HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Keeping Your Mind Off of BC (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Tiptoe meditates - sends healing energy (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=33362)

StephN 04-03-2008 08:09 PM

Tiptoe meditates - sends healing energy

1 Attachment(s)
Good evening everyone -
Our Herceptin mascot and her traveling companion the Tykerb Tiger arrived at my house today.
Just want you all to know that the energy is flowing well after their trip across the country from Lily's house.

Since we have a number of Chinese artifacts and furniture in our home, Tiptoe felt immediately at home. Naturally she gravitated to the little Buddha and has some alone time there.

P.S. Not sure, but the scarf may have come from Sheila. That is a HER2SUPPORT B/C pin on the scarf. Hope the mantra is working!

lilyecuadorian 04-03-2008 10:29 PM

Tip now is time to medited ....

PinkGirl 04-04-2008 06:16 AM

Hi StephN
That is such a cute picture!!! Does Tippy still
have her picture of the Dalai Lama? I can't wait
to see her again and to meet Tex.

I hope the people who haven't met Tiptoe understand
how therapeutic she is - she really is special.

kcherub 04-04-2008 06:18 AM

LOL--that is "hair-larious", as my son would say. Awww, Tip. Chillin' out...

Take care,

StephN 04-04-2008 10:15 AM

Tiptoe's HER2SUPPORT story.

For anyone who doesn't know the story of Tiptoe (this is the name on her tag from the maker), she is a Chinese hamster, from which Herceptin is derived.

We found out she was a Buddhist some time back, among other personality traits.

Here is the thread that started it all:
http://her2support.org/vbulletin/sho...hamster&page=3

You have to scroll down to post #43 to find where Pink Girl actually decides to order a "faux" Chinese hamster and pass it among the group here.
Some hilarious reading as the idea comes to fruition!

ANYONE WHO WOULD LIKE A VISIT IS WELCOME TO GET ON THE LIST. JUST SPEAK UP!

FYI - There are also Tiptoe threads under the Keeping Your Mind Off Cancer part of this site. Everyone who has hosted her has posted pics. And the visit schedule is there. They are booked till end of summer.

Sheila 04-04-2008 01:36 PM

Steph
Glad to see TipToe is in good hands, and Tex....yes the scarf and pins were from me...those cold Illinois days! Make sure you get some pics of them with Christine and Joe when you head south.....GROUP PHOTO would be nice!!!!!!

StephN 04-05-2008 01:16 PM

Honored dinner guests

3 Attachment(s)
Dear Her2 members -
We are having a great time with StephN and her family.
Yesterday we visited their wine shop and learned about real Champagne!

Then we went to a gourmet dinner with 20 people called "Cellar Treasures Dinner." Everyone brought special bottles of wines to go with the beautiful food that Chef Bennie and her staff made. There were 2 other breast cancer survivors attending. They are not HER2 positive, but were fascinated with our tale.

The other guests were interested in our story of travels and there was even a cancer researcher from Fred Hutchinson, who was amazed at our tale of love and healing. We were careful to only TASTE the wines, not drink too much as there were so many!

This afternoon we are invited for an over night with Steph's nieces. They have 79 Beanie Babies to introduce us to. We will have a very large tea party! I hear that Alice loves to cook, so wonder what treats will be in store?

We are including a few pics.

1. Bennie asks us what we like to eat.
2. Tip goes for the asparagus soup. But used the wine tasting cup Steph gave her as too hard to hold a spoon!
3. Tex scarfs on the lamb bones. Sylvan helped hold one as the lymphedema sleeve is a little restrictive!

More soon. Love to all,
Tiptoe and Tex

Jackie07 04-05-2008 02:09 PM

What a neat story about the golden hampster! I just went to the link and read about the story of Tiptoe. Since it is a 'Chinese' hamster, I guess I will share something Chinese.

In the Chinese Zodiac - a way to figure out a person's age and his/her temperament - the mouse is the first one of the 12 animals used for the 12-year cycle. The twelve animals are: mouse, ox, tiger, rabbit, dragon, snake, horse, sheep, monkey, rooster, dog, and pig. 12 x 5 = 60 and Chinese designated it as a life cycle. (Long, long time ago, that was the approximate average life expectency in China)

It was impolite to ask a person's age - in all cultures, I guess - so most Chinese just ask the person his/her zodiac when they try to figure out the age of the person. Then they will compare the zodiac and figure out how much older/younger they are to each other. Kind of a way to start a harmless conversation. The younger one is supposely to 'automatically' yield to the older person in all aspects of decision-making, albeit superficially most of the time.