HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Redwolf, Penny has joined the Angels. (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=64112)

lkc Gumby 11-14-2015 02:07 PM

Redwolf, Penny has joined the Angels.

I have just learned from another BC site that dear Penny, Redwolf 8812 has passed away. She died on June 9, 2015.

I happen to visit the commemorating angels board and found her name. I am so sorry to have to write this.

I found her obit in the Atlantic City Press, Penny Saxton Knowles.
Rest in the loving arm of sweet JESUS, Penny. Praying for her and her family.

suzan w 11-14-2015 03:31 PM

Re: Redwolf, Penny has joined the Angels.

oh dear...sad news indeed...

tricia keegan 11-15-2015 06:54 AM

So sad to read this, may she RIP with the Angels and thanks for telling us Linda.:(

Andrea Barnett Budin 11-15-2015 11:49 AM

Thank you for letting us know. I am deeply saddened to learn this. Rest in peace sweet Penny. My prayers go out to you and your family. (Karen will be so upset to learn this.) She worried often about you, Penny.

Laurel 11-16-2015 07:12 PM

Oh no! This is terrible news! Thank you for letting us know, Linda. I am so saddened to learn of her passing. Rest in the arms of God, dear Penny.

Dakini52 11-16-2015 07:48 PM

This is so sad. I will miss reading Penny's posts. Rest in Peace Redwolf.

Pat94 11-16-2015 08:14 PM

I would like to find a vaccine program as well. If you find one enrolling folks please give a shout. For those of you who were in earlier vaccine trials, have you heard/seen any published results?

Pamelamary 11-16-2015 11:13 PM

So sad to hear about Penny's death - she was such a presence here. Condolences to her family and friends..... Pam

jra40 11-17-2015 12:39 PM

So very sad, she had the most amazing faith. Fly with our beautiful angels Penny!

Pray 11-23-2015 11:10 PM

I'm simply grief stricken! How incredibly sad. Another wonderful woman is just gone. I originally checked in to post my 5 year bone scan was clear and I see this awful news. There is know doubt Perpetual light is shinning upon Penny. Many prayers for her family and friends.

Mtngrl 12-05-2015 09:04 PM

I loved Penny too, and this is sad. But I didn't think it was "news." How did I know, though? And when was that?

After wracking my brain to no avail, I finally searched "Penny" and found a thread saying she was in hospice, and this one that Karen started saying Penny had died. http://www.her2support.org/vbulletin...ighlight=Penny

I visited her at HUP while she was getting treatment. She told me she had never really responded to Herceptin, so that, for her, it was as if she was triple negative. We've had other group members who were in the same boat, unfortunately. I always thank my lucky stars that I do benefit from Herceptin, even though I seem to need it with at least one other drug.

Andrea Barnett Budin 12-06-2015 11:16 AM

Amy, That is a strange finding. Have to ponder it. It throws me.

I too am ever grateful for my body's receptivity to Herceptin. Though I could only handle 9 mnths of Taxotere (pleural effusion and peri-cardial effusion, barely able to breathe, walk or talk above a whisper), I was blessed to continue on for 10 yrs w/Vit H.

Yes, plus major assortment of supplements, meditation, guided imagery, positive mantras, self talk, mindbody connection.............

FYI -- I've been off H since July of '08. Still here. Humbly and genuinely thankful with each new day.

So very sorry Penny didn't make it. I know how powerful her faith was. I know she did her best and then some. Wonder when exactly it happened given your information, Amy.

Thanks for sharing. Sharing is caring. I believe that wholeheartedly.

Mtngrl 12-06-2015 07:15 PM

The beginning of this thread says June 9, 2015. Karen's post on June 10 says the same thing.

It's a big, busy board, and we don't all visit every day. It's a testament to our dear Penny that this news touched us so deeply both times it was shared.

RIP, sister Penny. You believed you were in God's hands, and so you were. And you ministered to all of us in the way you lived your life.

Amy

Andrea Barnett Budin 12-07-2015 11:51 AM

I know there is a test to see if you are Herceptin resistent. I have a friend who went through this. And her regimen was altered accordingly.

It's always important to share info, right up until the end. Penny was letting others know that for her it was as if she was triple negative.

My friend, many yrs later, is doing well. I wish Penny's doc could have found ways to deal with her situation better.

I do believe in 2nd and 3rd opinions always.

All brilliant. All well-meaning. Each has a little something to add to your information...

Blessings,
Andi