HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Anybody have a FACEBOOK? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=34668)

KellyA 07-08-2008 08:02 PM

Anybody have a FACEBOOK?

Hey Guys,

Just wondering if anyone out there had a facebook.... I thought it might be a fun way to get to know each other a little better- to see family, friends, other interests, etc.

Anyone interested?

I am under Kelly Leonard Anderson

Love, Kelly

Mary Jo 07-09-2008 05:16 AM

Hi Kelly,

I just signed up:

Mary Jo Cyr is my name.

KellyA 07-09-2008 05:59 AM

Yea Mary Jo!! Hee Hee- I was so happy to see you on my "friends"! I don't know much about it either- my son is giving me tutoring lessons :-). It is easy to upload pics and all though- its just like here. I can't wait to see more about you and your family!!

Love, Kelly

PinkGirl 07-09-2008 07:30 AM

I'm on Facebook but all I do is play Scrabble. If anyone wants to have a game, let me know.

GemmaG 07-09-2008 07:51 AM

Yes, I do. Gemma Guintu is my name.

Believe51 07-09-2008 11:47 AM

Girls...a little help

I would like to do one if it is fairly safe. Any comments, I am very interested. And Yes PinkGirl, if I do.....we will be playing Scrabble!! I have not forgotten TipToes pictures and may just send you the prints for right now. I am limited to my computer at work for the most part. Have not even set up the home computer yet, so pics here have to wait a bit longer.....I even have a nice picture of me for all to see what this crazy woman looks like....and of course...The Mighty Oak! Talk soon Friends>>Believe51

Kimberly Lewis 07-09-2008 01:27 PM

nieces brought me on to facebook...

Hi Kelly and all, I have enjoyed facebook - its an extension of email in a way. Kimberly Kay Lewis - will take you to mine. Kelly, your boys are amazing! What a nice family you have.

juanita 07-09-2008 03:23 PM

I think mine is Juanita Sample. But I'll find y'all. Don't have a lot on it yet but working on it.

Pam P 07-09-2008 06:23 PM

I'm new to facebook - just learning about it all. Yes, I would like to connect with people there. My name is Pamela Paulson.

kcherub 07-09-2008 07:38 PM

Hey! I do! It's Krista Bridges Burruss...

For any stalkers out there--I own a taser gun as of next week. Not sure that it's legal, but... :)

Take care,

Paty 07-09-2008 08:39 PM

Hey! I am under the name Paty GarcÃ*a Gutiérrez. I have not posted any pictures but promise to do that some time soon.

tricia keegan 07-10-2008 10:46 AM

I haven't signed up for this but will check it out. When I was first diagnosed a bunch of the ladies on the Komen board told me about www.carepages.com so I set one up there with pics etc..you have to register to visit a page and put in the exact address. Mine is Survivortricia if anyone gets bored and would like to check it out.

atdec05 07-16-2008 06:04 PM

I have a facebook account under Anna Fang.
I have stepchildren, nieces, and nephews, so it's a fun way to connect. It's also great for picture sharing.

- Anna

atdec05 07-16-2008 06:31 PM

I tried searching for a few members, but ran into some multiple listings for people with the same name. Then I checked mine and found there were lots of Anna Fang facebook members.

I am Anna Fang with a current picture of me in a green/white jacket.

I have heard of Scrabble on Facebook. Wordgrid (boggle) is my addiction :-)

- Anna

janetellenlavin 07-18-2008 12:29 PM

i am on face book janet ellen lavin

Believe51 07-18-2008 12:34 PM

Question

How safe do you think this is compared to our site?? I know nothing is completely safe in the cyber world but would like your comments. I am really interested in this>>Believe51

atdec05 07-18-2008 03:00 PM

Hi Believe/Marie?

I think you can make your Facebook account pretty private - you just have to be aware of setting it when you set up your account. You can make it so people can search for you on Facebook if they know your email or name, or not allow people to search for you.

Even if you allow yourself to be searchable, people can not view your full profile until they send you a Friend request and you agree to it. And you can grant certain Friends certain privileges.

For example, my friend's daughter who is college age allows her mother to see only certain parts of her profile...doesn't want her mom to know everything she's up to!

- Anna

chicagoetc 07-18-2008 04:04 PM

Melanie Geyer...top one with the tree picture

KellyA 07-18-2008 04:37 PM

Hi there!!

I see facebook as very safe, if you use the privacy settings. You get to choose from the beginning who gets to see your profile and who does not. If you choose to have a private account, people have to be approved by you before they can view your profile.

Love, Kelly

murphyrose 07-18-2008 04:38 PM

Facebook address

Hi All....I haven't been posting much to this site but read it often. I have a facebook - Laura Clarke Murphy - and would love to add to my friends! My 17 year old needs to give me a lesson on how to use the site well! On an aside, I just had my one year anniversary yesterday. WOOHOO. There were days I never thought it would come! Hope everyone is having a good Friday - happy weekend!