HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Arimidex side effect -- small vaginal discharge? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=22719)

CLTann 02-12-2006 09:32 PM

Arimidex side effect -- small vaginal discharge?

I have been on aridimex for about 3 months. I noted that there is some brownish discharge ever since I started on the medication. Is that normal? Is the topical estrogen a remedy for this? If so, I remember someone saying it is countraindicated for arimidex -- the topical cream will undo what arimidex is trying to do. This is annoying and I wish to have some inputs from others in the similar situation. Thanks.

Ann

Barbara2 02-13-2006 09:22 AM

I would wonder if the brownish look might be from a little blood coming from somewhere; sometimes like the start of a period. I would ask you doctor about it. He knows your pre-menopausal or menopausal stage etc. It could be a normal female thing. We are soooooooo complicated!!
Barb

CLTann 02-13-2006 10:58 AM

Thanks for Barbara2's response. I am 60 years old. The brown stain seems to come from Arimidex side-effect. I looked up the potential side effects of Arimidex, vaginal discharge affects about 6 to 8% of patients. I was just wondering whether the actual occurence is more common.

Ann

dskdrive 02-13-2006 01:21 PM

My oncologist said no to topical estrogen. I have been on Arimidex for almost a year. No vaginal discharge but I have dry eyes and stiff joints.

chrislmelb 02-13-2006 06:02 PM

I had quite a bit of that discharge but when i was on Tamoxifen. It was suggested that it was the lining slowly thining out or something(i've forgotten the exact explanation). To do with estrogen being withdrawn. Also i have had my ovaries out.
Since changing to Arimidex i have found it stopped.
Christine

Roz 02-16-2006 02:51 AM

Hi,

I have been on Arimidex and Herceptin last14 months. The first few months on Arimidex gave me a discharge as well. I had been on Tamoxifen before the recurrence and it also gave me a discharge initially. Good news is, it cleared up on both occasions after several months. Hang in there!

suzan w 02-16-2006 09:31 AM

I, too, have experienced an on-again-off-again brownish discharge since starting Arimidex. My onc. says it could be from vaginal dryness, causing miniscule cracks-thus bleeding. She said no to estrogen creams, arimidex used for blocking estrogen. I have tried a variety of lubes, jellies...nothing seems to really make a difference! I also experiences severe joint pain when I started arimidex, it does seem to be subsiding somewhat but still there.

sadie 02-24-2006 11:51 PM

I have had 2 days (about 1 week apart) of dark brown vaginal discharge.
I am post menapausal. Last period was 4 years ago.
It started after I had my 1st & 2nd dose of Herceptin/taxol combo.
I will ask my dr about it next week.
Sadie