HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Website Problems (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=31390)

Joe 11-30-2007 06:54 PM

Website Problems

Our server seems to be experiencing problems for the last 24 hours. I apologize for the difficulties that you may be experiencing. Our group will soon be actively seeking an alternative more reliable service.

Any ideas?

Regards
Joe

SoCalGal 11-30-2007 07:02 PM

Hi Joe,
I'll ask the guy who hosts my company's website. How much storage do we use/need or what specifically should I ask him?

DonnaD 11-30-2007 07:17 PM

Knew the site was having problems but also knew you would be taking care of it. Just like you and Christine always take care of us :). Thanks!

hutchibk 11-30-2007 07:53 PM

I wish I knew more about this kind of stuff... all I can do is sit on the sidelines and cheer you guys on! hmmmmm.... I could ask around and see who the Livestrong folks here in town use to host their site.

Mary Jo 11-30-2007 08:05 PM

Hi Joe,

Thanks for staying on top of this as you always do. I started having problems with the site - very slow - not opening off and on - when those spam private messages started coming in. That same day, or the next (I don't remember) I received a reply to an e-mail supposedly from someone here (a Pam Barr) - sent to my private e-mail address. She told me that she was a newbie and was having problems posting. Could I help her? The funny thing, as I said, was that the e-mail was sent as a reply and I never sent her one. The senders name was Stephen Barr but the e-mail was signed Pam Barr. Wierd I thought. After that e-mail was received was when I started having trouble opening up the her2 site. Hmmmmmm, makes me wonder if there is a connection - a possible hacker again.

Oh well, I'm sorry that is happening to you. What a pain in the rear it must be.

For all you do, THANK YOU.

Mary Jo

Joanne S 11-30-2007 09:03 PM

I agree with Marejo, problems started when spammers started sending messages. Perhaps we've been infected. I imagine you have a full back up from the day/s prior to the spammers messages. My guess for remedy is to shut down and do a back-up recovey, but I'm just guessing.

You certainly didn't need this.

Good Luck Joe!
Joanne S

IllinoisLady 11-30-2007 09:34 PM

It's me Joe, IllinoisLady. I probably wrote in too quickly about not being able to use or open up the sites here after the span report I sent yesterday. I kept trying and was finally able to get through. Sorry I wasn't a little more patient. Hopefully it's all taken care of and though I haven't been here long you have rave reviews from the others so I know things will end up on. Thanks so much.
IlllinoisLady

Chelee 12-01-2007 12:52 AM

I didn't receive any of the spam messages but I am having problems. For a good week or more. (It *only* happens here)

If I post to a thread or click on any link to read it...all I get is a white page that says there is an error. So I have to hit the *back* button and it will take me back to the page I orignally wanted. Happens every time. Its been very frustrating because it adds an extra step to each post or thread I want to read.

Now starting the the last two days some times I can't even get to this page at all. It will take me to a blank page. Or it will search *forever* for the page and can't come up with it. But at least we can still get on here with a little patients. But I know in time we will be back up and running smoothly. Thanks Joe for all your hard work at keeping us up and running...its much appreciated.

Chelee

nitewind 12-01-2007 07:01 AM

Thanks for being ontop of it, Joe. I was beginning to think it was my server or my computer that was the problem. It was very, very slow, but loving this site as I do, I patiently waited. Thanks again for taking such good care of us. I don't know what I would do without your site.
Hugs to you and Christine

caya 12-01-2007 07:09 AM

Yes Joe thanks for all your hard work. I too could not get on at all yesterday and figured it was a problem with the website. Again, this was just a day or two after those spammers infiltrated the site.

all the best
caya

Joe 12-01-2007 09:13 AM

The Spam messages and server problems are two different issues.
We are planning to move to a different server within the month and may have to bring the website down for a day.

I will attempt to give everone ample warning through this site, breastcancer.org and bcmets.org

Warmest Regards
Joe

Andrea Barnett Budin 12-01-2007 01:21 PM

Oh My!

OH JOE,

IT'S BEEN HAPPENING TO ME ALL WEEK! (Paul installed a new FAX/printer/copier/scanner last Sunday and that's when I was trying to get the site and had to wait a very, very, very long time...) Then each click was the same. It reminded me that I am not a very patient person. Many sighs and groans and glances up above for HELP. I thought it was just me, my computer, my provider. Then it all degraded, to complete NOTHINGNESS...

I am glad and ever grateful that you are aware and on top of this. As you always are there for all of us. God bless you. And Christine!!! Eternal gratitude. From deep in my heart.

I must admit that when I just read that the site might be down for a day while switching providers, my heart actually gasped. I am preparing for a potential 24 hour separation, but it is truly challenging! Being out there all alone is so scary. You and all my Sisters give me strength and courage to go on. We draw on one another...

I cherish each day and all those I love. And I cherish you and this site and my fellow Warrior Women.

Andi http://cdn-cf.aol.com/se/smi/0201e05fca/06

sassy 12-01-2007 07:25 PM

Joe,

Do you outsource to a server or maintain your own? My hubby maintains the server for all the school's work including our web site.

theresaw 12-03-2007 11:11 AM

Hey Joe,
I had another email from Visitor34. Just wanted you to know.

harrie 12-03-2007 11:30 PM

Joe, I was wondering why the other day it was very slow in maneuvering around this site. It seems to be just fine now.

Thank you for doing such a fantastic job for us. You are the best!!
Aloha,
Harrie

PinkGirl 12-04-2007 11:17 AM

I'm still having problems with the site.
At times I can't get in to it, other times
I can but it is very, very slow. I am asked
to "log in" many times and I have lost some
posts in mid-post.

nitewind 12-04-2007 12:10 PM

I can get on sporadically. I was able to get on earlier this morning then when I tried again a few times, no luck. Just happy I'm on now.

Believe51 12-04-2007 12:38 PM

Uggh!!

I am still having problems with the site, although I may sound like I am complaining I am not. Maybe just realizing how co-dependant I am!! ROTFL!!>>Believe51

nitewind 12-04-2007 02:03 PM

Marie, you've hit the nail on the head again!! Co-dependant, aren't we all when it comes to this board?
Hugs

Andrea Barnett Budin 12-04-2007 04:09 PM

ONE MORE TIME. I JUST POSTED RE MY PROBLEMS WITH THE BOARD AND WAS TOLD I HAD NOT LOGGED IN, WHICH I HAD 3X IN THE LAST 5 MIN. MY POST DISAPPEARED AS I KEPT TRYING TO LOG IN YET AGAIN. I GOT THE WELCOME SIGN AND THEN -- WHERE'S THE POST?

IT TOOK 2 TRIES TO GET TO THE SITE. I THEN WENT FOR A BANANA WHILE WAITING FOR THE BLUE BAR TO MOVE. THIS OCCURS AS MOVE, OR TRY TO, FROM ONE PAGE TO ANOTHER, ONE THREAD TO ANOTHER.

THIS IS HAPPENING REPEATEDLY. WHEN I WRITE A POST AND HIT POST REPLY -- I AM TOLD I MUST REGISTER, OR LOG IN! WHICH I HAVE DONE NUMEROUS TIMES IN THE 5 PRECEDING MIN. BUT I RE-REGISTER AGAIN. THEN THAT SCREEN DISAPPEARS AND THE SAME SCREEN REAPPEARS, ASKING ME TO LOG IN, AS IF I HADN'T JUST DONE EXACTLY THAT. I DO IT AGAIN. THEN IT SAYS I HAVE ENTERED AN INVALID USER NAME OR PASSWORD. I SWEAR I HAVE NOT.

I KNOW OTHERS ARE EXPERIENCING THIS. JUST WANTED YOU TO KNOW, JOE, THAT I TOO HAVE NOTED -- ALL IS NOT WELL. JUST REPORTING IN. AND PRAYING THIS POST MAKES IT TO THE BOARD, AS THE ONE I POSTED 5 MIN AGO VANISHED, AS DID 2 OTHER POSTS YESTERDAY!!

HOPE THE SPAMMERS ARE HAVING AT LEAST AS MUCH TROUBLE GETTING THROUGH. IDENTITY THEFT IS ALMOST AS FRIGHTENING AS CANCER... LOL
Andi