HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Goops, Liver Biopsy (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=34771)

Yorkiegirl 07-15-2008 12:06 PM

Goops, Liver Biopsy

Hi Goops, just wondering how your biopsy went yesterday? Praying that all is fine.

tricia keegan 07-15-2008 01:21 PM

Goops I was thinking of you also although did'nt remember it was yesterday so thanks Yorkie girl. Hope it all went well with good and hopefully benign results!

goops 07-16-2008 04:39 PM

Thanks for asking - I will not have the official results until I see the doctor tomorrow. I am not very hopeful, I asked the radiologist how often these biopsies come back cancer free and he said it is very rare.

I was pretty sick last week and had hoped that it was what was causing the liver problems but my oncologist felt I just had the flu.

harrie 07-17-2008 12:15 AM

Goops....thinking of you too...fingers crossed...

Jackie07 07-17-2008 09:49 AM

Goops,

I am sending good thoughts from Texas also. Please take good care of yourself.

goops 07-17-2008 04:52 PM

My biopsy came back bad - I have 1 fairly large tumor and then some tiny ones.

I was relieved that the doctor was not recommending chemo at this time - she thinks my best bet is a study of fulvestrant with or without Lapatinib. She explained that if I get the placebo and my disease starts to progress they will give me lapatinib then.

Bill 07-17-2008 05:09 PM

Goops, I'm sorry to hear the bad news. Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. For what it's worth, Nicola was dx'ed with liver mets in Dec, 2005 and volunteered for a Taxol/Lapatinib study along with Herceptin. She did great, with steady tumour shrinkage for about 15 months. I'm not a doctor, and I know nothing of Fulvestrant, but in my opinion, honey, and I'm going to be frank and straight-up here, what your doctor has recommended does not sound like your "best bet". I'm sorry, I don't know if you've had herceptin or not, and I can't remember your earlier treatments, but in my layman's opinion, you need a second and third opinion. Please keep in touch. Hugs to you, Bill

PinkGirl 07-17-2008 05:31 PM

Hi Goops
I'm sorry you didn't get the results we were all hoping for.

The plan to deal with this doesn't sound right to me.
I wouldn't be waiting for progression before getting the
lapatinib. If that's the drug your onc thinks you need, then
you should be getting it, not a placebo.

This is just my opinion but I would look into this more.

lexigirl 07-17-2008 06:47 PM

Dear goops,

Doggone it. I am hopeful that you will find the right combo to kick the mets to the curb. There are many knowledgable folks here that may be able to advise on tx plans.

Hugs and Prayers,
Lexi

goops 07-17-2008 07:12 PM

Thank you for the good wishes - and as for Herceptin I was just 3 treatments short of finishing - Herceptin obviously did not work for me so they are discontinuing it. I also already had Taxol.

Faith in Him 07-17-2008 07:43 PM

goops,

I am very sorry about your recent results. Are they going to recheck your receptors again? Sometimes they switch and if they are ER/PR positive that could be to your advantage. Also, I agree with Bill that a second opinion is in order. Another thought is that Herceptin is still given along with another agent even if you have progressed on it.

I know so much is going right now. Please know that we are praying for you and for your medical team.

Hugs,
Tonya

Yorkiegirl 07-17-2008 07:53 PM

Goops I'm so sorry to hear of your results. You will remain in my prayers. I certainly hope your treatment will started soon.

Mary Anne in TX 07-17-2008 08:07 PM

Hi Goops! Me too! I wish your results were better, but I know that you will investigate and find a promising course of treatment and fight like crazy! Well wishes and many prayers from the Texas coast. ma

Chelee 07-17-2008 11:16 PM

Goops, Darn it all! I am so sorry you have to deal with this. But I agree with PinkGirl, Bill and others that you should get a 2nd and even 3rd opinion. You need to hear all your options...plus its important to have peace of mind when battling this diease. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. You hang in there and keep us updated when you can.

Chelee

schoolteacher 07-18-2008 08:14 AM

Goops,

You will be in my prayers.

Amelia

PinkGirl 07-18-2008 08:58 AM

Hey Goops
I'm sorry I jumped right in there and started telling you what you do.
It just didn't sound right to me. I always think of getting aggressive
with treatments and the idea of you getting a placebo frightened me.
I hope everything works out for you and that you are comfortable with your
onc and your decisions. Good luck with all of this and I will be sending
you lots of good vibes!!!

Vi Schorpp 07-18-2008 09:07 AM

Hi Goops

I'm sorry your results weren't better but am glad to see the others responding with their insightful comments and questions. I wish I had some advice, but I don't except that you should get well, be well, and stay well. Good luck, and best wishes in your journey.

goops 07-20-2008 02:06 PM

I appreciate everyone's input and good wishes. Thanks

Jackie07 07-20-2008 02:17 PM

Guess you and I can chat under this thread. :)
So glad to hear from you. I remember reading postings from several members who have had tumors in the liver - they either have got rid of it or have been having it under control. Let's hear from them.

goops 07-20-2008 04:05 PM

Yes - I would love to hear some positive liver stories.