HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Hi - again from Adriana (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=60584)

Adriana Mangus 03-23-2014 03:21 PM

Hi - again from Adriana

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your kind words and for reading my post.

I only receive three responses, but I can tell that more than 100 people read my post.

I want to inspire other women on this website, it's my hope- I have been on the wagon for such a long time and continue being healthy and able to enjoy life, family, friend, vacations and everything life has to offer. My inspiration when I first join this wonderful website were Christine of course! Sheila, Stephanie and Andi. As well as Elaine-- we always talk about Hawaii- where she used to live, and so many other sisters.

I will for always be grateful to everyone who has given me a phone call, advice, sent cards to my home, etc. This website saved my life, I've learned so much from everyone on this site and for that I will always be thankful.

Don't desist, never give up- life is so precious! at times you may feel defeated; it happens to all of us, but always keep positive. It's good for you, your heart and your family, too. They also will appreciate you if you don't complain, remember it's only so much they can do for you.

Be grateful for every single day.

With gratitude and love,

Adriana

JennyB 03-23-2014 05:39 PM

Re: Hi - again from Adriana

What lovely words and inspiration Adriana,

I am often guilty of reading posts and not responding - I think about what has been said and the people involved and sent up thoughts/prayers but rarely respond - I would think I am not alone in this practice.

I will try to respond more often!

I am currently involved in organising a walk in my local town for breast cancer research it is called Mothers Day Classic - an Aussie fun run/ walk - check it out. It is keeping me very busy!!

Good luck to you and congratulations on living the good life!

Jenny

BonnieR 03-23-2014 06:46 PM

I often read without responding too I just have nothing constructive to add to the conversation. Or it's already been said better by someone else!
I do try to always say a word or two to newcomers who are so desperate to make contact. But I need to remember that ALL -timers need support!
Keep the faith

Bunty 03-23-2014 07:01 PM

Thanks Adriana for your very welcome post - you have helped me a great deal with the words and wisdom that you shared.

All of you help in so many ways, and inspire beyond words can sometimes describe.

Thanks to the creators of this board, and to all who are a part of this wonderful community.

Marie x

Jackie07 03-24-2014 12:11 AM

Thanks, Adriana.

I had a chuckle when I read “They also will appreciate you if you don't complain, remember it's only so much they can do for you.”

That is so true!

Come to this Board if you feel like to get something off your chest ... We are listening ... We understand ...

Aussie Girl 03-24-2014 02:49 AM

Dear Adriana,

Thanks for your encouraging words. It is good to see someone who has survived so long with the dreadful disease and is still positive.

I'm trying to be positive today, despite the fact, someone backed into my car this morning. It is only a minor thing compared to a cancer diagnosis!

Aussie Girl

sarah 03-24-2014 05:18 AM

Wow, Adriana that is so beautiful and meaningful. thanks for putting those wonderful and important thoughts into a post,
hugs and love
sarah

Lisalou 03-24-2014 07:41 AM

Hi Adriana
You have had quite a journey and are an inspiration. Keep on going! Thanks for sharing. This website has become an incredible source of support for me also since dx, even if just reading and not responding. Sending healing energy and warm thoughts (still very cold here :) ) out to all of us.
Lisa

Ceesun 03-24-2014 10:52 AM

Addie, Always in your corner...near or far....you and I are long time members of the sisterhood of the stubborn lung! Think of you often! Love you, Cathy "Ceesun"

RobinP 03-28-2014 04:29 PM

Adriana, you're a breathe of spring air, thanks.