HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Drum roll please.... :) (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=28232)

Chelee 05-15-2007 12:11 AM

Drum roll please.... :)

I had an appt. with my surgeon today and FINALLY got my drain pulled!!! YEAH. I feel like a NEW person now. I am pretty darned sure I am the official winner and NOW hold the record for having a drain in the longest after having a simple mastectomy. (Sixty one days!)

Oh it feels so good to have that gone. Can't wait for my first REAL COMPLETE shower in the morning. :) That drain was put in on March 15th. Its been in so long I noticed its a bit sore on the side where he pulled it out. But this too shall pass. I had to laugh at myself because my first visit to the rest room when I got home without thinking I automatically went to check my drain and it wasn't there. haha (That shows you it was in way to long.) I sure won't be missing it though. Not to bore anyone...I am just so excited I can't stand it. I was beginning to think that drain was going to be a permanent attachment.

Chelee

Mary Jo 05-15-2007 04:04 AM

Chelee,

I'm so happy that you finally had your drained pulled.http://www.her2support.org/vbulletin...cons/icon7.gif Having been their I know how wonderful and free it feels when it is gone. I can't even imagine having it in as long as you had. Well, it's out now and that's the important thing.

Mary Jo

Kimberly Lewis 05-15-2007 04:05 AM

Isnt' it weird how wonderful it is to feel a bit more normal - what ever that is now! Rejoicing with you, k

DonnaD 05-15-2007 05:45 AM

Chelee,
Congrats! Oh my you must feel so good.

I had a lumpectomy and had the drain in for over two weeks. I remember how good it felt to get that dumb thing out but was a bit sore after its removal. Remember you will need time to heal. I can also remember how good that first shower felt.

I bet you own the record!
Donna

suzan w 05-15-2007 08:26 AM

Oh Happy Day!!! HATED those drains!!! Gives me the willies still every time I think about them!!!

Audrey 05-15-2007 11:30 AM

Congratulations on having your drains pulled! I really hated those things--I just had my port removed yesterday after 5 years (no longer on treatment) and that feels pretty good, too! Sixty-one days sounds like a record to me--treat yourself to something nice after that ordeal!

tricia keegan 05-15-2007 02:05 PM

Great news Chelee...now go celebrate!!

Jean 05-15-2007 02:42 PM

So Happy for you Chelee,

Hopefully now you can begin to enjoy your days.

Hugs,
Jean

Chelee 05-16-2007 12:46 AM

&

Thanks to all for the replies. It really is SO NICE to be without my little "drain devil" hanging on me. I sure don't miss it. I feel like a new person...its about time.

Audrey, Big Congratulations on having your port removed. Five yrs...WOW. I can only imagine how great it feels to get your port taken out after such a long time. I am just thrilled for you. What a nice feeling that must be. You have certainly earned it to have that removed. Here's wishing you a wonderful life on a clear road of continued NED. (Its people like you that give me so much hope.) I so appreciate you sticking around here with your smiling face. :) God bless you.

Chelee

KellyA 05-16-2007 04:36 AM

Hi Chelee,

I am so glad that you finally got your drains out! I hated those things! I had to wear these little maternity peasant blouses to conceal the drains and I swear I looked 8 months pregnant. I was so afraid to go out because I just KNEW someone was going to ask when I was due (what a can of worms they would be opening!). My close girlfriend, who is hysterical, told me that if anyone asked, just to lift my blouse up and say I was having a "test tube baby" (she can always make me laugh in the worst of times).

Anyways, I KNOW that you are probably feeling SOOOO much better now without those things in cart and tow.......enjoy your new found freedom!!!!!

Love, Kelly