HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   I talked to Janelle! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=22807)

Lisa 02-18-2006 10:57 AM

I talked to Janelle!

Friends,

I got through to Janelle just now. She is in the hospital and the doctors are saying it won't be long; she's tired of people asking. But she said she's not giving up yet. On the other hand, she said sometimes she's ready to go. She's waiting for a sign. Apparently the cancer is at least in her brain and liver. She's on no meds.He son and grandkids live down the street, so that's a comfort. She said she'd like to have letters or notes. I got a laugh or two out of her, so funny cards would be great.

Her address is: Memorial Healthcare
826 W. King St.
Owosso, MI 48867
Attn: Janelle Rivers
Room #560

The phone is 800-206-8706

Love and light to all and extra prayers to Janelle,

Lisa

al from Canada 02-18-2006 11:47 PM

Hi Lisa,

Can you please clarify: "it won't be long" meaning, it won't be long for what?
thanks, Al

anne 02-19-2006 02:24 PM

Lisa,
Kudos to you for doing all this investigating. I remember Janelle from when I first joined this site (sept. 04). Back then her liver mets had returned and she was v. upset. She did not post much after that except for the time Al did that roll call. I am so sorry to hear that she is so serious. I hope she doesn't give up. It nice to know that people really care about each other on this website.
Hugs,
Anne

Lisa 02-19-2006 06:35 PM

Al,

All I know about "not much time" is what Janelle said. Exactly that. I've heard from someone on another site that they're looking at maybe a couple of weeks for her to live. Janelle said on one hand, she's ready to give up, but on the other, she want a "sign" that it's time.

Love and light,

Lisa

RhondaH 02-20-2006 06:24 PM

Lisa, I copied this post from the Breastcancer Recurrence board

"Janelle and I had a great conversation yesterday, and for that I am really thankful. I got a call early this morning that she had a crisis overnight, and may be near death. Her family is with her, except for the grandkids, who are with close friends.

The good news is that she is comfortable, and surrounded by her family. I asked them to please play my music for her from time to time so that she'd know I was there too. I also gave them the number of another harpist I know in their area who will come and play for her free of charge. She's a therapeutic musician and knows just what to do in these kinds of situations.

Damn! I cannot believe it's this close, and it looks like I'll miss her. I'm going to be there in 3 days; it was the soonest I could go. As she would say, and has said, "Harper, it just wasn't meant to be." Tears... lotsa tears... "

Rhonda

StephN 02-20-2006 06:31 PM

Maybe no time to send a jovial card - but I do want anyone who speaks with Janelle or her family to let them know that so many of us do remember her and what she had to say on the message boards.

I, for one, really thought she had her head together and was going to get a little farther down the NED road. Guess the cancer had other ideas. Glad she has such a great support of love and family to see her off.

Lisa 02-20-2006 10:58 PM

I spoke with Janelle's sister-in-law this afternoon. She mentioned nothing about last night and said what the doctor had said. Maybe a week or so. But remember that Janelle did ASK for funny cards, so I'm hoping she gets mine quickly. She's never been one to complain. Rather to always ask how I'M doing. Such courage and attitude.

Love and light,

Lisa

RhondaH 02-21-2006 07:09 PM

Lisa, I'm sorry to share this with you, but I saw this...

on the Breast Cancer Recurrence board.

"Just wanted to let her friends here know that Janelle joined the angels today. She is no longer in pain and I'm sure she is in Heaven watching over us right now. "
Pam

Take care and God bless.

Rhonda