HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Hey My Friends (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=28062)

Marie G 05-02-2007 01:45 PM

Hey My Friends

Anyone having trouble with watery eyes?? We are not sure if my husband has these side effects from Herceptin, Tamoxifen...etc, etc. If you do have a problem, what do you think it is?? >>>Waiting For A Miracle>>Marie G...and remember, you are all in both of our prayers!!

lilyecuadorian 05-02-2007 05:39 PM

I did have that problem with my eyes ...I did ask to my doctor he just send me (natural drops ) from the farmacy

fullofbeans 05-02-2007 07:28 PM

I had very watery eye during chemo (taxotere) but they are still a bit fragile but getting better along with the growth of my eyelashes those little guys have an important function taken for granted by all these fully eyelashed people out there!(:-).

My most noticeable issue with herceptine is a runny nose..
All the best
Karina

Beckie 05-02-2007 08:49 PM

I did have very watery eyes while I was on chemo (taxotere) which went away when I went off it. I am still on herceptin. My doctor said it was a side effect and as long as I could handle it, to just live with it. The side effects let you know the drug is working, I guess. Just know nothing lasts forever. God bless.

hutchibk 05-02-2007 11:20 PM

I had watery eyes on herceptin... plus I have allergies to spring pollens. Bad combination. My doc prescribed me Patanol eye drops which really really help.

hutchibk 05-02-2007 11:21 PM

I had watery eyes on herceptin... plus I have allergies to spring pollens. Bad combination. My doc prescribed me Patanol eye drops which really really help me.

tricia keegan 05-03-2007 11:28 AM

I had this too..actually watery eyes and a runny nose! it started during a/c but continued through herceptin for months. I tried a couple of otc anti histamines but nothing worked,eventually it just stopped.
My Dr said if it was really bad he could do something with the tear ducts to stop it (can't remember what now) but I did'nt fancy another surgery and just put up with it. I was told it happens because we lose our lashes and have nothing to clear the smoke/dirt/pollution from our eyes but not sure if thats true.
Sorry I can't be more help!

Lolly 05-03-2007 11:48 AM

I have had watering eyes, runny nose and achey joints since starting Herceptin in 2001. Just stopped Herceptin in mid April in preparation for starting Tykerb/Abraxane, and my eyes and nose have dried up and my joints don't ache! So far anyway, now waiting for the side effects of Tykerb/Abraxane to kick in, may be back to achey/breaky soon :)

julierene 05-03-2007 12:40 PM

I had the runny nose REAL bad! It felt like water would just drip out of my nose!

hutchibk 05-03-2007 01:33 PM

Yep, drippy nose too! Worse with the allergies, but I had it fairly bad without allergies, too.