HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   A little down... (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=26657)

chrisy 01-11-2007 11:17 PM

A little down...

My friend and "adopted mom" passed yesterday from BC. Thora took me, a complete stranger, under her wing when I was first diagnosed, cried with me when I recurred, recommended me to my wonderful oncologist and was an inspiration to me in so many ways.

After surviving many many years after her own StageIII diagnosis, in November she learned the cancer had spread all over. After a cycle of Taxotere, she decided enough was enough and entered hospice care and died peacefully at home surrounded by her family.

Thora was truly an angel among us...now she'll be watching over us.

I hate this disease.

tousled1 01-12-2007 12:00 AM

Chrisy,

You have my heart felt sympathy in the loss of someone who truly cared for you. This is an absolutely dreadful disease and all we can do is fight it the best we can. I lost a very good friend of mine over the Holiday. She was only 33 and had cervical cancer but by the time she went to the doctor she was already stage IV. It's always hard when we lose someone we care about to this disease. Again, you have my deepest sympathy.

tousled1 01-12-2007 12:00 AM

Chrisy,

You have my heart felt sympathy in the loss of someone who truly cared for you. This is an absolutely dreadful disease and all we can do is fight it the best we can. I lost a very good friend of mine over the Holiday. She was only 33 and had cervical cancer but by the time she went to the doctor she was already stage IV. It's always hard when we lose someone we care about to this disease. Again, you have my deepest sympathy.

eric 01-12-2007 05:58 AM

Chrissy,

I'm so sorry for your loss. She sounded like a real angel and someone you were lucky to have known.

Eric

Sheila 01-12-2007 06:23 AM

Chrissy

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your "special friend"....it seems there is no rhyme or reason to this disease...but it sure knows how to inflict pain on us....she is in a better place now, and you are both better for the time you shared with each other.....a big hug to you in this sad time.

Leslie's sister 01-12-2007 06:23 AM

My condolences

Chrisy:

I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. I HATE this disease as well. I just keep praying.

SusanV 01-12-2007 09:01 AM

Chrissy,

I just wanted to say I am soo sorry for the loss of this special person. I hope you find comfort in the days ahead.

Thinking of you

lexigirl 01-12-2007 10:14 AM

Chrisy,

I am sorry that bc took your dear friend. She will be watching over you and give you strength when you are in need.

Hugs and Prayers,
Lexi

Joy 01-12-2007 10:47 AM

so sorry

Chrisy, i'm terribly saddened to hear of your loss. It is all so ugly, this disease. What a gift she is to you and I hope you receive her strength to keep up with your own fight-that's what she wants. So look to her for that when you get discouraged. I will be lighting a candle for the two of you today and know that you are loved and supported.

sarah 01-12-2007 12:29 PM

Chrissy,
So sorry to hear about the loss of your "adopted mom"
love and hugs
sarah

rinaina 01-12-2007 01:14 PM

Chrissy, please accept my most sincere condolences and this very special friend in your life. What a tragedy to lose someone so special and dear. I can understand you being down. You now have the same guardian angel watching over you she is just physically not here. Draw strength from the beautiful relationship you had with her as she would want you to be strong and to keep fighting.

Sandy H 01-12-2007 06:09 PM

Chrisy, I know how you feel because I lost a dear friend who I met during BC. She survived two years and we shared the same kind of cancer but in so many different ways. She was in so much pain from the beginning I know she is in a better place but still can't believe she is gone and its been since Labor Day. She was such a sweet person the kind that you wish could live forever! It left her 84 year old Mom very angry. I sending you a big cyber hug and lots or prayers. We hold our memories dear to our hearts. Sandy

Liz J. 01-12-2007 07:10 PM

Dear Chrisy,

My sincere condolences to you on the loss of your dear friend. I will say a prayer for both of you.

May God give you strength.

Liz J.

Jean 01-12-2007 07:18 PM

Dear Chrisy,

I am sorry to hear of your loss and I can understand your pain and loss.
This disease is so hateful. So many of us have lost beautiful friends and
loved ones. I will say a special prayer for her and for you.

Warmly,
Jean

karen raines hunt 01-12-2007 08:36 PM

Dear Chrissy,

I am so sorry to hear about your loss.

Karen

Bev 01-12-2007 09:07 PM

So sorry Chrissy. I lost my young BC mentor not too long ago. It hurts. The only thing we can do in their memory is to live well and keep up the fight. They would want nothing less. Hope you can find some comfort in your loss. Bev

Lolly 01-12-2007 09:21 PM

Dear Chrissy,

I know how you feel. It's just so hard when someone we look up to is taken by this disease. I've had it happen too. I sympathize with you and the only advise I can offer is "hang in there". You can honor your friend's courage and strength by continuing to fight and survive. Of course, you know this, but I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone.

<3 Lolly

Vanessa 01-12-2007 10:23 PM

I am really sorry about the loss of your dear friend. I hate this disease, too. I will be thinking about you.

Chelee 01-12-2007 10:52 PM

Christy, I am just so sorry to hear about your loss. What a true blessing to have had such a special person as your *adopted mom* to share your life with. I can only imagine what a difficult time this is for you. My deepest sympathy on your loss. Oh how I had this dreaded disease!

I will have you in my thoughts and prayers.

Chelee

tricia keegan 01-13-2007 03:13 AM

So Sorry

Chrisy I too am so sorry for the pain you're feeling at your loss.
I just lost my own dear friend New years eve aged 40.
It's sad and makes me so angry.
I'll have you both in my thoughts and prayers.

Tricia