HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   update I hate to give (with a little more positive spin) (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57731)

ammebarb 04-06-2013 11:24 AM

Re: update I hate to give (with a little more positive spin)

Thinking of you Chrisy......

Andrea Barnett Budin 04-06-2013 11:51 AM

update I hate to give (with a little more positive spin)

Don't write the ending...

Wow Flori, I am writing that one down and posted it around my house.

Chris, gotta say, acute has new meaning for me. Hope it does for you too.

Take the love, lots of supplements (to de-toxify and boost your much beleaguered immune system, fight off free radicals, blah, blah, de blah...) and the erube.

I will add intense prayers in your name, my love as always and healing energy -- to help you reboot your liver.

Talk to it. In Eat Pray Love the medicine man talked about being happy in your liver.

Tell your liver to get it together. It hears everything you think, say or whisper. And -- it knows exactly what to do, even if you can't be specific! Honest!!

This is my positive spin coming at you from Boca...

Big, long, tight hug,

Andi

Mary Jo 04-06-2013 07:30 PM

I've known you since I joined in 2005, too. Couldn't let this post go bye without me saying......I'm sorry for all you've been struggling with. It's hard when we see our loved ones hurting. That's the worst part I think. Only God knows when the "ding" will be "dung!" And you are right, "it will all make sense from the "other side," HOWEVER, only He knows when it's time for you to meet Him their....until that time.....prayers for you, my friend. He's got this....He's working in your life.....may His peace be what brings you joy as you journey on. Love to you my sweet "sister!"

Mary Jo

Gerri 04-06-2013 09:38 PM

Oh Chris, this is not the news I wanted to hear.

Like Mary Jo, I joined the board many years ago and always looked forward to reading your posts. Throughout the years, you have graced us with your wit, wisdom and warmth. You are one of the HER2 elite who will leave your imprint forever in the hearts of all who were so fortunate to have you touch our lives. I remember back to the silly fun we had with PinkGirl, Shelia, Brenda, Bill, Lee, and many others. I found an old thread last night (the one with "spray cheese") and read through it - it had me laughing all over again.

I am sending you much love and my most fervent prayers that this new treatment will keep you on the right side of the grass where you belong.

Thank you Chris. I am filled with love and graditude for all you have given us.

Mandamoo 04-07-2013 01:20 AM

Chrisy I don't know what to say. You are a beacon of hope for so many of us. I hate that you are going through this right now. I am in awe of your fearlessness.
You are loved by so many even way down here.
Be well.
A x

BonnieR 04-07-2013 10:19 AM

Well, crap on a crapstick! Which I learned to say right here and find myself saying way too often. Might have heard it from you. Anyway, I go away for a few days and come back to this miserable turn of events. But, as always, you express yourself with such grace and insight and hope. Lets stifle the fat singing lady. And, you know, we probably should all have our papers in order anyway in the event we get hit by the proverbial bus.
I don't know what else to say except I love you and to keep the faith, no matter what

Barbara H. 04-07-2013 11:28 AM

Hi Chris,
I have been checking in everyday to hear how you were doing, and like others have said so eloquently, this is also not the news that I wanted to hear. You have been such a kind and sincere caring role model in handling what life with this disease has dealt you, as well as the encouragement that you have provided others on this site. I sincerely feel for you and what you are facing, and admire your tenacity to try another difficult treatment.

I know that you have already had Tykerb, but you did not have it with Herceptin. That is the combination that worked for me after I had to go off TDM-1 due to lung inflammation. Perhaps since we both had a long run with TDM-1, our cancers may have some similarities. There may be minimal possibility that the combination would work well enough for enough weeks to allow you to allow you to apply for another trial. As you know, Tykerb also adds the additional protection to the brain.

By offering this suggestion, I am by no means negating the precarious and current situation in your life. My heart goes out to both you and to your family. I will never forget you and your wisdom and your concern for me and the others on this site.

You will continue to be in my thoughts.
Kind regards,
Barbara H.

Sdgirl 04-07-2013 11:44 AM

I just wanted to add my hugs. I really hope Halaven works for you. I am thinking of you and your family.

suzan w 04-07-2013 01:31 PM

How are you doing today? Thinking of you with love...birthday twin July 11...you 'n me

CoolBreeze 04-07-2013 02:01 PM

FWIW: I was on eribulin and it was an easy chemo. Easy given that I was not in liver failure, of course. I hope that gives you some comfort: that even if it doesn't work, it shouldn't cause horrible side effects. The only one I really had was sleeping a lot and if you are having liver problems you are probably doing that anyway.

How about staying on top of the grass for a bit. It's warm and sunny and it tickles.

ElaineM 04-07-2013 04:33 PM

I am sad after reading your news. I hope the new drug helps you to keep putting one foot in front of the other for a long time.
I am keeping my fingers crossed for you and I will remember you in my prayers.
Hugs to you and those you love

Laurel 04-07-2013 07:26 PM

Chris,

I have been worrying and holding my breath like Steph. You know I love and admire you so much. You have blessed me and touched us all here on Her2Support. So listen, Kiddo, you go ahead and get those papers in order and tidy up any loose ends, but I am not placing you down for the count just yet. Still praying and believing!

sassy 04-07-2013 08:18 PM

Chrisy,

So not what I hoped to find after being away a couple of days.

Just praying, praying, praying.

I have faith and I have faith in you.

mamacze 04-07-2013 09:15 PM

Dear Sweet Angel,
I am so touched by your difficult, honest, salty, and brave words. Thank you for not "sparing us". You are at the door step that we are all walking toward. You are speaking the words that we all have felt or will eventually feel in our hearts. It is hard to face this doorway. It is harder to say goodbye to the ones we love and who love us. I can only hope for a reunion someday. I dream about having the rowdiest, glass clinking, girl talking, girls-night-out every time a Her2 girl passes through that door.
I pray that you stay with your family - and selfishly with us- for a longer time. I pray that you feel good and feel peace while you are with us.
But honey, when you do pass through that door; you kick up your heels, you fly and you can bet that when it is our turn to follow you through, we will be stomping our feet and calling out your name. You are not alone on this side and if we can help it; you will NOT be alone on the other. God speed to you; beautiful soul..... You are such a beautiful soul. How much love you have nurtured here and just see how it ripples forward.
Love and hugs and hope and prayers holding you and holding you,
Kim (from CT)

Mtngrl 04-08-2013 08:27 AM

What Kim (Mamacze) said.

You'll always be a part of us. We will always be together.

yanyan 04-08-2013 04:05 PM

Thinking of you and praying for you Chrisy...

Becky 04-08-2013 04:51 PM

Aw Chrisy. I am late to the response on this one. Sometimes there are no words to say. You paved the way for many who come after you with all the trials you bravely participated in. I do not believe there still is not an answer for you. But you have my love and thoughts and prayers.

JillaryJill 04-08-2013 07:52 PM

thinking of you and praying for you Chrisy. Please be assured you have lots of love, prayers and support from all of us.

Bill 04-09-2013 04:13 AM

I'm really sorry to hear this latest news. You hang in there, Young Lady. You're always in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you're having a good day. You have helped us all through so much. Love you, Bill

Ruth 04-09-2013 05:16 AM

Chrisy,Thank you for letting everyone know with your honest and thoughtful words. You always made me smile with your wit and loving personality. I come back and visit this website to check on you and some other loving caring women that I first "met" so long ago. You are truly so very special and have helped hundreds of people to have hope, knowledge and laughter in some dark days. I hope more than anything that you don't suffer from pain and can spend loving time with your family. We all are headed to that other side and I sure hope I get to meet you there. I pray your liver can heal itself to give you some more time. We all love you very much.
Ruth