HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   My hair is growing! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=32981)

BethC 03-07-2008 12:23 PM

My hair is growing!

I've been waiting and my hair is finally coming in! (I finished my last chemo on Jan. 16th.)

Believe51 03-07-2008 01:10 PM

Hey Beth

Congrats on the last chemo and your hair coming in. Moving forward, I love it. Keep us posted on all the wonderful things you are going to do for yourself>>Believe51

schoolteacher 03-07-2008 01:41 PM

I am very happy for you. I can't wait until my hair starts coming back in. I am about 2 months behind you.

Amelia

MJo 03-07-2008 01:57 PM

Congratulations. It's great when your hair comes back. I was bald in 2006. Have plenty of hair now.

harrie 03-07-2008 11:15 PM

Wow, that's great your hair is growing back!! When I started going public with my new short hair, a couple of people said I reminded them of Betty Boop! Isn't that funny!! Before....I thought I would hate myself in real short hair, but you know what....I kinda like it a lot!!!
Harrie

Mary Anne in TX 03-08-2008 07:43 AM

Yippee! I just love that new hair!!! And the itchy scalp is just a great reminder that it's working it's way! Congratulations.

nitewind 03-08-2008 07:46 AM

I'm so happy for you, isn't it a great feeling? I remember how excited I was when I needed to start using a blow dryer again! Strange, the things that can get a person so excited!!

goops 03-08-2008 07:47 AM

Congratulations on the new hair!

I remember the day I discovered that my hair was growing in - I announced it to everyone I saw, when I got home from work I took off my wig and could not see my hair - I started to think I imagined it, I then realized that the light had to be shining through the window just right for me to see it. :)

I hope your hair grows back quickly :)

BethC 03-08-2008 07:55 AM

Mary Anne,
I'm glad you mentioned the itchy scalp. It's really itchy and dandruff too. I wasn't sure if that was common to have.

harrie 03-08-2008 02:39 PM

I liked using Nioxin cleaner (shampoo) and treatment (conditioner). It works on conditioning the hair follicles. I think it helped my hair grow in nice and healthy.....and maybe quicker.
Harrie

norwegian 03-09-2008 11:46 AM

hair growing

I had my last chemo 31st of August, and I have about 2.5 cm hair now. It is growing SO SLOWLY!!!!!!
And in addition, I lost my lashes again some weeks ago,- but they came back. I don't know why,- May be the Herceptin?
Have anybody the same experiences?

weezie1053 03-09-2008 07:43 PM

Congratulations! This morning I was bitching that my chemo curl is a thing of the past, and I, once again, have straight hair. My grandson looked at me and put everything in perspective. He told me, "but Grandma, you are healthy." Simply having having hair...any hair...was evidence to him that Grandma is healthy. Out of the mouth of babes!

Louise

caya 03-09-2008 07:47 PM

Congrats on the hair growth Beth. It is exciting when the hair starts to grow back in - My last chemo was May 10, 2007 - I started to go with the "chemo crew cut" in public about 3 months later, near the end of August.

My avatar picture is me taken about a week ago, just after my first post-chemo haircut.

all the best
caya

harrie 03-09-2008 10:42 PM

Caya, my last chemo was within days of your last chemo. wow, your hair looks really nice! I think I started to go public with my short hair about the same time as you did around Aug.
I have not had a haircut yet. I still scruch up the curls and gel it. My hair is very curly, esp in the back.
Norwegian, I just measured my hair and it is about 3 inches. My last chemo was 5/07 so that makes it 9 1/2 months.
Harrie

BethC 03-10-2008 05:14 AM

I'll be excited to ditch the wig! Actually, I haven't been wearing it very much lately because I"m afraid the tape will pull out the new hair in the front (where I definitely want to keep it!) I'm waiting for the weather to warm up so my head isn't so cold all the time! Harrie, my hair used to look like yours on your avatar.

PinkGirl 03-10-2008 08:40 AM

Hey Beth
It's another thing that bonds us. We've all
had that hair-do that you're sporting right
now :)

I liked it - washed my face and
my hair at the same time with a face cloth.
I know it sure felt good to have that dusting
of hair!

harrie 03-11-2008 11:59 PM

I have not worn my wig in a couple of months. This past Sun I went to a baby shower and I thought it would be fun to wear my wig for a change again. So I gelled my hair back, put on this small black cap and put the wig on and it was actually really fun wearing the wig again! My co-workers are so use to my short hair and my wig that they didn't even notice I had longer hair on! I am seriously considering keeping my hair short and getting another wig for a different look for when I feel like it. The variety is great.