HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   A message from Christine...I'm fine (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=26845)

Christine 01-25-2007 10:24 AM

A message from Christine...I'm fine

I thank each and every one of you for your concern and prayers. I have confidence that the gamma knife proceedure I went in for early Wednesday morning will work well. I feel very positive, happy, and healthy today. I cannot stress enough how important it is to undergo frequent brain MRIs after dealing with such an onset of brain metastases. I've been going every six months, and without it, I would have never been able to find this new tumor after four and a half years since my last. My tumor was caught very small (> 1 cm) and treatable, and both my doctors and I feel that I will be okay.

Thank you!

Hugs to all,
Christine

Digital pictures of the proceedure to follow!

rinaina 01-25-2007 10:42 AM

Thank you Christine for posting so soon following your Gamma Knife Treatment. I am happy you feel well enough to do so. I too am confident that this was caught early and you are such an excellent example of why it is so important to stay on top of our cancer. I hope this is the last of it and the road ahead has no more bumps in it for you. Stay well.

RhondaH 01-25-2007 10:52 AM

AWESOME news Christine...

I TOO feel confident you will be fine, your such a warrior. Take care and God bless.

Rhonda

Carolyns 01-25-2007 10:58 AM

Hi Christine,

That is good to hear. Thank you for posting the update. I wish you and Joe well. You do so much for each of us through your efforts and through your spirit. Angels on earth. God bless you both.

Speedy recovery!

Love and peace, Carolyns

Karen Weixel 01-25-2007 11:04 AM

Woo hoo!!!

Christine,

I feel your confidence and I, too believe you will be fine.

As I said before, I am sending, strength, peace and healing prayers your way.

Karen

Sheila 01-25-2007 11:05 AM

Christine

So glad to read your post...I am so happy that this was caught early and you will be fine...many prayers have been answered from all of your "family" that you mean the world to on this board.....you once again prove the point of vigilence on the brain MRI's! Sending a big hug and lots of love

chrisy 01-25-2007 11:25 AM

Christine

So glad things went well, I knew they would. It is so amazing that in this day you can go in for "brain surgery" and come out feeling terrific. Thanks for reminding us of the importance of being vigilant. I will be scheduling an MRI in the next few weeks just to be safe.

Take care
Love
Chris

Colleen007 01-25-2007 11:55 AM

So glad to hear things went well. I have never had a brain MRI, but my oncologist agreed to order one for me since I was stage 4 right out of the gate...I have the MRI tomorrow and hope that we can just use it as a baseline in the future (I'm not having any symptoms, but the brain seems to be the only area that hasn't been scanned so far). You are a role model to so many and it helps me to see someone like you with such a positive outlook.

mslinda 01-25-2007 11:59 AM

Glad to hear you are doing great. Thanks for letting us know so quickly.

Linda

Adriana Mangus 01-25-2007 12:05 PM

You are an inspiration

Christine: I'm glad you email us to let us know you are doing fine!

We have met in the past @ the Spanish Landing Park during one of the events that Genentech set up, you were there and so other breast cancer survivors, it was a beautiful day and I got to meet a lot of people. You and I have talked on the phone many many times in the past and you are and have been an inspiration to me, always so positive and encouraging. I want you to know that am praying for you today.

tricia keegan 01-25-2007 01:11 PM

Christine thanks for the update and so glad to hear you're feeling well and positive.
I wish you a speedy recovery and good health for many more years.
Tricia

mts 01-25-2007 01:14 PM

AMEN!

Maria (MTS)

tousled1 01-25-2007 01:17 PM

Christine,

I'm so happy that you are doing well. Your positive attitute is truly an inspiration. Your experience just makes us all aware of how important brain MRIs are. Withing you a speedy recovery.

Patb 01-25-2007 01:23 PM

Christine

Thank you for posting and I wish you the best of health. The site is a wonderful
one and has so much information for all of us.

patb

Kim in CA 01-25-2007 02:52 PM

Dear Christine,

Just found out about your latest news. I'm glad that you caught it and got after it right away. Just another reminder of how sneaky "it" is. Thanks to you paving the way, I was able to face my Gamma Knife in 2005 with less fear and more confidence of a positive outcome. You continue to inspire us all.

Love and Big Hugs,

Kim in CA

kimber 01-25-2007 02:53 PM

yeah!!!!!!! I am so happy that you are feeling well!

Thank you for letting us know! - kim

lindaw 01-25-2007 03:13 PM

Dear Christine

thats great news - you sound so well.

love
lindaw

Lolly 01-25-2007 03:17 PM

Thank you for posting Christine! I know you will do just fine, but we worry anyway, and so thankful you are feeling well and your docs are happy with the procedure...prayers are ongoing :)

<3 Lolly

Barbara H. 01-25-2007 03:35 PM

Glad you are doing well!

Hi Christine,
Thank you so much for posting. You have been in my thoughts all day, and I was upset yesterday to learn that you had to go through this procedure. It also demonstrates how diligent we all need to be about scheduling our regular MRIs. I hope you continue to feel well, and that you have an uneventful recovery.
Best wishes,
Barbara H.

SusanV 01-25-2007 03:57 PM

Christine,

So glad to hear that things went well ! God Bless

Thinking of you