HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Christine has passed away (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58215)

karen z 05-27-2013 06:50 AM

Re: Christine has passed away

Dear Danielle and Debra,
Your mom was a one of a kind individual who I shall miss very much (as I do your dad). I cherish memories I have of Christine (most of these occurred with your dad nearby) as well as talks we had and events we shared. Your mom was intelligent, very funny and compassionate. My heart goes out to you at this time. The legacy your parents left, not only in terms of this site, but of two wonderful, caring and talented daughters will never be forgotten and always inspire us to try and do what we can to help others through their suffering and pain.
Love,
K

lkc Gumby 05-27-2013 10:26 AM

Dear Danielle and Debra,
I am so sorry for the loss if your dear mother. I have always marveled at her great strength and dedication to all Her2 sisters.
Your mom and dad were a huge testimony of strength, courage and boundless love. I feel certain that they are together in God's grace and proud of their daughters and legacy of their work.
God Bless you both

BonnieR 05-27-2013 10:32 AM

There is no higher purpose than to make a difference in this world. And both of your parents did exactly that. They touched countless lives and it will continue to be payed forward.
It's comforting to think of them united again!
Keep the faith

3twins 05-27-2013 11:32 AM

Danielle & Debra,
I am so sorry for your loss. Your mom and dad have left such an incredible legacy of love and compassion. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
3twins

norkdo 05-27-2013 03:34 PM

omg.
Danielle, there are no words right now.
So sorry.
I'm in shock.
You're amazing.

Catherine 05-28-2013 09:45 AM

Dear Danielle and Debra,

I am so sorry for the loss of your dear mother. May you find strength knowing your parents are now together. May you find strength from experiencing their great love for you and their fellow man. The legacy they created was a support line to me and I will always appreciate them and remember them for what they gave us all. I am sure they appreciated all the love and support that you gave them over the years. And they were probably very proud of the fine people you are.
Hang on to each to other and know that we are still a part of your extended family. Thanks for all your family has done for the Her2 family.

Hugs and Love, Catherine

Andrea Barnett Budin 05-28-2013 11:41 AM

Dearest Danielle and Debra,

First I must thank you for the beautiful and extraordinarily eloquent post to us, even as you are grieving. I suppose we are all the keepers of the flame. Most especially the two of you!

I am deeply saddened that Christine has passed on, but I also know she still is. Death is surely not the end of our story. And that brings me some solace.

What would we all have done without this amazing site that was dreamed of and created with immense love and caring. No easy accomplishment indeed!

I had the good fortune of speaking with Joe at length many times years ago. What a fellow! He oversaw this site as the Webmaster meticulously and daily. Like the captain of a ship, he was all hands on. What a comfort that was to me.

I also spoke with your Mom and enjoyed our conversation all these many years later. We discussed amino acids and supplements and really got into it! Such a remarkable lady, so full of knowledge and wisdom, Christine was clearly in touch with her body, as we talked in depth about her experience and mine. She was a woman of great grace and courage! Proud to have known her!

The special mix of women who have gravitated to this incredible site -- because of Christine and Joe -- offer unique skills, a wealth of information and an uncommonly giving, sharing Spirit. We are Family. Sisters, and Brothers. Your parents have enriched the lives of so many (many more than those who post, many more than you can possibly imagine). They were gifts to us all. They have blessed immeasurable lives!

"NEVER BELIEVE THAT A FEW CARING PEOPLE CAN'T CHANGE THE WORLD. FOR INDEED, IT'S THE ONLY THING THAT EVER HAS." Margaret Mead.

What magnificent Souls your parents are, Dani and Deb! And still are! They are in another Realm, and they will no doubt continue to watch over us. I feel honored to have known them. I'm but one of the many recipients of their good works. Their involvement had no end, from San Antonio to wherever they felt they could contribute across the country...

Please accept my heartfelt condolences at this time. No doubt each of you reflect all they had to offer this world. I know how very much they loved you.

May I add my love at this difficult time, along with heartfelt hugs,

Andi

DonnaD 05-28-2013 01:02 PM

Danielle and Debra,
Words are hard to come by right now. I do not check in on the site as much as I should. But the last few days something was drawing me here. I am so sorry to hear of your Mom's passing.

I had the privilege of meeting and working with your parents several times at ASCO and San Antonio. They were amazing people. They have touched so many lives because of their dream of helping Her2+ breast cancer survivors. I will always remember the love they shared. I rejoice in the fact your Dad was waiting for your Mom along with so many others like my dear friend Sheila, Chris, Mary Ann, Brenda and so many others.

My heart is so heavy. Please know you are both in my thoughts and prayers. Their legacy will continue now through us.
Donna

Ceesun 05-28-2013 04:58 PM

Danielle and Deb, Thank you for sharing your parents with us all these years. I am sure it wasn't always the easy thing to do, but as you can tell we all needed them, admired them, and loved them. For me, although I never had the chance to meet them, they were role models. Reading their posts, hearing Christine's story, was a true education...always gave me the feeling to push on, go forward, make the best of what I could, and gain a bit of power thru knowledge. Do take good care of yourselves and again, thank you for allowing them to take care of us. "Ceesun" Cathy

KsGal 05-28-2013 08:09 PM

I am so, so sorry for your loss. As everyone has said, your parents made a HUGE difference in our little corner of the world, and this website is an amazing gift that they shared with us all. There are no words to describe how grateful I am for this website, and for your parents who helped lift me up when I was down and inspired me, and many others, to keep on going. Prayers for peace and comfort during this most difficult time.
Jody from Kansas

roz123 05-29-2013 01:27 PM

my deepest condolences to your family for your loss

this site has been such a comfort and source of information for all of us - I am fairly new but when I look at the diagnosis dates for some of the members and how long they have stuck around it shows how truly special all the members are and how your parents brought together all these strong women from all over the world - what a legacy

rest in peace Christine

jacqueline1102 05-29-2013 06:01 PM

I am so very sorry to hear this about your mother. I did not have the opportunity to meet your parents. From what I have read, you truly were blessed to have such an amazing mother (and father). My thoughts are with you and all of your family.

Take good care,

Jackie

Gerri 05-30-2013 08:40 AM

Adding my thankfulness for this site that your wonderful parents saw a need for and took action to make it happen. The lives they touched are countless and far reaching. My deepest sympathies to your family in this time of great loss.

With love and graditude,

jml 05-30-2013 09:25 AM

"A Luminous light remains where a Beautiful Soul has passed." Antoine Boveau

Danielle & Debra~

I'm so sorry for the loss of your wonderful Mom. I never had the pleasure of meeting her, or your dad, but felt like I was able to know them more intimately through you.

I found you all and this Her2 Family 6 months after I was diagnosed - that was 11 years ago. And you all have been my lifeline, support, guidance and on many occaissions my laughline too. I can not speculate what this journey would have been like without all of you lighting the way.
Your family and the legacy of this site has made a profound impact on my life & the lives of so many, not just those of us fighting this disease, but on an even broader scale those out there from family members to Big Pharma that fight along side of us to bring this disease to an absolute halt.

Sending you my prayers and may your hearts heal quickly, finding peace in knowing your parents are together again, surrounded & welcomed by our sisters who've gone before us.

Much love,

Jessica

Cat 05-30-2013 03:52 PM

I did not know your Mom and Dad but I am very grateful to them for this site and the things I have learned, laughed at, been saddend by and been joyous about. I hope you are at peace and sending you prayers.
Cathy

Mtngrl 05-31-2013 04:52 AM

Dear Danielle and Debra,

I'm so sorry for your loss. You have my deepest sympathy.

I never met your parents, but they must have been wonderful, because they created and sustained this site. People here meet others who know what they're going through. They make friends. They realize they are not alone, and that they are part of a community. I shall always be grateful to your family for this wonderful labor of love.

Everyone dies, but not everyone leaves behind a marvelous work like this community. It touches people all over the world, and it offers hope, encouragement, priceless information and advice, and the strength to carry on.

It is a priceless gift.

sarah 05-31-2013 05:47 AM

Dearest Danielle and Debra,
I am so very sorry to hear this news.
Joe and Christine created a wonderful community of caring friends that have made this journey so much easier and I cannot imagine going through it without my HER2 family.
Joe's death was devastating and now Christine, it is so very sad.
My heart goes out to you and your family. Your parents are exceptional people who will always be remembered with great affection. Not many people can say that they not only changed the world but made it better but you can say that about your parents.
Of course we will donate to the site as is their wish and I hope that you and others will continue with it. Certainly it is an important part of our lives and has helped us all so much.
Hugs and love
Sarah

Patb 05-31-2013 04:28 PM

So very sorry for your loss. I was lost when I was
diagnosed with Her2 and then found when Christine
and your father had this wonderful group with all
this knowledge and such great women and men.
God bless them and I will keep them in my heart.
patb

Bill 05-31-2013 06:44 PM

Please accept my condolences. I'm so sorry for your loss. As you already know, you were blessed with two wonderful parents. I never had the pleasure to meet them in person, but your Dad and I would swap PMs from time to time. My heart goes out to you.

lexigirl 06-04-2013 08:23 PM

Please accept my sincere condolences. Prayers for peace and comfort during this difficult time.

Thank you Christine for all you have given.

Hugs and Prayers,
Lexi