HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Been a long day-feeling better! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=28004)

Sandy H 04-27-2007 02:13 PM

Been a long day-feeling better!

Well, I went in for my treatment this morning and the doctor heard my cough and how short of breath I was and thought I had pneumonia. He ordered a chest x-ray and than sent me for a thoracentesis. They drew off 1200 ml of fluid (5 cups). Needless, to say I am feeling better and my cough is gone. So it turned out I did not pick up a bug going around here. Now, we will see if it contains cancer cells which my oncologist says, "he is worried it will". The fluid was clear yellow no blood in it and the radiologist said that is good. Lots going on here with me. I will see the surgeon next week about getting the port removed ( it is surround with tumor from the skin mets). He does not want it accessed and my veins are about gone. Will decide where to place it when I see the surgeon. Will probably need a plastic surgeon for a graft to the area. Than, depending on what the fluid shows, try to decide if we will continue with the Doxil or try something else. I will keep you updated. Guess, it is my turn for a turn of events! hugs, Sandy

chrisy 04-27-2007 02:39 PM

Oh gosh, Sandy - I hate to hear you are going through such an ordeal. I"m glad you're feeling better and will be holding you in my prayers. Hang in there Sandy. Put on those green shoes and kick butt!

Much love

Chris

RhondaH 04-27-2007 02:45 PM

Sandy...

sending BIG huggs and prayers your way.

Rhonda

Lolly 04-27-2007 02:46 PM

Sandy, Sure glad you're feeling better but what a day! You are in my thoughts and prayers as you navigate this "turn of events". Thinking of you...

<3 Lolly

Julie2 04-27-2007 02:48 PM

I am thinking of you Sandy. Hope everything will be alright.

Julie

Sheila 04-27-2007 02:50 PM

Sandy

Hope the fluid is negative, but glad to hear you are feeling better...it seems like the old saying when it rains it pours, and you have definitely had your share lately...it seems most of us do good for awhile and then things change....we all need some good news for a change...I hope its from you. You are in my thoughts and prayers

Jean 04-27-2007 03:09 PM

Dear Sandy,

You are such a strong fighter....I will continue to keep you in my prayers.

Kind Regards,
Jean

suzan w 04-27-2007 03:54 PM

So sorry to hear that you are going through so much...no fair! Prayers and good thoughts coming your way

michele u 04-27-2007 04:09 PM

Sandy,

im so sorry you had to go through that. I'm glad your feeling better though. Keep the Faith!!

Mary Anne in TX 04-27-2007 04:40 PM

Oh, Sandy! It's always your turn for wonderful things to happen to you! I'll be praying for just the answers you want and need. Tons of best wishes and love. ma

lindaw 04-27-2007 05:53 PM

Dear Sandy

So sorry to hear you had to go through that. It sounded scarey. Hoping for good news about the fluid. You are always in my thoughts.

love
lindaw

Carolyns 04-27-2007 06:37 PM

Hi Sandy,

I am sorry that you are going through this. I just picture you smiling with your green shoes on and it is hard to imagine otherwise.

I will say a special prayer for you tonight. I wish you well. God bless us all.

Love, Peace and Hope,

Carolyns

Liz J. 04-27-2007 06:46 PM

Dear Sandy,

Sending prayers and hugs that all will turn out well.

Sincerely,

Liz J.

hutchibk 04-27-2007 07:00 PM

Sandy, best wishes and prayers... take it easy and give your body a chance to ramp back up. Faith, hope and love!

Becky 04-27-2007 07:05 PM

Oh rats! I wish you weren't feeling so rotten. Having a new port placement isn't any fun either. We'll all play the waiting game with you though. Sending only good thoughts your way.

Love and hugs

kareneg 04-27-2007 07:16 PM

You are in my thoughts and prayers, I hope everything turns out good..

StephN 04-27-2007 07:24 PM

Hold those vacation memories ...

... of the sunny and warm Florida coast as you tackle this next round of tests and treatment. Perhaps they will use the brachial (sp?) artery in the underside of your upper arm. Some of the gals here have mentioned having that site and they say it works well. Hopefully that is far enough away from any skin mets.

Your faith will see you through - it may just get a little bumpier along the way. Just conserve your energy for the "big stuff" and let the rest fall by the wayside.

Sending you a {{{big cyberhug}}}

lexigirl 04-27-2007 07:43 PM

Sandy,

I am sorry that you are going through this. Saying prayers for no cancerous cells in your lung fluid. I hope that your surgery to remove and replace your port goes smoothly.

Hugs,
Lexi

Bev 04-27-2007 08:03 PM

Crud! I'm just sending very bad vibes towards any cancer cells you may harbor. Squash them. Hope all your news is OK to good. BB

mslinda 04-27-2007 09:26 PM

Gosh Sandy, wish I knew what to say to make you feel better. I will pray for you that the fluid is clear of any cancer cells, and that your port removal and new site will go smoothly. You are a special person to everyone, especially to this site. You are getting lots of prayers, and I know that the Lord is in control.

Linda in Mississippi