HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   New update on Kate (Tousled1) (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=33021)

Kavy 03-11-2008 02:36 AM

New update on Kate (Tousled1)

Hi, wonderful people,

I talked to Kate today, and here is the update:

She started Tykerb full dose two days ago, and today she started Xeloda. Her doctor did not want to lower the dose because of the seriousness of her lung problem, now she has lymphangetic lung mets, so the doctor wants to hit it with all she has. She is also considering to add Abraxane on her week off Xeloda if necessary, but for now she will try just T/X. The doctor also changed her nausea medication, and it seems to be working because so far no nausea or vomiting.
Our dear Kate is in good spirits, and she feels positive. As we all know, she is a fighter, and she will win this fight too.
I read all your messages for her, and she was very happy to hear from you all.

Here is a message from her to all of you:

"Thank you everyone for the words of encouragement, support and all the prayers that you are sending my way.
I am back on track with the chemo treatment, and I hope to kick butt and get out of here soon. I am still one of the fighting Irish. I will make it through this with your help."
Kate

Please, keep the prayers coming, and God bless you all.
KarlaV.

Mary Anne in TX 03-11-2008 04:12 AM

Warning, warning lung mets.....serious chemo and prayers on their way! Now remember, bc, we warned you! Kate, lots of warm fuzzy love to a mighty warrior! ma

dhealey 03-11-2008 04:17 AM

Sending lots of prayers and hugs Kate's way to blast this BC in the butt! May the man upstairs be watching over you Kate.

Sheila 03-11-2008 04:28 AM

Kate
you definately sound like the old Kate, ready to kick some butt...and thats good. Hoping that the new schedule has you out of that place in no time....St Paddy's Day is right around the corner!!!!! Sending love and a big hug and prayers to you dear Kate.

lilyecuadorian 03-11-2008 07:07 AM

sending you my prayers and the best wishes direct from my heart to you ...Dear Kate please keep strong and fight fight ....

WomanofSteel 03-11-2008 07:32 AM

Kate keep up the fight we are all praying for you!

hermiracles 03-11-2008 07:46 AM

Good one Kate! Big prayers for you Sis.
Blessings
Hermiracles

PinkGirl 03-11-2008 08:26 AM

Thanks so much Kavy for the updates
on Kate and for getting our messages
to her.

Kate - we are all here for you and
waiting to learn that you are home
and recovering from this little set-back.
Hang in there girl - we're all with you
on this.

AlaskaAngel 03-11-2008 09:47 AM

Go get

Kate, we are glad to hear about you and thinking of you, hope you are getting a handle on it day by day. You're missed here!

AlaskaAngel

nitewind 03-11-2008 09:51 AM

Wishing you well, Kate. You know that my prayers are with you. From one Irish girl to another, you hang in there, yes, you are a fighter. Can't wait till you can reply to these messages yourself.
You are always in my prayers
Love and hugs

Jean 03-11-2008 11:29 AM

Karvy,
Thank you for keeping us all updated on our dear Kate

When you speak with her again please tell her that I said,
"for her to close her close and concentrate...I am sending
her a huge hug....filled with love and prayers....and then
please tell her to get her butt home where she belongs."

Hugs,
Jean

lexigirl 03-11-2008 02:37 PM

Thanks for the update. It's good to see Kate's spirit is good and she is ready to kick cancer butt.

Big hugs and prayers coming from California.

Lexi

Becca 03-11-2008 02:44 PM

Keep up the good fight Kate! So many are praying and thinking of you. Your strength encourages the rest of us who are fighting mets.

goops 03-11-2008 03:14 PM

Who wouldn't pray for a fighting Irish! Good luck Kate - we are routing for you.

Andrea Barnett Budin 03-11-2008 04:34 PM

THANK YOU KARLA! I needed that. Kate is so on my mind. I am sending much love, many hugs and all the prayers in the world to you, Kate, for you to stomp on those mets. Just think how lousy those ca cells must feel! Focus all your energy on healing, please, Sis... I keep you close.
Andi

Faith in Him 03-11-2008 04:43 PM

Dearest Kate,

Love your fighting spirit. I thank God that you are back on your chemo treatments and am asking Him to knock out those mets for you. Sending love and warm thoughts your way.

Tonya

sassy 03-11-2008 05:19 PM

Kick Butt Kate! We're all here for you!

Karen W 03-11-2008 05:34 PM

God Bless you Kate. Stay strong and remember... we are all praying for you.

Hugs,
Karen

Bill 03-11-2008 05:35 PM

Karla, thanks for the update. Kate, I'm thinking of you and praying for you constantly. Can't wait to see your beautiful smile again. Love, Bill

Patty F 03-11-2008 05:36 PM

Kate
I am also praying for you. God bless you and hurry back.