HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Cannot explain this good news... (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=45694)

SoCalGal 06-18-2010 11:40 PM

Cannot explain this good news...

CT: No significant interval change. *Extensive osteoblastic metastases within the sternum/manubrium. *hence my obsession with TDM1 and the feeling that sooner or later these will be problamatic!

PETscan: "Moderate improvement in size and mild improvement in activity...of the body of the sternum, suggestive of improving metastatic lesion." Suv 4.5 from 5.3

Wha? HUH? I cannot explain this great news.

Here are the things that recently changed:
1. I took a 4 week chemo break
2. I stopped my vitamins & supplements for a couple weeks
3. I cheated on my diet and gained 6 pounds
4. Drank a bit of vodka

I am obviously happy at this report, but confused.
Cancer makes no sense.
Flori

hutchibk 06-19-2010 12:08 AM

Re: Cannot explain this good news...

It has to be the vodka...

Sheila 06-19-2010 07:01 AM

I have to agree with Brenda...its the Vodka...maybe we should all add it to our treatment plan.....I feel as though I need a good shot of something right now to get things under control!

Great news Flori!!!!

Emelie B 06-19-2010 07:18 AM

It is either the Vodka in your case and wine in mine, but Hooray for us!

AlaskaAngel 06-19-2010 08:02 AM

I think you confused it! More power to you, Flori!

A.A.

ElaineM 06-19-2010 11:06 AM

The vodka and all the extra food you ate confused the cancer. Maybe the vodka made the cancer so drunk it couldn't function. Hee Hee. Smile !!!!!!
I certainly hope so !!!!!!!!

StephN 06-19-2010 11:50 AM

Flori and God do it again!

Glad to know you suffered no ill effects from your chemo holiday. Is this a "washout" period in preparation for T-DM1??

I think the moderate weight gain made you stronger. Just watch the sugar.

I also drink wine with my dinner, and have all along. Mouth sores limited me to lighter styles, such as German and Beaujolais. I almost never have more than one generous glass total (could be 2 short glasses of different wine).

tricia keegan 06-19-2010 12:38 PM

Great news Flori, whatever the cause but my guess is a little of what you fancy does you good:)

Rich66 06-19-2010 01:39 PM

Which chemo?
What vitamins and supplements?
Which Vodka?

caya 06-19-2010 02:04 PM

Great news Flori!!!

all the best
caya

Chelee 06-19-2010 02:18 PM

Flori, That is great news. After hearing that I'm like the others...I'm betting on the vodka. :) All of a sudden I feel like having a drink...it's been a while. Lets see if we are on to something here. lol I bet this was one report that blew your socks off...but so nice to get such a good report.

Chelee

Jean 06-19-2010 11:30 PM

Flori,
Love to hear your news!

'lizbeth 06-20-2010 08:10 AM

Yippee! Here's to improving health!

Lani 06-20-2010 10:09 AM

without sounding too academic (wouldn 't it be great if it was the vodka), there are some tumors whose growth is encouraged by vitamins and "supplements"

Which ones do you take? Are you also aware that supplement companies were grandfathered in and DO NOT HAVE TO LIST ALL THEIR INGREDIENTS ON THEIR labels. There could be something in the supplement not identified which might encourage your tumors/mets growth.

One only gets clues as to what might be going on when one STOPS taking something (not always an easy thing to do in your circumstances!)

Again, wouldn't it be nice if it were the vodka (most papers show alcohol consumption to encourage tumor growth and metastasis), but I would look into the other possibilities!

jml 06-20-2010 11:23 AM

Yay, Flori!
Bottom's UP!

Sandra in GA 06-20-2010 11:55 AM

Your tretment plan is the one I want! Maybe the vodka, not worrying about taking the vitamins and supplements, and not watching your diet lessened your stress!

Patb 06-20-2010 01:17 PM

Congratulations, this is the right direction no matter
what it is. Why are so many good things bad for us.
I can't keep up.
patb

SoCalGal 06-20-2010 03:28 PM

OK, just to clarify - I never acquired a taste for alcohol. Just had some fun with some friends and some vodka.

Am back on my gluten & dairy free living. Don't care for wine. Hot baths, music, art, friends, luv, :) are my unwind drugs. And of course, Ativan.

Supplements are from Douglas Laboratories which are supposedly of pharmaceutical quality, co-Q 10, Vit D, calcium and also Wobenzyme enzymes. Omega/fish oil from Nordic naturals.

For now, staying on Tykerb x3 pills a day, plus Herceptin, Avastin every 3 weeks, and Zometa every 6 weeks. Oh yes, and God on pretty much a minute by minute basis.

chrisy 06-20-2010 08:22 PM

maybe it's just surrendering....since it's clear that you wont!

mimiflower07 06-21-2010 11:32 PM

hi flori u just created "a letting go drink."..vodka with a splash of evoo..could be a martini. Or we could go greek and do a vodka with asplash of evoo and we now have drink for the mediterranean diet lol
suzanne