounds us,
the darkness within fades.

May all your tomorrows be happily blessed
with simple delights and grateful awe.

From my heart to yours,

Andi http://cdn-cf.aol.com/se/clip_art/gs...mals-butterfly

Becky 09-25-2008 03:40 PM

Happy New Year Caya. Don't work too hard but make sure to make extra noodle kugel for all of us

schoolteacher 09-25-2008 03:51 PM

Caya,

Thank you for the blessing.

Amelia

Paty 09-25-2008 07:50 PM

Happy New Year Caya and God Bless you. Enjoy your cooking and the family gathering.

Love,

Paty

Joan M 09-26-2008 03:41 AM

Caya, Happy New Year! Joan

PinkGirl 09-26-2008 06:23 AM

Happy New Year to Caya and all who are celebrating this holiday.
Is there any chocolate covered flat bread, macaroons?????

caya 09-26-2008 06:51 AM

No Pink, those foods are eaten on Passover (Pesach) which falls around the same time as Easter in the Spring.

Some of the traditional foods for Rosh Hashana (New Year) involve apples and honey, which signify the fall season and sweetness for the New Year. I make a huge apple cake with lots of cinammon and brown sugar, also honey cake. The challah bread is baked in a round "crown" shape to represent the circle of life.

My menu also consists of brisket with potatoes, roasted turkey, sweet and sour meatballs, gefilte fish loaf (this is chopped whitefish, mixed with fried onions, carrots, eggs and matzo meal - ground matzo), stuffing, noodle kugel - Becky, I'll save some for you- plus the mandatory chicken soup with kreplach - little meat filled dumplings and also matzo balls, which are usually served at Passover, but my group likes them all year around. Coleslaw, stirfried veggies round out the dinner.
Apple and honey cake for dessert, fresh fruit, nuts and chocolates.

I'm sure others can chime in with what they serve for Rosh Hashana dinner.

Jean 09-26-2008 10:48 AM

Dear Caya
And all who are observing Rosh Hashana,
Wishing all health, happiness and much Joy in the coming year.

Jean

Soccermom 09-26-2008 07:46 PM

Gemar Chatimah Tovah "May you finally be sealed (in the Book of Life) for good."

my Her2 family! I am going to my friends house (the one who recently recurred) and we are all bringing something. I am bringing steamed carrots with orange marmalade and lemon and a sweet for desert. Tuesday night I am having second night with friends in New Orleans .
Hugs,marcia

(I need to go to Cayas on Monday night..sigh...yummm)

Bill 09-26-2008 08:49 PM

Happy New Year to all! May this year be better than the last, and full of joy and happiness!

juanita 09-27-2008 04:53 PM

happy new year caya!

R.B. 09-30-2008 01:32 PM

A Happy and healthy New Year full of hope and goodwill to all and Caya.

StillHere 09-30-2008 06:34 PM

Just reading about all those delicious sounding vitals makes me think I may consider the Jewish faith - if only for the food filled holiday celebrations. All kidding aside - May all my Jewish sisters and brothers enjoy a blessed Holiday with their family and friends. Hugs, Karen