HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   2 year anniversary today (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=25537)

jener8er 10-01-2006 06:15 PM

2 year anniversary today

Yes that's right, it was 2 years ago today that I had my first mammo/ultrasound that was "highly suspicious of malignancy" and Oct 4th when I heard the words "you have cancer". I was told even before my biopsy, it was that obvious. I do feel a little better, making it to the 2-year mark with NO mets or anything, even being staged at 3a so it IS do-able. Now next year when I stop the Herceptin I will be a bsaket case I know. But I know with my type of very aggressive cancer, the first 2 years are the most vulnerable. Herceptin ROCKS!!!

Thank you all for all your help, knowledge and support - without this site I wouldn't know half of what I know about what I'm dealing with. Thank you so much Joe and Christine for everything you do, you truly are making a difference in ALL our lives!
Jen - TWO YEAR (and counting) SURVIVOR - YEAH!!!!!

janet/FL 10-01-2006 06:33 PM

Happy second--and many more!
Janet

Mary Jo 10-01-2006 06:51 PM

Congratulations to you! How awesome! Life is good, isn't it!!!!!!!!!!

We all need to MAKE IT GREAT! Life is short - but sweet!

marejo

micheleu 10-01-2006 07:24 PM

Jen, congrat's. this was my 3 year anniversary. I think we all have alot to be thankful for

Bev 10-01-2006 08:29 PM

Jen, congrats! Lately after 1 1/2 years my mood has changed and I'm happier and feeling so much hope. Many more anniversaries to you! BB

lexigirl 10-01-2006 08:30 PM

Jen,

Happy 2 year anniversary!! I wish you many many more!!

Lexi

chrisy 10-01-2006 08:59 PM

Congratulations!

And you just reminded ME...today is my 2 year anniversary of my very first chemo. Funny the things we celebrate! But each such milestone is another reminder how precious each day is and how far we have come.

Next year when you finish herceptin you may be a basket case, but you will also have that much more time behind you and even more before you!

Take care
Chris

tousled1 10-02-2006 01:07 AM

Congratulations Jennifer! Many years to come yet

Sheila 10-02-2006 04:04 AM

Jen

CONGRATULATIONS AND MAY YOU HAVE MANY MANY MORE ANNIVERSARIES TO CELEBRATE!!!!!!!!!!

IRENE FROM TAMPA 10-02-2006 04:28 AM

Congrats Jen

On your 2nd year and I just know that you will see many more to come your way.

Take care

Cathya 10-02-2006 05:06 AM

Jen;

Congratulations!! I agree that these first two years are very significant and pray you have many, many more NED years in the future.

Cathy

MJo 10-02-2006 06:08 AM

All the very best ... . and then some. MJO

sabpri 10-02-2006 09:42 AM

Jen,

Just wanted to say Congrats to you. You were one of the first to reach out to me in my age group, and your support and sharing helped me more than you will ever know. I was so grateful to know I was not the only person with small kids going through this.

I am also happy to hear that you are feeling so well emotionally 2 years out. I have had lots of ups and downs and feel like I am never going to get an emotional break from the death senetence I feel like I was given. I have heard 2 years is a big step. I have 10 more months to go!!

Thanks for everything and congrats to you!

Natalie

gin-tx 10-02-2006 10:33 AM

2 yr anniversary

Dear Jen,

Congrats on your 2 yr anny. I will be so glad to reach that milestone. I had BC 10 yrs ago, now I have Her2 Metastatic Grade IV, and hope I get to the point you are now. Am recieving Herceptin and Aridia. I have a CT scheduled for next week, am very nervous of the outcome. After I was diag with BC in April, a bone scan revealed something on spine, then had MRI that determined I had a malignant tumor on spine which had to be dealt with first, I could not lie on my back. Hopefully everything will be okay.

Stay healthy and keep me informed of your progress.

ginkott1@aol.com

Andi 10-02-2006 11:01 AM

Happy 2nd. Here's wishing you many many more!

juanita 10-02-2006 03:10 PM

Congratulations! It's so great to reach each milestone!

gin-tx 10-04-2006 04:30 PM

2 yr anniversary

Dear Jen,

Congrats! I'll be so glad when I get to that mark. I had BC 10 yrs ago and this time it's much more aggressive. I've only had 5 Herceptin treatments so I have a long way to go. Plus I had a tumor on spine that changed it to Metastatic Grace IV, I go for a CT on Fri to see if spine is clear after 18 radiation treatments, how liver and lungs look. Am very nervous as I'm having pain again in region of back that I had tumor. I hope it's nothing but muscle strain. This web site is wonderful for communicating with others who are understanding of what we're having to endure.

Keep in touch and let me know how you are progressing.

hugs,

ginkott1@aol.com

jener8er 10-04-2006 05:19 PM

Thank you all for your good wishes - this site is the best! I hope everyone else can get great scan results this week too, and we can all score one against cancer!
{{ Hugs for all }}

Jen

rinaina 10-05-2006 08:48 AM

congrats and wishing you many many more disease free years.

suzan w 10-05-2006 10:34 AM

wonderful news!!!