HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   I am posting this link that Lolly's daughter..Anneliese (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=34436)

Jean 06-19-2008 06:50 PM

I am posting this link that Lolly's daughter..Anneliese

put under Lolly has earned her wings..She wanted to share her Moms obituary with us and I thought more of us would see it posted here.

http://www.gtconnect.com/articles/20...obi03_gast.txt

karen z 06-19-2008 07:10 PM

Thank you Jean,
This is a lovely tribute to Lolly.
karen

Mary Anne in TX 06-19-2008 08:09 PM

Jean, thank you so much. What a life! What a lady! What an inspiration!

Joy 06-19-2008 08:16 PM

what a beautiful woman

I am so grateful to have read that as I have learned even more about this woman who graced us all with her knowledge, encouragement, talent and beauty. What a loss for the planet. My prayers of comfort and peace go out to Lolly, her wonderful family and to all of us as my eyes well up once again.

caya 06-19-2008 08:27 PM

A lovely tribute to a lovely lady.
We will miss her.

all the best
caya

Yorkiegirl 06-19-2008 08:39 PM

What a wonderful tribute, to wonderful, loving woman.

Lolly is certainly missed.

Catherine 06-19-2008 08:50 PM

thank you

Thank you for posting the wonderfully written details of Lolly's very full life. It makes you feel closer to someone, when you know more about them. I loved learning that she was a talented musician. Thinking about her and her family and wishing them comfort.

Catherine

Linda 06-19-2008 11:57 PM

Thank you

Thanks for posting that. As another Oregonian, I always thought maybe I'd meet Lolly. She will be missed here.
Linda

StephN 06-20-2008 02:56 AM

Had a sneaking suspicion that she would want donations made to this site in her memory. Will do mine ASAP.

When I met Lolly and Frank, she always teased HIM about his music involvement, but never mentioned she played the dulcimer. She has joined a very talented heavenly choir with her angel voice.

dhealey 06-20-2008 04:34 AM

Thank you for sharing this with us. She truly was a beautiful and full of grace. My prayers go out to her family

Believe51 06-20-2008 09:00 AM

Thanks Jean

Your are so kind to post this for all us to see. I was very touched reading her life and I too feel closer to her. Tonight is a BC seminar and I am wearing a shirt I made and lighting luminaries for wonderful and very missed Angels like her.>>Believe51

kcherub 06-20-2008 09:24 AM

What an AWESOME thread! It was wonderful to read such a touching tribute to a wonderful person!

Take care,

tricia keegan 06-20-2008 03:32 PM

Thanks Jean

I had missed this on the other thread and enjoyed reading about the lovely caring lady I had come to know here on her2. She always answered my questions on Carols treatment which I appreciated. Maybe now Carol will have a chance to thank her.it's nice to think she may be somewhere now chatting to her!!
Thanks again!

StephN 06-20-2008 06:51 PM

Me and Lolly

1 Attachment(s)
Here we are taken at the U of W the day after my Gamma Knife. This is probably 2004. Lolly was getting one of her HER2 vaccine series and doing really well at that point.

Lolly was amazed that I was driving around the day after having two tumors in my brain zapped, and I was equally impressed that she had gotten her lymph nodes under control to get into that trial which I could not qualify for.

Her hubby Frank did the honors with my camera. Anyone could see right away that they had something really, really special.

Faith in Him 06-20-2008 08:14 PM

It was so wonderful to read about Lolly's full life. She will be greatly missed.

IRENE FROM TAMPA 06-21-2008 02:20 PM

What a beautiful tribute

When I first "met" Lolly several years back when I joined the support group, I immediately took a liking to her. I felt such comfort in hearing what she had to say and seeing her smile.

The day I read of her passing, we were just walking out of the door to go on a much needed vacation. Needless to say, I was devastated. I must have cried all the way down to our stop. She will always be in my heart.

We just returned and I just read her obit. What a marvelous lady she was in life, to no surprise to me.

I am sure her "work" will continue on in her "new" home and she will be watching us all.

I am very saddened but so grateful to have known her if only by chatting on line.

Unregistered 06-21-2008 08:20 PM

Oh no, I missed what happpened to Lolly. This hurts. Regards to family. Bev

rinaina 06-23-2008 05:29 AM

I am so saddened to hear of yet another death to an esteemed member of this Her2 forum. I know what an attribute Lolly was to this site and how she helped so many as being an inspiration to us all. My sincere condolences to the entire family. She is gone in spirit but remains a constant shining light to many.
Rina

Joe 06-28-2008 10:56 AM

Error in HER2 Support Group's address.

The attached obituary had the wrong zip code for our group.

The correst address is:

HER2 Support Group
6973 Mimosa Drive
Carlsbad, CA
92011-5156

They changed the zip code over a year ago and I do not know if they will still forward the mail.

Also all donated monies will be used to provide scholarships for bc survivors who are HER2 + to participate in the Alamo Breast Cancer Foundation's Advocacy program:

http://www.alamobreastcancer.org/advocate_program.html

We currently are providing 2 scholarships for this year's Symposium

Regards
Joe

Sherryg683 07-05-2008 07:33 PM

I will miss her, she was always one to lend an ear and an answer when I had questions or concerns. Heaven has one more angel to sing in it's choir, it is our loss..I am so saddened..sherryg683