HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   No Change / No MCC/DM1 (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=35647)

Sheila 09-19-2008 06:11 AM

No Change / No MCC/DM1

Well for now I will continue with the Taxol...the trial for Traztusamab/DM1 phase II trial is slated to start in 3 weeks at Rush, but I do not qualify as I have not taken Tykerb, and have not taken Adriamycin...needless to say, they may try to alter the criteria, but according to Genentech, if they do that, it could take another 3-6 months to start the trial. There was no progression in the size of the node in a month , so it is "Stable" in a sense. If my chemo was changed right now, and a new one added, I would definately not qualify due to too many chemos....I am scheduled for a muga and new CT, trying to resolve the shortness of breath after treatments....it was bad last night but much improved today...just my red clown face look! Much love and thankyous to all of you for your continued and loving support of this long but fruitful jopurney!
There is one other place in Illinois doing a clinical trial, I will call to see if it is phase 1 or 2...it would make a big difference, the drive is far, but would be worth it.

Mary Anne in TX 09-19-2008 06:32 AM

Tell them you're the bestest available warrior they could possibly get! They'd better snap you up while they can. If they wait too long, you'll be doing far too well to even enter the trial. Wishing you the very best, ma

WomanofSteel 09-19-2008 07:58 AM

Yes, don't you just love that clown face. My daughter asked me if I had sunburn. Sorry you couldn't get into the trial, but you did say there was another a little farther away, so maybe you will have better luck with this one. Geez isn't it amazing what we go through. Too sick , not sick enough, too much treatment or too little it is crazy.

Gerri 09-19-2008 08:46 AM

Shelia,

Well, good news that you are 'stable' but I know you really wanted to get in this trial. I can't imagine being on Taxol for so long. After just a few treatments I could no longer feel my feet and I still have mild neuropathy. Sorry to hear that you are having breathing issues - one thing after another! You are truly an amazing woman!

I sure hope you can wiggle your way into one of these trials soon - without progression!

All my best,

schoonder 09-19-2008 09:57 AM

Sheila
Last June Genentech reached full enrollment with 3 week dosing, T-DM1, phase2 trial. This year they will choose whether to follow up on this effort with a phase3 evaluation.

If that decision is ‘go phase3’, then Genentech being Genentech, it shouldn’t take them long to see that trial get underway; clinicaltrials.gov registry will probably carry all particulars for participation.

chrisy 09-19-2008 12:00 PM

Well, hurray for the "no change" but poop on the trial exclusion - particularly considering Dr. Slamon's view that adria need not ever be used!

Sheila I know you must be feeling a bit discouraged. But again, good if you are stable - that means you have time to continue studying the next options. Perhaps DM1 was not meant to be the drug for you at this time.

Have you considered changing out the Herceptin for tykerb, or just adding tykerb? Just a thought. That might make a difference without adding another "chemo" to your history.

Good luck my friend, I know as you go knocking on doors the right one will be opened for you.

Much love
Chris

jones7676 09-19-2008 12:28 PM

Sheila - I was happy to hear the word stable, but sorry to hear it is not gone. I know those darn Taxanes are hard - been there. I hope that you get on that trial. I understand about it being a bit of a drive, but it might be worth it. I hope most of all that things work out in a way that is best for you!