HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   her2group (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Need help with symptoms (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=56894)

dcnyjam 12-21-2012 04:03 PM

Need help with symptoms

I am a breast cancer patient who has undergone chemo and radiation. I am currently on herceptin and tamoxofin. When I was diagnosed in October 2012 I was stage 2 and her2 positive.

I have noticed that I have headaches daily, don't sweat (even though I get hot flashes) and when I am extremely tired or stressed get body tremors and have difficulty speaking.

I am curious if anyone has experienced all or any of these symptoms as part of their breast cancer treatment.

'lizbeth 12-21-2012 06:13 PM

Re: Need help with symptoms

Hello,

Well I would suggest have a discussion with your doctor or nurse asap. I am concerned about the difficulty speaking. It is better to err on the side of caution. I hate to bother people, but hey - better safe than sorry.

That being said, headache and difficulty sweating could be dehydration. Drink plenty of water.

I did/do have hand tremors and minor difficulty speaking when I get tired. I have a tough time retrieving words that are not used often.

tricia keegan 12-21-2012 06:15 PM

My Onc told me that any unexplained pain or symptom that persists after two weeks needs more investigation and I usually use this as a rule of thumb. I haven't had this happen myself but it may be worth seeing your Dr for peace of mind.

Bunty 12-21-2012 06:19 PM

I agree with the others who have responded. My immediate thought is that it may be some post traumatic stress symptoms. You were diagnosed only a couple of months ago in Oct 12, and I'm sure you've been on a roller coaster ride of emotions, so I wouldn't be surprised if your body is just catching up with emotions. But best to get it checked out by your docs.
Best wishes
Marie

'lizbeth 12-21-2012 06:28 PM

You could use some hydrotherapy to relieve the headaches. Put your feet in a nice warm soak and place something cool on your neck.

karen z 12-21-2012 06:47 PM

You need to talk to your doctor asap. Never second guess symptoms that appear. A lot of ideas already put forth seem quite likely to me but you need to talk to your doctor. Never feel like you are bothering your doctor or his/her nurses with questions. A major part of their job is to answer your questions and take good care of you.

michka 12-22-2012 02:20 AM

It could come from many things so first relax.
It could be a reaction after all the stress you went through as Bunty suggested
It could be the effect of the deprivation of estrogen. It happened to me and I had difficulties thinking, writing even understanding words. It can give you headaches also.
But if you want to feel really reassured you may ask for a brain MRI.
Michka