HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Courtney, how are you? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=47103)

mmoons 10-07-2010 06:00 PM

Courtney, how are you?

I thought about you so much today. I wanted you to know. Because I am sure I am not the only one. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers!

xoxo

Maureen

joletta 10-08-2010 06:46 AM

Re: Courtney, how are you?

Courtney,
You were in my thoughts as well and still are. I know the whole board is sending all good wishes.
Joletta

michka 10-08-2010 07:25 AM

Courtney I am joining this thread to tell you I am thinking of you and hope everything went well. Hugs. Michka

bejuce 10-08-2010 09:22 AM

Same here. Thinking of you and hoping for the best along with the rest of the board.

ElaineM 10-08-2010 10:00 AM

I hope you are doing well.

Chelee 10-08-2010 11:45 AM

I have been wondering how your doing also? When you get a chance we would love to hear from you. :)

Chelee

flynny 10-08-2010 09:30 PM

I am also wondering how you made out. I am sending you positive vibes from NH!

Julie2 10-09-2010 08:09 AM

Courtney,

Thinking about you. Hope everything is going well as you planned.

Julie

CarolynME 10-09-2010 09:56 AM

Courtney,

I have been thinking about you too. Sending prayers and hugs your way!

Love,

Carolyn

Becky 10-09-2010 10:21 AM

Courtney

I too am sending good thoughts your way.

caya 10-09-2010 10:24 AM

Me too - good thoughts only!!

all the best
caya

karen z 10-09-2010 12:20 PM

Hi Courtney,
Even more good thoughts and best wishes coming your way.
Karen

Lori R 10-10-2010 08:47 AM

Courtney,
EmelieB and I met for lunch on Friday and we were thinking of you.

We are hoping for an uneventful procedure and quick recovery.

Emelie and Lori

CourtneyL 10-11-2010 10:48 AM

Wow ladies, I am overwhelmed by the love and support! Thank you so very much. I spent the last few days resting and spending some quality time with family and friends so I apologize for not posting sooner.

I have some really outstanding news to report. When I went in for the Gamma Knife procedure last Thursday, they did another Brain MRI with double contrast to evaluate the tumors. They always prepare you for the possibility that the double contrast will likely reveal even more tumors and that there is a possibility they won't do the Gamma Knife if there are too many.

Well my scan not only showed that there were no additional tumors, it actually showed SHRINKAGE! It has only been 3 weeks since my previous scan and already some of the larger tumors had shrunk by several millimeters (diameter). The folks at UCSF told me that this was a pretty remarkable finding. That they never see shrinkage on a Gamma Knife scan. So I don't know if it is the vaccine, the Tykerb, the Boswellia, or a combo, but something is working by golly!

The Gamma Knife procedure itself went fine. Just a really long day that left me exhausted and with a sore scalp. They zapped the 7 tumors that they saw (there were only 7 instead of the previously reported 8) and I won't need to scan again until January. This means I can go about the business of enjoying my life and a wonderful holiday season without worrying about all of this. I know that something is working to shrink the growth and that is incredibly reassuring and comforting.

Thank you again lovely ladies for all of the wonderful words of encouragement and love. You help me to be unafraid and to face these challenges with grace and dignity. I will overcome.

Darlene Denise 10-11-2010 01:41 PM

Hey, you incredible shrinking woman!! YEAH & WOO HOO!!! on this incredible news.

I be so happy for you!!!!

Stay strong....Darlene

chrisy 10-11-2010 03:35 PM

WOW Courtney, leave it to you to baffle them with great results!!!!!

I'm not surprised, you have a way of overachieving:)

StephN 10-11-2010 04:43 PM

Dear Courtney -

Well GOL_L_E_E_, you sure did do the incredible shrinking brain mets thing. Wonderful news.

I don't recall that we have had anyone else on this board try adding in Boswellia with Tykerb. But this may be the start of some others giving that a go.

If I am remembering right, you had progression in your brain with Tykerb alone.

Will you continue with the vaccine trial?
Take care and DO enjoy the nice fall weather.

KDR 10-11-2010 05:47 PM

Courtney,
Great news! (Dancing...)
Karen

DeenaH 10-11-2010 09:10 PM

I'll post this here too...Congratulations on such awesome news! I am going to google Boswellia now. I've never heard of it. So happy for you!

mimiflower07 10-11-2010 10:24 PM

wow...thats so wonderful, don't u just need to catch a break where possible. you are so amazing..grace & dignity, you've got it lady! take good care...rest and enjoy the break fr thinking.
suz