HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   day three for madubois63 (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=24099)

madubois63 06-07-2006 11:36 AM

day three for madubois63

It's raining, so no nice view today. I had the Hickman port put in late yesterday afternoon. They decided my platelets were to low and had to give me another transfusion before they put me under. when I got back to the room, they gave me more blood and then started the chemo. Daunorubicin is in the Adriomycin family. It comes in a "Flintstones" syringe and it's red. There goes my freshly grown new hair - oooh well. There are worse things. Anyway, then I got the Cytarabine - it is a 24/7 drip. I'm a little queasy, but get Ativan and tons of other preventive med's. Had visitors and got my trusty computer, so it's not so bad yet. Thank you for all the prayers and well wishes. I think they are working. My very serious new doctor told me he got a PRELIMINARY report on the fluid in my lungs and at first glance they did not see any active BC. Also, when they removed the fluid, I heard someone ask "what color?" Someone else said CLEAR!!! God, I hope the report comes back the same. Keep praying for me! I feel the love and light and just can't thank you all enough!!!
..·´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
-:¦:-
((¸¸.·´ ¸.·´
-:¦:- -:¦:-
-:¦:-
((¸¸.Maryann -:¦:-´´

Susan2 06-07-2006 11:55 AM

We'll keep praying that the wonderful preliminary results are borne out. It's always great to get good news.

Best of everything,
Susan

StephN 06-07-2006 12:05 PM

You are still lucid!

After more drugs with tongue-twister names. These posts could be very valuable for someone else who might someday join in your diagnosis. If it is rainy, it will be cooler there hopefully. At least the air conditioning always works in hospitals!
It struck me that here is the great value of the new targeted therapies and vaccines - this terrible side effect will not be there.
Wishing you peace, rest and a calm tummy.

tammymarie1971 06-07-2006 12:28 PM

Still praying for you Maryann!!!!! Here's to clear fluid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chin up!!!You're doing it!!
Tammy

Cynthia 06-07-2006 01:02 PM

Maryann,

You are remarkable. Thank you for allowing all of us to be there with you.

We are all rooting hard for you.

Cynthia

Patty H 06-07-2006 01:13 PM

I check every day for your posting. Please continue as long as you are able. You don't know how many people you are encouraging. Patty H

Barbara H. 06-07-2006 01:40 PM

I ditto what Patty has to say. I am thinking of you everyday, Maryann. I am hoping for the best.
Barbara H.

Sherryg683 06-07-2006 01:44 PM

Hi Maryanne, I have been thinking and praying for you a lot lately. You are such a beautiful lady, I'm sure you won't even miss your hair...stay strong...sherryg683

karenann 06-07-2006 01:48 PM

Hi Maryanne,

I am praying and I know everybody else is, too. As a matter of fact...I bet you can feel all the love a prayers!!! I am very happy about the fluid from the lungs being clear and probably not from bc!.

Tons of love,

Karen

Les 06-07-2006 03:33 PM

God bless you Maryanne You are so strong. Thanks for keeping us informed I am praying for you. Leslie

Lolly 06-07-2006 05:19 PM

Maryanne, I'm really pulling for you, and and a big YEAH!!! that the lung fluid was clear :)
You are our hero.

<3 Lolly

Tom 06-07-2006 05:25 PM

Prayers and good thoughts

Dear Maryann,

Thank you for keeping us so well informed on your progress. The posts are so detailed, I feel like I'm in the room watching and can almost smell that wonderful "hospital bouquet"...lol.

We will continue to pray for you as you bulldoze your way through this latest test of wills with the Beast. After reading one of your earlier posts, I finally decided to check into bone marrow donation, but was rebuffed because of herniated discs in my vertabrae. Who knew? I am still seeking an explanation for that exemption.

Be Good,
Tom

madubois63 06-07-2006 06:06 PM

Thank you Tom for even looking in to donating. I am sorry about your herniated disc - not only for me, but mostly for you.

To everyone - your posts make me smile ... thank you!!!!

anne 06-07-2006 06:46 PM

Hi Maryann,
I am glad you are well enough to keep us posted. Continued strength. God never gives us more than we can handle.

Hugs to you,
Anne

kareneg 06-07-2006 06:51 PM

Maryann,
You are in my thoughts and prayer's too. Keep that positive attitude I believe it truely helps.

michele u 06-07-2006 07:33 PM

Thinking of you Maryanne, you are so brave.

sherri 06-07-2006 07:36 PM

Dear Mayann,

When I was at hospital for my surgery, a freind of mine with brain cancer told me she thinks about me the whole time and I should connect to her everytime I feel any pain or discomfort. I did this and I have to tell you that was the easiest surgery I had in my life, piece of cake. Everytime I was feeling a little pain, I connected my thoughts to her and the pain was gone in a second. I had a lot of energy, walking 4 hours after surgery and all the nurses were amazed and named me Superwoman!
Please do the same thing with our group and see if it works for you.
Lots of love and hugs,

Audrey 06-07-2006 07:39 PM

Maryann, thanks for keeping us posted on your progress--sending up prayers for you and for no active BC cells...Hang in there! (((((hugs)))))

lisahammo 06-07-2006 08:41 PM

How nice to know you have all this love being sent your way! Here's some more for you, too. My thoughts are with you. Hang tough.

Lots of love
Lisa

G. Ann 06-07-2006 10:04 PM

Hi Maryann,

I'd like to join all the others sending their prayers, good wishes, and love to you. As many have said, you are a remarkable woman and all of us have benefitted from your updates. In the past you have given hope to many others. You are a gift to this group and I hope you feel the support. Thank you for sharing with honesty, grace, and humor.
My thoughts and prayers are with you-G.Ann