HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   New Met in Lymph gland in neck (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50620)

Dianedack 06-30-2011 07:17 PM

New Met in Lymph gland in neck

Just found out I have another met in my Lymph gland in my neck has anyone had this and had it removed? I am about to start treatment with Naveline & Herceptin and Oncologist says leave it and it will be a good indicator of how the treatment is working. I am just devastated about further progression, just wanted to hear of anyone who had a similar met and was able to shrink it with treatment.

Many thanks

Diane

candlegranny 06-30-2011 08:08 PM

Re: New Met in Lymph gland in neck

I had 2 lymph nodes in my neck that lit up on PET scan after my surgery.I was devastated but the chemo destroyed them. not sure if it is the same you have but it was a node with cancer and now it is gone.

Lien 07-01-2011 06:28 AM

Oh, Rats, Diane! These setbacks are so scary! May the new combo destroy the met. I think your onc has a point: if it responds to treatment, other mets probably will too. It's an easily accessible location to check effectiveness of tx.

Hugs

Jacqueline

krisvell 07-01-2011 10:25 AM

Diane,
Wishing the new chemo with knock the mets out of the park. Candlegranny had good results and got to NED and so will you.
Hugs and Prayers,

Kris...

tricia keegan 07-01-2011 01:55 PM

Diane, hoping your chemo will take of this asap!!!!

Pam P 07-01-2011 02:30 PM

Diane - Navelbine hopefully will take care of the node and be tolerable treatment for you. I did quite well on it. Sheila had/has node/s in her neck and I remember her writing how the shrinkage of the node was so dramatic when treated with chemo. I hope she chimes in with a reply. Pam

Sheila 07-01-2011 03:39 PM

Diane
I have had neck node problems since 2003....various chemos....each only lasts for awhile. Back then I had a biopsy and nodes were removed, and they are back...and seem to multiply...there was alot of disagreement about the removal, as it is easy to judge treatment working by visual inspection of the neck nodes. Halaven (Eribulen Mesylate) is new, and melted them away almost instantly....but that was 7 months ago and they are back growing again. I too was on Navelbine, but it was short lived. Everyone responds differently...just seems like neck nodes are stubborn. My friend wanted to try radiation....but in order to have the rads, she had to go off other treatment. Seems it stifled the neck nodes and the cancer grew elsewhere....it is such a crapshoot. I just had scans, so will know the new plan of attack next week....hoping the navelbine will be your magic bullet....stay strong.

Joan M 07-13-2011 04:58 PM

Diane,

Praying that the new treatment knocks the neck node down.

Joan

Elizabethtx 07-14-2011 06:41 AM

Common sense to me says leave the nodes in order to have a visual check on the chemo. Removing them doesn't get rid of the cancer...just sends it shooting down the line to a more faraway node location. Remember they are easily accessible and can be removed at any time! No matter, prayers for a quick and complete response are headed your way!
Elizabeth

Dianedack 07-14-2011 10:45 PM

Thanks everyone. I feel better now but I hate being on chemo. Its so great having your support. What would I do without you all!

Diane
x

Mary Jo 07-28-2011 06:14 PM

Such a great group here, huh Diane? I'm happy for you too, that you have them for you. I, like the rest here, pray the best for you.

Hugs...............

mmoons 07-28-2011 06:29 PM

Diane-

Praying for the PERFECT combo to obliterate the nodes ... and praying for peace for you in the meantime. This is scary stuff (understatement) but you will find the right solution.

Hugs,
Maureen

Sheila 07-30-2011 06:24 AM

Diane
Hoping the new chemo is shrinking the node and you are feeling well in spite of the chemo!