HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   TCH - so far so good (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=40762)

Pam P 08-16-2009 05:09 AM

TCH - so far so good

Thought I'd give you all a little update on my new treatment. I've had 3 weeks of taxol/carbo/herceptin now. I feel better on it than I anticipated. Relief. Of course it could get harder as the weeks go on but as of now it's been really tolerable. Of course the most important concern -- IS it killing off all the cancer cells??? Too soon to tell yet.

I've had 7 acupuncture treatments since I've been on this new chemo. Now I think I'm going to try a couple of weeks without any acupuncture to see if I can tell a difference in side effects. My little research study.

I continue to hold in prayer all on this site who are really struggling right now and also have much appreciation for all of you who are so supportive and helpful.

After a night of much needed rain it looks to be a warm & humid morning here in MN. Wishing you all a great Sunday and hope you all take some sabbath time for relaxing and healing.

Mary Jo 08-16-2009 05:48 AM

Re: TCH - so far so good

Good Morning Pam,

I'm happy that your TCH is treating you well. Thank God!! Usually the first round "sets the tone" for up and coming treatments so hopefully this means you will be treated well throughout.

We are coming your way soon. Tomorrow my hubby and I are heading over to western WI for a mini vacation (Lacrosse area) then on Tuesday we are heading into Redwing, MN to shop the shops.

Holding you close in prayer........

Mary Jo

Sheila 08-16-2009 06:11 AM

Pam
I am so glad to hear that the treatemnt is tolerable...and hopeful it is doing a number on those cancer cells. Hope today is extra nice for you Pam.....keeping you in my prayers!!!!

Midwest Alice 08-16-2009 06:33 AM

Pam, Thanks for the update. I am also glad this new TCH is tolerable.

You are so cute...I like your little study with acupuncture.Let us know how it goes.

Holding you close in prayer,

Ellie F 08-16-2009 06:35 AM

Thinking of you Pam. Glad you are tolerating it O.K.Praying that it gets all those cancer cells.
Love ellie

Joan M 08-16-2009 07:19 AM

Pam,

Sounds like you're doing really good with side effects. I've heard that carbo can be really difficult.

I'm praying that the combo is zapping those cancer cells.

Let us know about your little experiment with acupuncture.

Joan

Karen Wheel 08-16-2009 02:03 PM

Good news is always GOOD! Thanks for the update - and I am also liking your little research project on if you feel different with/or without the acupuncture!

Let us know -
LIVE STRONG!
Karen

suzan w 08-16-2009 03:59 PM

Hi Pam, it sounds like you are having a good day!! YAY! So glad to hear that you feel better than you expected! That is always nice. My dad always used to say "expect the worse, then when it doesn't happen it will feel good". I don't know if I buy into that as he was always terribly depressed and often gave bogus advice!!! Glad you are feeling well!!! Peaceful Sunday to you too!!! And to everyone else! XO Suzan

schoolteacher 08-17-2009 09:03 AM

Pam,

Glad to hear the treatment and acuputure is going well. Hope you had a good weekend.

Amelia

chrisy 08-17-2009 09:13 AM

Pam,
Glad to hear the TCH is more tolerable than you feared. I felt good the entire 6 months on this regimen, although I did experience increasing fatigue as time went on. There's good synergy with this combo, I hope it works well and for a long time for you.

Take care,
Chris

Laurel 08-17-2009 07:32 PM

Thank you for the update, Pam. I have been wondering how things were going with you. You are one tough cookie, Girlfriend. Here's to hopin' that stuff kicks butt to those cancer cells!

vickie h 08-17-2009 08:14 PM

Hi Pam,
Thinking of you, dearest one, and hoping the chemo is kicking those nasty cells out of the ball park. Breath deep, special sister, I can feel those demented cells dying off as I write. Always in my prayers.