HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Herceptin / Tykerb (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   What Targeted Therapy after Herceptin and Tykerb fail? (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=38634)

julierene 03-26-2009 12:58 PM

What Targeted Therapy after Herceptin and Tykerb fail?

What are women doing when Tykerb and Herceptin fail? Are you just left with trials?

eric 03-26-2009 07:58 PM

How about TDM1 or pertuzamab?

julierene 03-27-2009 06:05 AM

Avastin is next on the list for me. But I am not eligible for TDM1.

I was excited to find out that my TM went down 20 points, even though my CT looked 'more dense' suggesting more tumor activity. Now he assumes that the tumors are dying scleroticlly (sp?), rather than lancing and turning into liquid. I had a lot of disease in my liver... Anyway, GOOD NEWS! The old treatment is still working!

chrisy 03-27-2009 10:25 AM

Julie, good news indeed! Stay on the winning horse...

ElaineM 03-27-2009 10:30 AM

What Targeted Therapy after Herceptin and Tykerb fail?

Congratulations !! Keep putting one foot in front of the other.

SoCalGal 03-31-2009 12:46 AM

Hi Julierene

I looked into this trial today. Here's what they said:

" I have been reviewing the information. You are right about the TDM 1 trials. We are closing both of them at our site next month due to meeting our enrollment goals. We do have a new protocol that just opened last week. It is a study with Herceptin and IPI-504 which is a heat shock protein drug. It is a minimum second line therapy for metastatic disease. The inclusion criteria states that the patient must have measurable disease per RECIST criteria. That means that there must be at least one lesion in tissue or organs that measure at least one centimeter on a spiral cat scan. Unfortunately bone lesions do not qualify for this study. "

Carla Cantor, RN, MSN, OCN
Lead Study Coordinator
Florida Cancer Research Institute
(954) 262-7606 office
(954) 464-0100 cell Please note new cell number
(561) 304-4482 fax

crc@flcancercare.com

Karen t 12-05-2009 05:07 PM

Re: What Targeted Therapy after Herceptin and Tykerb fail?

Have you considered Artemisinin? I did the protocol for three months and experienced stable disease for the first time in over four years; after nine months, I am experiencing progression and am tweaking my approach.
http://artemisinin.pbworks.com/

Ellie F 12-06-2009 05:34 AM

Thanks for the information Karen I had not heard of this compound before.
Are you currently on herceptin? I wondered if it was safe to take at the same time?
Glad to hear you are doing so well and have stable disease.
Ellie

Karen t 12-06-2009 01:16 PM

I have been on Herceptin since July 2004 so, yes, it is safe to combine. My period of stable disease occurred after taking Artemisinin for three months - it was a big deal since it was the first time in nearly four years that there was no progression. Prior to that, I had tried Gemcitabine, Xeloda, Abraxane, Avastin and DCA with Herceptin - all with progression. My CT last week again showed progression. I am now in the process of trying three weeks of Artemisinin then one week of DCA to see if the switching will resolve the autoinduction that presumably occurs with Artemisinin (as detailed on the site sent to you earlier). Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Unregistered 01-14-2011 04:37 PM

Jul......
what did u exp. after wbr ?how long did fatigue last ? what helped?
any colateral damage?

Laurel 01-14-2011 07:22 PM

Unregistered guest,

Julierene died a year ago in early January. If you search her name you will find her many posts. You answer may lie there.

Unregistered 01-16-2011 07:57 PM

My prayers are now w/ her soul. God bless her
thank you for the response