HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Started Tykerb/xeloda Today (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=24944)

IRENE FROM TAMPA 08-11-2006 12:34 PM

Started Tykerb/xeloda Today

Well, the day finally arrived and I met with my oncs office yesterday for them to "HAND OVER" the Tykerb. What a whirlwind of paperwork passing hands back and forth and finally opening up officially as at EAP compassionate use site. I believe they are one of two in Florida so far. The other is M.D. Anderson in Orlando for any of you that live in this area. They plan on getting many more opened up and I pray your locations open up soon for those of you that are waiting.

I took my first dose this a.m. of both to follow with dose of Xeloda this evening.

Ladies, I am praying for myself and well as for all of us that this is our MIRACLE DRUG. There are many more to follow if not.

I THINK I CAN NOW START CONCENTRATING ON MY TRIP.

Good luck to us all.

Everyone take care ...

Chelee 08-11-2006 12:43 PM

Irene, I am so happy to hear you finally got your Tykerb. http://www.her2support.org/vbulletin...lies/smile.gif I can't wait to hear how the Tykerb and Xeloda is your miracle combination! Hopefully now that you got that all out of the way you can relax a little bit and totally focus on your vacation as you so deserve it. Now go have some FUN Irene! http://www.her2support.org/vbulletin...lies/smile.gif

Chelee

IRENE FROM TAMPA 08-11-2006 12:51 PM

Thank you Chelee

I will post pictures when we return.

I AM SO looking forward to this...

lexigirl 08-11-2006 01:01 PM

Irene,

I am saying a prayer that this will be the miracle drug for us. I am so happy that you are receiving this drug and am very hopeful for a great outcome.

I hope you have a wonderful time in Italy.

Love and Prayers,
Lexi

kareneg 08-11-2006 03:50 PM

Irene,

I am also praying for you and all of us and I am so happy for you! Have a wonderful trip too!

Becky 08-11-2006 04:28 PM

Yeah! Can you feel it working? I can!!

Have a great weekend and a great trip.

Becky

judiek 08-11-2006 04:41 PM

Irene,

So glad you have your drugs...I can hear the relief in your post to be back on something to start fighting the dieseae back again. Have a wonderful trip and I pray this is your miracle drug!

Judie

KathyH 08-11-2006 07:51 PM

Irene,

I am so happy for you! I am so glad you have been able to take this step. I look forward to hearing about the fantastic results and about your trip.

Love and prayers, Kathy H

Lolly 08-11-2006 09:02 PM

Irene, so very, very happy for you! I know your trip will be MUCH more enjoyable knowing you're not "naked" so to speak :) You are now an official TYKERB TRAILBLAZER, and leading the charge for all of us!

<3 Lolly

Jean 08-11-2006 10:33 PM

Dear Irene,

Postive energy being sent your way...and many prayers - Enjoy Italy....

Warmly,
Jean

lu ann 08-12-2006 12:11 AM

Hi Irene, It's great news that you have started your new treatment. I might be right behind you in the next few weeks. I had appt. today with onc. to get results of ct. scan. Things are still pretty much stable with 4 cycles of xeloda. I've been put on the list to receive tykerb along with xeloda. My case just has to go before a committee and then it's a go. I hope you have a marvelous trip. You deserve it. Love and Blessings, Lu Ann.

Sheila 08-12-2006 05:25 AM

Irene

You are our leader in this new venture...I am so glad everything is resolved with the Tykerb and you can concentrate on your trip....it sounds like an easy combo to take...let us know.

Val Pfeiffer 08-12-2006 08:31 PM

Irene--that is wonderful about your Tykerb! Please let us all know how it goes, and what side effects you experience. Many of us will be watching the progress of you and the others who are starting to use it. I am only one of many on this site you will probably want to be on it at some point.

Good luck :-)

IRENE FROM TAMPA 08-13-2006 06:49 AM

Appreciate your good wishes

I want to thank everyone for all of their good wishes and support. I love you all.
Let's all pray for some good results from this new drug for all of us.

Sandy H and Luann, its so good to hear that you are both so close now to joining the study. Good luck to you both and a speedy process.

I am actually going to spend the day today thinking and getting ready for this trip. YIPEEEEEEE

Take care.

Barbara H. 08-13-2006 08:33 AM

Irene,
It sounds as if you are doing well handling this combo so far. Now enjoy all the preparations for your trip and have lots of olive oil while you are there. My daughter went on her honeymoon to Italy two years ago. She said the fresh figs were delicious in September.
Best wishes,
Barbara H.

tousled1 08-13-2006 11:16 AM

Irene,

Congratulations on finally receiving the Tykerb. You are now the official explorer for this group. Please keep us informed as I'm sure many of us will be following down the same path. Enjoy your vacation!

chrisy 08-13-2006 11:27 AM

Woo-hoo! To finally have those little puppies in hand - what a relief! I'm joining you in the prayers that this drug will bring miracles for all of us, especially you and those so close now to starting. Have a wonderful trip.

RobinP 08-13-2006 01:29 PM

Praying the drugs work miracles for you. Go girl.

MCS 08-17-2006 09:17 PM

Irene,

I've been following your notes here about your ordeal to get approved.

I'm gald that you got it thru your perseverence.

God Bless, Have a good trip

XOXO

MCS ( maria)

Shell 08-18-2006 04:45 AM

Irene-

Welcome to the club. I get scanned net week, so keep your fingers crossed.

I am so glad you were able to get it before your trip - now go and have some gelato, espresso and pasta for all of us!

Take care,
Shell