HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   First test results Tykerb and Herceptin (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=24586)

kareneg 07-15-2006 08:28 PM

First test results Tykerb and Herceptin

I got the results from my first month of Tykerb and Herceptin, and it was positive. My catscan is stable and my tumor marker went down 3 points. Hopefully next month will be better. I am on a clincal trial at the Dana Farber Cancer Instatue. And I am hopeful that the Tykerb will keep my cancer under control as I started progressing on my last treatment. I just wanted to say thanks to all of you when I feel there is no hope I come here and Know there is hope! I will never give up and being apart of this group is the best support anyone can get. Thanks Again!

Chelee 07-15-2006 10:57 PM

Big Congratulations! That is fantastic to hear. One month and already good results. Just think what another month or more will do. :) I am so glad you got in this clinical trial.

Sending you warm & healing thoughts!

Chelee

VaMoonRise 07-16-2006 01:51 AM

Hi Karen,

That is wonderful news! I am so happy for you. I have been on the clinical trial of Taxol, Herceptin and Tykerb since December 23, 2005, I also receive Zometa once a month.

I have been having great results as well. I have extensive mets to the liver in both lobes and two spots on the spine. The two largest tumors in my liver have greatly reduced in size and some of the smallest of tumors in my liver are no longer evident and my bone mets are stable.

I am due for another CT scan on July 28.

What if any side effects have you been experiencing on Herceptin and Tykerb? The reason I ask is I believe that most of the side effects that I experience are caused from the Taxol and I am curious if any of the side effects you may be having are similar to my own.

It's nice to finally meet someone else on Herceptin and Tykerb. I am so excited for you. I am the first person in the world to have been put on this trial and I have been eagerly waiting for someone else to talk to that is also on the trial.

I can't wait to share notes with you.

Look forward to hearing from you again on your next post.

Big Hugs,
Nicola

RhondaH 07-16-2006 03:58 AM

AWESOME NEWS Karen AND Nicola

Keep it coming!!!! Take care and God bless.

Rhonda

Jean 07-16-2006 06:36 AM

Karen,

Great for you! LOVE YOUR NEWS! LOVE YOUR NEWS! LOVE YOUR NEWS!
Know what? LOVE YOUR NEWS........

Jean

newgg 07-16-2006 06:51 AM

Strong Women !

Karen and Nicola.....
Thank you for the torch that you carry for all of us !! Such GREAT news for both of you !! YEAH !! Knowing that there are more treatments available.....wonderful....knowing that they work......priceless !!!
Hugs, Bonnie

kareneg 07-16-2006 05:11 PM

Thanks

Thank you all for the support and well wishes. I wish the same for you all and you are all in my prayers.

Hi Nicola,

The only side effects I have are some fatigue not bad at all and occasionally diarrhea. And it occures after my weekly Herceptin treatment. I was on Taxol and Herceptin and started to progress so thats when my Oncologist had me go to Dana Farber and luckily I was accepted on the clinical trial. So for the most part this Tykerb and Herceptin is very very tolerable. Please let me know your results at your next catscan I am sending you positive thoughts.

VaMoonRise 07-16-2006 06:06 PM

Thank you all so much for your kind words and encouragement, you guys are the greatest. Your experiences and knowledge have been so helpful and inspiring. I can't tell you how much this site has helped me through this year. I truly love you all! I pray daily that one day all of us will be NED and that they will find a cure.

Karen,

Thanks so much for responding back. I am so thrilled to hear that you are doing so well and that the side effects are somewhat mild. It is good to know that if I am ever able to come off of the Taxol that things will be more tolerable. Please keep me posted on how you are doing and I will be sure to post the results of my next CT scan.

Big Hugs,
Nicola