HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   my radiation treatments are completed (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=33745)

charlotte 04-26-2008 12:34 AM

my radiation treatments are completed

Hello to all , I want to give good news
I finished 34 radiation treatments.. not too bad..and the Dr. has put me on Tykerb...The Tykerb has me doing the fun run , but I will deal with it...
The Dr. said last visit, that he is "running" out of meds to give me?
I thought there was more out there , than this... for IBC.
Too date , I have taken gemzar, taxol, 4 doses of herception, and Tykerb.
Any suggestions? I have an appointment at MD Anderson, Orlando on May 6.. to see if they have any ideas..
I also want to let ya'll know that my ejection rate which has been running around 25% for a year,... is now... drum role 40-45%.
I have a lot of folks praying for me..
thanks for any help, suggestions, Ideas...Charlotte

Jackie07 04-26-2008 08:56 AM

Congratulations! I am so glad that your ejection rate had gone up. Because that is good news for me - give me some hope that my MUGA result might be different 6 months from now. We love good news. Thank you.

Becky 04-26-2008 11:54 AM

Congratulations on completing radiation. I am glad you are seeing another onc as you have lots and lots of other options in chemo. Navelbine, Taxotere, Abraxane, Imprexa, Adriamycin, Doxil, Epirubicin, Carboplatin.

Keep the faith - there is the right combo out there for you (didn't see if you did Xeloda).

Have a nice weekend.

Bill 04-26-2008 04:46 PM

Congratulations on finishing your rad. treatment! Becky hit all the other chemos. I could think of, and then some. I think she meant "Ixempra". I would think you still have quite a few options left. Take care, Charlotte, and keep us posted

karen z 04-26-2008 06:27 PM

Great news about the radiation treatments and glad you have your appointment on the 6th- please let us know what the recommendation is after your visit.
Best,
Karen

lexigirl 04-27-2008 12:17 PM

Charlotte,

Yippee on finishing your rads tx!!! I am hopeful that this will keep your recurrence to your skin at bay. I am hopeful that the docs at MD Anderson will have some more options if you need them.

Hugs,
Lexi

MJo 04-28-2008 06:16 AM

Yup. When your sisters on this group know of more options than your onc, it's time for another opinion. I am glad you are going to MD Anderson.

Joan M 04-28-2008 06:13 PM

Charlotte,

I'm happy to hear that you're finished with your radiation and know the relief you feel.

It's great news that you're MUGA score has improved, which will give you more chemo options. Way to go! Navelbine may be another chemo you take in this regard. You may also want to inquire about Avastin. Good luck at MD Anderson! They will find the right treatment for you.

Joan