HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Happy thanksgiving! (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52257)

Peg 11-24-2011 09:11 AM

Happy thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving!

I have not been posting lately; I'm back at work full time again and just don't have enough time. I am NED now and I had my port removed yesterday. YAH! My turkey is in the oven now and spells wonderful; I'm looking forward to dinner!

Among the many things that I am thankful for family, friends, healthcare . . . I am thankful for this message board and all of you lovely positive women that have inspired me. Hope you all have a wonderful holiday season!

Peg

chrisy 11-24-2011 11:12 AM

Re: Happy thanksgiving!

Glad to hear your turkey can spell! Mine can't and then always tries to blame the spellchecker.

But I'm glad to have a place to add my gratitude for all my wise and witty friends here who have loved and supported each other. For joe and Christine who created this place for us to find refuge, for my family who is scattered too far away, and for my wonderful bosses rich and bob who have given me love and latitude to fight this battle. Rich even offered to fire me so I wouldn't feel guilty over missing work to take care of ME.

God is great, and although the skies, seas, and mountains are glorious...People are really His best thing.

Happy thanksgiving everyone

BonnieR 11-24-2011 11:46 AM

I am very grateful for this message board that saw me through some dark and scary times and allows me to offer support to others. It is a joy to have found our little family here.
Counting my blessings today. Happy Thanksgiving. Keep the faith.

karen z 11-24-2011 01:33 PM

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone ! ! ! !

Soccermom 11-24-2011 05:02 PM

I would like to wish my Her2 family a Happy Thanksgiving!

Marcia

norkdo 11-24-2011 05:06 PM

Chrisy: LMAO!!!!!

Mtngrl 11-24-2011 05:18 PM

Chrissy--What Nora said.

Today was the half-anniversary of my Stage IV diagnosis. I'm thankful I'm still alive and kickin'. I am still in school and expect to graduate on time. (Career change--from law to ministry. I'll get my M.Div. in May.) I've had some amazing and healing talks with some of my kids. (As for the others, they know where to find me. . . .)

I have given serious thought to how I want to live and how I want to be remembered. I have learned not to sweat the small stuff. I am NOT "thankful" for the cancer, but I am glad to be alive and I am thankful for the gifts that I have received, including this amazing and life-giving community.

Thank you all very much. God bless us every one.