HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Herceptin No More !!!!!! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=28503)

geraldine 06-14-2007 06:36 PM

Herceptin No More !!!!!!

Have just been taken off Herceptin, after, having been on it for nearly 4 years....
I am a 2 times survivor, my first cancer ( Breast ), rearing its ugly head 6 years ago. Result... Lft breast Mastectomy 2001
2 years later I found to my horror, that it had returned. Same side, chest wall...
What I have since been told, is, that I have had two different kinds of Cancer, the first was Hormone sensitive and I went through a severe clinical trial called..Taxotere.., ( It nearly killed me )
The secondary was protein based and after tests proved to be Her2 +++
I qualified for Herceptin, ( The wonder drug ) and it has worked miracles....
Cos I am Here......
I have since been taken off Herceptin and put on a drug called " Femara" A Hormone based drug....
My problem now is.......! what type of Cancer will come back.. If its Gonna .!!!!!! Anyway, What I really want to say is ......If your on Herceptin, Keep your chin up, cos this drug is the major breakthru. Keep well and keep informed x best wishes to all Geri xx
p.s. God Bless
xxxxxxxxx

Adriana Mangus 06-14-2007 06:38 PM

Congrats!

Dear Geraldine: Sending you a big hug and congratulations on your battle vs the beast...so far you are winning..

juanita 06-15-2007 06:53 PM

Congratulations! I hope that everything works out good for you and you continue to beat this thing!

tricia keegan 06-16-2007 02:00 PM

Hi Geraldine!

Geraldine thats wonderful and I'm sure you'll continue to beat this. You must be delighted at having no treatments to look forward to now!
I hope you continue to do well. I see you're from Scotland? I have a son who moved to Dundee four years ago and loves it. My friend from this site Carol H was also from Dundee but moved back to Ireland to be with her husbands family when her cancer spread. Good luck to you and stay well.

Jeanette 06-16-2007 02:16 PM

Hi Geraldine

Congrats on no more Herceptin. I am also a Scot. Born and raised in Montrose, now live in Florida. I had my year of Herceptin and finished last November, feel great and see my Onc next week. Hugs to you,Jeanette

Chelee 06-16-2007 02:31 PM

Geri, It sounds like you've been through your share and your doing GREAT now. :) I truly do believe herceptin is a big player in that. Let me just say, Congratulations to you. You said your problem is you want to know what kind of cancer will come back if it does. Don't think that way...because its NOT coming back. :) Positive thinking girl. (I know...easier said then done...right.) You had Taxotere and 4 yrs of herceptin...I think your going to go great...I really do. Hang in there. Celebrate and enjoy.

Chelee