HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Scanarama update (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=36955)

chrisy 12-05-2008 02:30 PM

Scanarama update

Hi,

I'm just now recovering from my "scanarama" day Monday. I left the house at 5:30 am and got home at 7:30 pm. The story is even longer than the day, so I won't bore you with it now...suffice it to say, it was a day filled with blessings and cursings and I was REALLY hungry by the time I got home after only eating a granola bar all day! Good thing I wasn't cranky but I definitely needed nurturing...

And the results are in...

ECHO showed a drop in EF, still well in normal range BUT my onc nurse and I both think it is a bogus read, and it is probably not really changed from last time.

PET/CT was great, still "less clearly seen" on the CT and "not metabolically active compared to surrounding tissue" on the PET!

So, renewed license to breathe...and continue with the DM1 trial! I'll be listening at SA for the update!

Believe51 12-05-2008 02:50 PM

Chrisy

Chrisy, I have the chills after reading the update. Great Petscan Girl!! Looks like those cancer cells are getting to be afraid of you!! What a wonderful way for me to carry myself over the weekend. Blessings Lovey. Breathe deep.

Enjoy the conference and update us when you return. Of course it kept me busy and quiet last year reading the happenings in the breast cancer world. Do not fear, Mighty Oak didn't complain..LOL!

I am so happy for you and your continued success on this trial. You too are paving our way to the future!! Lots of love.

Travel safe and return to us in one piece!>>Believe51

Bill 12-05-2008 03:23 PM

Awesome news, Chris! Thanks for sharing and you keep up the good work, young Lady! Love ya, Bill

Mary Anne in TX 12-05-2008 03:27 PM

This is great news, Chris! But I'm still concerned about the granola bar only day!!!! You totally deserve a treat! What will it be? ma

Chelee 12-05-2008 04:01 PM

Chrisy, That is wonderful news! After 14 LONG hrs and a granola bar it BETTER be good news. :) Sounds like this trial is kicking some butt. (Oops, am I allowed to say that on here?) lol

After all you've been through lately, I hope you get a chance to relax a bit now that you have the scans and results out of the way. How exhausting all of that had to be mentally and emotionally. Take some time for yourself and do something fun...you've earned it and then some! (Your one tough cookie.)

Chelee

Becky 12-05-2008 04:35 PM

Super news. Hope you munched out on lots of great stuff.

Faith in Him 12-05-2008 04:42 PM

Great news on your scans. Now you can sit back, relax, and enjoy all the food you want.

Carolyns 12-05-2008 05:42 PM

Chrisy,

Oh that is terrific news!!!! What a long day you had. I am so happy to hear the results!

Carolyn

Mary Jo 12-05-2008 06:12 PM

Oh Chrisy.....That is SUPER DUPER happy news. I'm so happy for you friend..........

Sending my love and thanking God for your good news.

Hugs,

MaryJo

Joan M 12-05-2008 08:47 PM

Chrisy,

Wonderful news about your scans. The trial seems like it's really working for you.

Joan

jones7676 12-05-2008 08:55 PM

Wonderful to hear your positive results!

Julie2 12-05-2008 10:38 PM

Chrisy,

I am so happy to hear your good news.

Julie

StephN 12-05-2008 11:45 PM

WOW!
Looks like NED is waiting in the wings.
Maybe dressed as Santa??

Sheila 12-06-2008 06:40 AM

Chrisy
I believe that gives us plenty of reasons to celebrate in S.A. ...as if we needed one!
Great news on the scans.....that is the best gift to get!

tricia keegan 12-06-2008 06:58 AM

Glad to hear the good news Chrisy!

Lori R 12-06-2008 09:51 AM

Chrisy,
Fantastic News!!! And just in time for Christmas.....Just think, that liver met will be wrapped in a box, tied with a big bow and then set out to the curb with the rest of the used holiday gift wrap.

Maybe you could envision the liver met being driven away but the trash truck?

NED will be standing on your doorstep (as Stephn says) dressed like Santa...waving goodby.

I can't believe after such a crazy day you still found the time to post. Thank you, as you can imagine I am sitting on the sidelines cheering you on!!

Love, Lori

ElaineM 12-06-2008 03:10 PM

Scanarama update

Wow !! It sounds like you are really going to have something wonderful to celebration this holiday season !! I hope so !!

Joy 12-08-2008 11:07 AM

so very happy to hear

Hi Chrisy, I am elated for your news! I hope you are too. And I hope you are caught up on breathing and caloric intake-the seem pretty necessary. Thank you also for your wonderful words and I would love to teleport to Monterey (one of my favorite places ever) and walk and cry and be weird and silly with you. I would love to celebrate your good news in person, but know that my heart is filled with so much happiness and relief for you as you deserve so many great things!

Soccermom 12-08-2008 08:21 PM

Chrisy,

Many congratulations for the good report..now breathe...breathe...breathe

big hugs,Marcia

runtolive 12-09-2008 12:16 PM

congrats.. chrissy.. " less clearly seen"" .. did u get to see the scans.. what do your eyes tell you...
your verbage kinda gives off a vibe that you are not 100% sure..