HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Lost a special member of my family (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=25719)

Sherryg683 10-13-2006 07:10 PM

Lost a special member of my family

I haven't posted this week. Early Sunday morning, October 8...my sons best friend, and a second son to me was killed in a car wreck, they had been drinking. He was 18 years old. My son Cory had just gotten out of the jeep 10 minutes prior to the accident because of my insistance that he come home early. The jeep they were in flipped over about 6 times and landed in a deep ditch. Michael was killed instantly, he was the passenger. The driver, a 17 year old friend of my son is now being charged with vehicular homicide and will serve jail time. Michael was the sweetest kid and was such a support to me when I was diagnosed. He would get in the bed with me and talk to me for hours. I was having a deep self pity party when this happened. This has made me realize that even if this disease does someday take my life, I will have at least had the time to tell my friends and family that I love them and have time to say goodbye....Michael didn't have that chance. I feel that an angel was watching over my soon that night and I thank the Lord for it. Life is so fragile and it makes no sense as to who goes first, every day is a gift...sherryg683

lindaw 10-13-2006 07:18 PM

Dear Sherry

This must be such a shock for you. I wonder how your son is going as well - it is so difficult to loose your friends so young amd also for him to have survived having left the car - thats quite a trauma for him.Does pu suff into persepective doesn't it.

love
linda

Sandy H 10-13-2006 07:30 PM

Sherry I know how you feel! My son lost his best friend when they were both 15 years old. His friend took his life-lots of problems in the family including being an unwanted child. He spent most of his time at our house. We would talk about everything as he couldn't talk at home without feeling like he didn't know anything. He called us Mom and Dad and my son his brother. It is just like loosing one of your own. I will pray you find peace with the memories we hold so dear. Sending you and your son a big hug. Sandy

karenann 10-13-2006 08:20 PM

Sherry,

I am so sorry.

Hugs and prayers,

Karen

Cathya 10-13-2006 08:31 PM

Sherry;

I am so sorry for your loss and your son's loss. This is a terrible tragedy and I am sure your son will live with his friends death and his close call forever in the future. I live in a small town and hear of these events unfortunately far too often....although more especially on grad night. Sherry...that this boy was so considerate and kind to you makes his passing all the more difficult as he was obviously a caring and sensitive person. I am so sorry and my prayers will go out to him, his family, you and your son. God bless

Cathy

tousled1 10-13-2006 10:24 PM

I am so sorry for both your loss and your son's loss. I can't even imagine the pain your son is feeling. Thankfully, he came home early.

sarah 10-14-2006 01:13 AM

This is very sad.
Hugs and love
sarah

KathyH 10-14-2006 06:01 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss. I am thankful that your son is safe. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Love, Kathy

rinaina 10-14-2006 08:31 AM

So sorry for this horrible and senseless loss. Thank goodness your son listened to you about coming home early. My son lost a a friend the same way and it is such a tragedy that didn't have to happen. I hope your son is coping with this loss and you too. We never think this type of tragedy is going to hit so close to home. My heart goes out to you, your son and the young man's family.

Barbara H. 10-14-2006 08:37 AM

Hi Sherry,
I am so sorry for your loss. One never really gets over a tragedy like this. You just learn to live with it. My thoughts and condolences go out to you.
Barbara H.

lexigirl 10-14-2006 09:31 AM

Sherry,

I am so sorry for the loss of your son's friend. My prayers are with his family and yours.

Love and Prayers,
Lexi

Vanessa 10-14-2006 10:35 AM

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your son's friend (and friend of your family). It is so sad when a young life is taken so quickly. I will keep you, your son, and your family in my prayers.

Becky 10-14-2006 12:34 PM

Sherry

I am very sorry about the loss of your son's best friend. I am grateful that your son is fine. I will pray for you and your family through this tough time.

Love, Becky

Liz J. 10-14-2006 02:28 PM

Dear Sherry,

My sincere condolences to you and your family and the family of the young man who lost his life. May God be with all of you. This is a terrible tragedy.

Hugs,

Liz J.

Bev 10-14-2006 08:53 PM

So sorry Sherry. This is one of those things that will take lots of time to heal. I'm glad your son is OK. It is so sad to lose someone so young. Every day is truly a gift. BB

madubois63 10-15-2006 05:03 AM

Sherry - I am so sorry for the loss of your and your son's friend. This is especially sad because he was so young and such an understanding young man. My prayers go out to his family and yours for the comfort to get passed the overwhelming grief and to find a way to go on with life without him (hard to do I am sure).

Maryann

rinaina 10-15-2006 07:00 AM

Along this same tragedy, this weekend, a neighboring suburb to us, had their homecoming weekend. Following their homecoming football game and a party, 2 high school seniors lost their life in a horrible accident and 3 other high school boys are critical due to a poor judgement of one of the deceased getting behind the wheel while intoxicated. His car slammed into a tree at very high speed. The high school cancelled the homecoming parade and other games the next day but the dance will go on. We need to make our voices heard even louder against drinking and driving. These were not bad boys, in fact they were good students who were involved in school activities and were applying to colleges after they graduated but now that is over. So very sad. This happened in Deerfield Illinois which is a lovely north shore suburb of Chicago.

Lolly 10-15-2006 07:56 AM

Sherry, I'm so sorry to hear this. It really is hard to lose a young person, it just seems so senseless. Sending prayers to you, your son and Michael's family.

<3 Lolly