HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Update (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=30429)

Vanessa 10-08-2007 09:36 PM

Update

I have never felt so blessed than to see all of your posts with concerns and prayers for me. Thank you so much. I do not have good news to report as far as the test results. I do have several small mets to the brain. I spent all day starting at my doctor's office this morning and then to visit the radiology department and have a consult with their doctor. I start wbr tomorrow for 10 days. When I am through with that, my oncologist will start me on tykerb and zeloda. I still have a petscan scheduled for the 17th of this month to see if the mets in my lymph nodes are completely gone. My tumour markers did shrink from 34 to 8.8, so not all the news was bad. I cannot drive for 2 weeks or keep my grandchildren by myself. My family has also really pulled through for me, by chipping in to drive me to radiation, to my classes and to stay with me on MWF to help me sit with my granddaughter. I am feeling really loved right now. I cannot reiterate enough how wonderful it felt to see all of your posts. I will be joining a few of you in the tykerb tiger club and will be a diarrhea diva. Thanks for being so wonderful. The reason I did not post any sooner, is because I had class tonight, my daughter picked me and then her husband brought over dinner and we all ate together. It was nice.

Faith in Him 10-08-2007 09:40 PM

Vanessa,

So good to hear from you. I'm sure they will have those brain mets under control in no time. What a wonderful family you have.

Sending you more hugs and prayers.

SusanC 10-08-2007 10:01 PM

Vanessa,
I thought about you all day today. I am sorry to hear about your mets. You sound like you are so well loved and cared for. Keep us posted on how you do the next 10 days.
Susan C

tammymarie1971 10-08-2007 10:12 PM

Vanessa, I have been thinking of you as well today, CRAP...well it does feel good to have a treatment plan in place though and it looks like you with your docs are going to give these mets little chance of sticking around. I am sorry that you have to go through this...Glad to hear that the family is rallying around you!
Take care,
Tammy

KellyA 10-09-2007 12:21 AM

Vanessa,

Thank you for letting us all know how you are. I am sorry that you got bad news, but it sounds like there is a definite plan of action, and I think you will be feeling better in no time. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I am so glad that you have such a supportive family and are getting so much help. Hang in there.

Love, Kelly

Mary Anne in TX 10-09-2007 12:28 AM

Well, Vanessa, I'm going to believe that the next 10 days will be hell for those mets and a blessing to you. May you continue to feel the love from all of us as you do your "zapping" of brain mets with the support of your family. You have some mighty smart, courageous warriors here who have "walked the walk" to help you through day by day! I'll sure be praying for you and believing in only the Best Results for you! Lots of love, mary anne

Toril 10-09-2007 01:25 AM

Dear Vanessa!
I am sorry to hear your news, but I am very glad to learn about the support you have from your family.
I had WBR for my brainmets spring 2006. I am feeling very well now.

Wish you good luck!
Love, Toril

RhondaH 10-09-2007 02:45 AM

Vanessa...

Sorry to hear your news, but it sounds like they are working pretty straight forward on it. Will continue to keep you (and all) in prayers. Take care and God bless.

Rhonda

newgg 10-09-2007 03:33 AM

A Team

OK...now is the time....got the A Team, got the Plan, got that wonderful Family.....got power from all here.....go get 'em ! ZAP away at the beasties! Positive image.....the beasties are fried!! Many prayers coming your way.
Hugs, Bonnie

Sheila 10-09-2007 04:39 AM

Vanessa
Not the news any of us wanted to hear, but sounds like the attack plan is already in gear...hope all this resolves quickly and life with the grandchildren will get back to normal....you are in my prayers dear Vanessa.

MJo 10-09-2007 06:28 AM

Hit 'em with everything you got, honey. I know your doctors will destroy the brain mets and you'll feel healthy again. God bless.

PinkGirl 10-09-2007 07:07 AM

just bumping this up.......

tousled1 10-09-2007 08:07 AM

Vanessa,

I'm sorry to hear the news that you have brain mets. At least your doctor has a treatment plan in place and it sounds like your family is being extremely supportive. I hope the 10 days of WBR go by quickly and with minimal side effects. Soon you'll be back to your normal routine. You are in my prayers.

lilyecuadorian 10-09-2007 08:19 AM

Vanessa ..I'm more relief just to find out that you got all that good beat attitude , strengh so glad that the tumors markets are low ..that is great ..only apply some magic radiation on your brain ....and keep it up

Andrea Barnett Budin 10-09-2007 08:40 AM

You Are Stunning, Vanessa, Positively Stunning...

You are positively amazing, Vanessa! I am struck my your Spirit.

You had a day from hell yesterday, onc, radiol, and all, and then went to class? And posted to all us who kept checking the board ALL DAY LONG for word from you, in the midst of yet another bc ordeal!! How incredibly compassionate you are. How steadfast and strong you are. How sweet you are. We love you.

Anyone remember where Joe tucked all those INITIALS AND THEIR MEANINGS. Where are they when you need them...? WBR. Sorry. I knew. Oh -- brain just kicked in. Whole brain radiation! Dear God. You seem to be taking this in your stride with amazing grace, Vanessa. Good for you! You are a role model for every one of us! I'm blown away by you, and so many of the lovely ladies I've come to know on this board!
Truly!

I still want to know where the INITIALS AND THEIR MEANINGS are, for future reference.

I honed right in on your TMs! Yes, more than a shred of good news to hold to.

I feel confident you will get through this crappy and undeserved bump or blip on the screen and will be good to go, to enjoy your life and be well and healthy!
Andi

Thanks so very much, Vanessa for sharing w/us.

PinkGirl 10-09-2007 08:52 AM

abbrev.

Andi,
The list is on the Newcomers/Welcome board. It is right above the first thread. I use it all the time :)

karen raines hunt 10-09-2007 08:52 AM

thank you for the update

Dear Vanessa,

With so much going on your life, thanks for posting the update. We were (are) all deeply concerned. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. I am a native Texan, are you?

Karen

Mary Jo 10-09-2007 08:57 AM

Dear Vanessa,

Such a wonderful team you have working with you. And when I say "team" I mean your medical team AND your family. I'm happy they are so supportive and loving toward's you as well. It makes life easier, doesn't it? Love covers a multitude of things in our life.

Anyway, I pray as I type that the WBR will be a success. I ask it in Jesus' Name. I also ask Him to give you His peace.

Love you Vanessa,

Mary Jo

Brenda_D 10-09-2007 09:00 AM

Vanessa you are in my thoughts and prayers.

I am also amazed that you could attend a class after visiting your Onc yesterday.
Sometimes the strength that BC survivors have is just beyond amazing.
I think that after dealing with BC for awhile, most of us take news like that in stride (even if we are falling apart inside) and go forward to the next step in treatment.
What choice do we really have?
I wish the best for you and your family.

KRISS 10-09-2007 09:17 AM

Vanessa, You are very blessed to have an amazing family by your side. Make sure to let them continue to help you as you start this new treatment plan. It sucks that you have to deal with yet another thing but like you said some good news came out of it so hold on to that for the moment and push forward. We are all thinking of you and praying.