HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Anyone Doing Traveling For T-DM1 In Fairfax? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49736)

KDR 04-25-2011 07:53 PM

Anyone Doing Traveling For T-DM1 In Fairfax?

If so, I'd like your input on the facility and doctors there. It is the closest open access site to me (NYC). Otherwise it's a toss of the dice with trials (will I, won't I get it).
Thanks
Karen

michka 04-25-2011 11:59 PM

Re: Anyone Doing Traveling For T-DM1 In Fairfax?

Hi Karen
I understand very well that you are also investigating T-DM1. You are right to look at every option and we know that TDM1 worked well on liver mets for some ladies here. I hope you will have positive answers about Fairfax.
Then you can choose your treatment. I just hope it will go fast getting the information. It drove me crazy running after doctors and doing paperwork.
I am keeping you in my thoughts. Hugs. Michka

KDR 04-26-2011 05:36 AM

Thanks, Michka. You are always so considerate and loving. I'm wishing YOU a very smooth recovery, too.
Love
Karen

Lori R 04-26-2011 06:39 AM

Dear Karen,
So sorry to hear about the mets to your liver. I fully appreciate the challenge of figuring out the next steps.

As you can see via my treatment history, I tried cryotherapy + chemo which bought me time but didn't fully resolve the issue. Recently tried liver resection and I am keeping my fingers crossed that this works. The resection while very doable, was major surgery and not a procedure to be taken lightly.

So.....I am keeping my fingers crossed that you can gain access to TDM-1 and achieve the same results as Chrisy!!! It would be such a major coup for everyone on the site.

Wishing you strength (and sanity) as you weave your way through all of the administrative tasks required to gain access.

Hugs.....Lori

DEBBIE S 04-27-2011 12:38 PM

Hi... I have not posted anything in a very long time but still try to visit the site. I did start T-DM1 trial in Fairfax as my Dr is a part of that group. I had amazing results after the first treatment. I started this trial because the last 3 regiments did not work and the one I did before starting the trial did work some but you can only do 6 treatment.. A/C Hercp. When I got my first Pet back in Dec 2010 it was NED... I have not been NED in years. This go around I had over 40 nodules in both lungs and a Pec area mass that had been growing off and on since 2007 .. The pec area literally melted away almost entirely after one treatment and by the 2nd treatment it was entirely gone... So for those thinking about or trying to get on the trial I would recommend it. I still suffer with sides effects as I have been stage 4 since I was diagnosed in OCT 04; This site is a real inspiration to me and will continue to be. I have no pc at home so I can only go online at work ...

Take care,

Debbie S

Ellie F 04-27-2011 12:47 PM

Debbie
brilliant news. Thanks for letting us know this good info about T-DM1

Ellie

Mary L 04-27-2011 01:25 PM

Debbie, you really have been through alot and you are still fighting this dreadful disease. What an inspiration you are. I hope that T-DM1 does the trick and you will be ned. Mary L