HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   KIWIgirl has earned her wings - so sorry (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=54539)

StephN 05-29-2012 10:06 AM

KIWIgirl has earned her wings - so sorry

Rolepaul just posted this:

To all,

Jacqui (Kiwigirl) passed on last Tuesday after a tremendous fight. Please send an email to her husband Greg in New Zealand at
gregdrag@gmail.com to let him know the support that this site can give and the strength Kiwigirl showed.

This is bad news, as she gave it all she had, and even came to Seattle from New Zealand for vaccine trial.

These brain mets in the younger ladies have been taking such a toll lately (thinking of Courtney and Kiri).

greenacres 05-29-2012 10:21 AM

Re: KIWIgirl has earned her wings - so sorry

Oh this is so sad. Thanks for letting us know.

ElaineM 05-29-2012 10:21 AM

I am so sorry to hear this news. She was quite a fighter. I remember when she was planning to come here for cyber knife. I was looking forward to meeting her, but she had a down turn and couldn't come. My sympathies to her family.

tricia keegan 05-29-2012 12:29 PM

I'm so sorry to read this and will send an e mail to her husband, thanks for letting us know Steph:( xx

Mandamoo 05-29-2012 01:58 PM

Oh this is so terribly sad. I am so sorry for her and her little, young family. I always felt for her and her difficulty being in NZ and not always being able to get the treatment she wanted - she tried everything and gave it her all. I was thinking of her yesterday and saw she hadn't lugged on for a couple of weeks...

Oh please, please - we have to find a way to treat brain mets and those with herceptin resistance - the cost for our children and families is too high.

My love and thoughts are with kiwigirl's family at this terribly tragic time. May she rest in
Peace.
Amanda xx

Mary Anne in TX 05-29-2012 03:53 PM

God bless you KIWIgirl. You will be so missed but still loved. ma

chrisy 05-29-2012 03:58 PM

I will miss her

Laurel 05-29-2012 04:47 PM

All I could muster was "darn." I am so sick of this disease stealing lives. Jacqui was beautiful and as Steph said so very young. Hermann Munster used to stomp up and down shaking his green fists saying, "darn, darn, darn, DARN!" That's how I feel.-- a right hissy fit coming on over this one! DAMN.

Sheila 05-29-2012 05:49 PM

She was such a fighter, with so much determination to beat those brain mets...this awful disease takes so many lives, way to early, we need a cure so badly so there will be no more Kiwis, or Courtney's, or the many others who have fought valiantly and still lost. My deepest sympathies to the family.

Mtngrl 05-29-2012 07:07 PM

Prevention beats treatment any day. We need to find out what causes this and how to keep it from happening.

I'm so sorry for Jacqui and her family. Such a loss.

Jean 05-29-2012 08:14 PM

This is such sad news. Thank you Steph for sharing her husband e mail.

jean

Lien 05-30-2012 03:13 AM

Such sad news! Young mothers shouldn't die.

Once again we see that even though we are brave, even though we fight for every opportunity to get rid of cancer, we do not have enough knowledge to conquer this darn disease. We can try to minimize the risk factors, do everything "right" and still some of us don't survive. I hate that!

Condolences to her family and others who loved her. I share your grief.

Jacqueline

Bunty 05-30-2012 04:52 AM

Very sad news..... My sympathy to Jacqui's family and those on this site who were closer to Jacqui, and love to all on this site. News like this never, ever gets easier to hear.....

Catherine 05-30-2012 06:46 AM

So very sad to read this news. Thanks for posting Steph, I will send an email to her husband.

caya 05-30-2012 08:19 AM

Add my condolences to Jacqui's family.
Another Angel taken too soon.

all the best
caya

Ellie F 05-30-2012 08:23 AM

So sad to hear this news that yet another young women has been taken from her family.I still feel very upset about Courtney who also tried everything.I dont know how old Kiwigirl was but she looked so young.Makes me think that the research that bc in under 40's is a different disease holds true
My deepest condolences to her family.
Ellie

Shobha 05-30-2012 08:59 AM

Heartbreaking news - really hate it when young mothers are taken - it just breaks my spirit. Kiwigirl was so positive, fighting so hard...my deepest condolences to her family.

sarah 05-30-2012 10:43 AM

thank you for letting us know. so sad. damn disease.

KDR 05-30-2012 11:44 AM

My heart was so heavy to read this about Jacqui. Can anyone tell me about her? How many children did she have and their ages?
I know she is being held in God's loving light, a smile on her face.
Karen

chekmark 05-31-2012 05:51 AM

I didn't know her but my heart goes out to her and her family. Stupid cancer. It is so sad. Like the others have said, it never gets easier reading about someones fight ending so soon. She is in gods hands now. May she rest in peace.