HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Good News (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=28246)

Mary Jo 05-16-2007 11:32 AM

Good News

Hello all.....................can you "see" the lift in my typing???????? Haha! So very thankful to report that the "findings" today were good news. The "nodes" in question (that lit up on the PET/CT in Dec.) were smaller today than in December. So, no biopsy was needed - THANK GOD! No waiting for test results. I met with my surgeon afterwards and she said the decision was mine if I wanted follow up for this node issue. A possible 6 month ultra sound ONLY IF I FELT IN NECESSARY TO DO as she felt comfortable with leaving it alone. I felt VERY COMFORTABLE leaving it alone so this issue is a dead issue.

Also, while "visiting" with my surgeon there were a few questions about my pathology report that I wanted to know. (at the beginning of the journey I didn't want to know too much) Of course, at the beginning of my journey, when the pathology report came back she did tell me the important information - tumor size (I thought 4.5 cm - it was 4. 0 cm - I could have sworn she said 4.5 back then) It wasn't 4.0 cm all the way around - narrower on the side - an oblong tumor) Anyway, grade 3 (knew that) - clear margins (knew that) 1 microscopic cell in first node - second node clear (knew that) but didn't know the size of the micromet - .085 cm (teeny tiny). Also found out today there was no vascular invasion. Something I learned about on here and didn't know about back then. Would never have thought to ask that almost 2 years ago. But, I asked today, and there was no vascular invasion. (some more great news)

So a GREAT appointment. Thanks to those of you who kept me in their prayers. Only God knows how much I appreciated it.

Love to all,

Mary Jo

Vanessa 05-16-2007 02:06 PM

Congratulations on the good news!

Erin 05-16-2007 02:16 PM

Wonderful!!!! Thanks for sharing your great news!!

kareneg 05-16-2007 04:56 PM

AWESOME news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DonnaD 05-16-2007 05:19 PM

Hi Mary Jo,
We are like one big family. I am rejoicing in your good news.

I love your picture. Who is that cutie?

Celebrate!
Love,
Donna

Marie G 05-16-2007 05:30 PM

You Made Me Smile From the Inside Out!!!!!

What wonderful news to hear tonight(or anytime to be honest!). It is stories like that which make me so happy to be here. The news gave me goose bumps. Rejoice my Friend and I'll be here lighting the candles and saying my prayers. >>Waiting For A Miracle>><WAITING Miracle A For Miracle<WAITING>Marie G.....(and I do believe we all know how you appreciate those continued prayers from us all, a birdie told me so!!)

Jean 05-16-2007 05:52 PM

Mary Jo so happy for you! Enjoy!

Hugs,
jean

sassy 05-16-2007 08:41 PM

Wonderful news Mary Jo---congrats!
________
AnnaSmile cam

Nathan 05-16-2007 10:11 PM

Congratulations!!! That is just Awesome news!!!! It is news like this that give all of us HOPE. May you have many, many more good reports in your future and hopefully never ever hear bad news again.

Leslie's sister 05-17-2007 02:08 AM

congratuations....

.......on the great report! Isn't He just an awesome God!

Lisa

dede10 05-17-2007 07:39 AM

I love it when there are good reports! Congrats & celebrate!

Many blessings!

TriciaK 05-17-2007 07:58 AM

I'm SO glad to read your good news, Mary Jo!! Thank you for posting so soon because I thought of you all day yesterday and prayed it would go well! Hugs, Tricia

tousled1 05-21-2007 07:04 PM

Great news Mary Jo!

Mary Jo 05-31-2007 02:05 PM

Thank you all. It's nice when others rejoice with you.

Mary Jo

StephN 05-31-2007 02:37 PM

Glad to see you join the "good news" club that is also part of this site. We who are doing well against this disease (in spite of the OLD stats) are needed to hold out hope to others who are also in this fight.

Mary Anne in TX 05-31-2007 05:22 PM

I just LOVE the sound of Great News!!!!!

Way to Goooooooooo!
ma

suzan w 06-01-2007 08:09 AM

That is great news!! Have a wonderful weekend with your beautiful family...I love your pictures!