HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   hi (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=27280)

Joy 03-07-2007 05:29 PM

hi

Just getting the pre-result jitters for tomorrow's visit. Not sure why, I mean, how MANY times have I faced results? I don't know if it is psychosomatic (psycho anyway) that I'm feeling a little more tired from chemo. My nails are crumbling off and it is kinda owie. I feel like i've developed food intolerances-is that nuts?

I keep beating myself up for not being as energetic and then I try to remember that in the last year and a half I've been in chemo for 14 months total with only a 6 week break.

I know I have options. You just can't help but think when is the body gonna say, "enough!"?

Oh well, my 10 year old informed me-the way they do-that none of her tennis shoes fit and they have begun morning jogging in preparation for the Pentathalon. So we are off to shoe shop (change of seasons always seems to cost money doesn't it). This is all after my 8 year old came home and just had to make "fairy cakes" from scratch for the magic fairy bush at the park where her class likes to picnic. So we did (not bad I must say-lucky fairies). She wrote them a note that began, "To you fairies..." Cracked me up.

Oh and GET this. Remember my sister's foster dog who had the puppies-who are gargantuan and go on to one -on- one foster homes sundayhttp://www.her2support.org/vbulletin...lies/frown.gif before spay and neuter, recovery and back to the humane society for adoption (we are taking bets on how long they'll last there-5 seconds, maybe)----Well, on Monday someone brought in a 2 week old puppy whose mama had died and this person didn't know how to care for it. The HS called my sis knowing that she had a nursing mama dog and now my sister's foster dog, Jada, is a foster mom herself! She has been nursing the new one, named Miss Daisy. Jennifer is supplementing with some formula and the little one is feisty and well (if it didn't work they were thinking of euthanizing). We felt like at was a little miracle. Especially since Jada gave birth to 3 girls and 5 boys and lost one of the girls. Now she has that 8th puppy and a girl.

Life can be amazing and all I want is to be around to see it.

thanks for your support, always

jessica 03-07-2007 05:38 PM

Lucky Fairies!

Keep your spirits up, Joy!
Sounds like you had a great day, inspite of tomorrow's pending results.
Thanks for sharing it with us.

Keeping you in thoughts & prayers~

Jml

Carolyns 03-07-2007 06:37 PM

Hi Joy,

That is a great story about the puppies. How cute!

Regarding the scans, you are not alone. It is tough to wait and go through it each time for me too. I don't know how people can just glide through it without getting nervous. I know I can't.

God bless you and extra prayers headed your way!

Love, Peace, and Hope,

Carolyns

kareneg 03-07-2007 07:31 PM

Hi Joy,

Your in my thoughts and prayers. I love Fairy's ad I probably would like the cake even more lol. All my best I will be sending and thinking good thoughts your way tomorrow!

Mary Jo 03-07-2007 07:32 PM

Hi,

Ohhhh, I can "hear" your anxiousness and just want to offer a hug and a comforting "we're here for you" no matter what. I know how scared you must be. We've all been their. Waiting for those dreaded results is the WORST kind of hell. Once we know things it's easier but that waiting is just literally, hell.

So, praying for good results - praying for peace and JOY to surround you.

God Bless you,

Mary Jo

Jean 03-07-2007 07:43 PM

You Will ...

see it all Joy, your spirit is so very kind and strong. You just keep climbing
those mountains and you are going to get to the top. I always enjoy your
puppy stories. I am a big dog lover, have an American Bull named Bernie,
whom I just love to death, all 105 pds of him. He just loves to share our
bed. He is one big snuggle boy. My son is trying to talk us into getting another
a female.

Wishing you all the best and keeping you in my prayers!

Jean

caya 03-07-2007 07:56 PM

Good luck Joy - positive thoughts coming.

Caya

Margerie 03-07-2007 09:21 PM

Good luck Joy!! Think of those wiggly puppies all the way to your appointment!

Linda 03-07-2007 09:50 PM

Joy: your post made me laugh. I'll be sending best thoughts for your results from the west coast.
love
Linda

vickie h 03-07-2007 09:53 PM

Tomorrow will be

when we will all be praying for you, Joy. With your wonderfully uplifting spirit, God will wrap you in his warm, loving arms and carry you right through those tests/scans. We love you, Vickie

Lolly 03-07-2007 10:04 PM

Joy, you know those jitters are just the pits, aren't they. I also know you're a one tough cookie, so if the news is good we celebrate with you, and if not we roll our sleeves up with you and go to work. Try to put those worries to rest and get some sleep tonight.

<3 Lolly

Belinda 03-08-2007 03:04 AM

Kids and puppies have a way of keeping things real, don't they? Heart-breaking and heart-filling all at once. Well, good luck tomorrow/today (it's 8.33pm here in Adelaide Aust), let us all know how it goes. Lucky vibes coming your way, riding on the backs of caked-up fairies......Bx

Andi 03-08-2007 08:27 AM

Positive thoughts and prayers are with you for your results. I was wondering about the puppies, so I enjoyed your update. My daughter has a dog named Jada, too.

Emelie 03-08-2007 08:36 AM

Joy,
Just keep enjoying those "fairy cakes" and puppies and you will retain that beautiful smile. We all know how hard it is to wait, but we are all here for you. Sending you lots of sunshine from Illinois.

suzan w 03-08-2007 09:55 AM

Hope all is well...waiting is the pits. Loved the puppy story...thanks for the update!!! I have a dog (now almost 13) that I got when she was 8 days old...we have quite the bond!!!