HER2 Support Group Forums

HER2 Support Group Forums (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/index.php)
-   Profiles In Courage (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Christmas is early for me....Update from Jacqui (https://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52347)

kiwigirl 12-04-2011 05:20 PM

Christmas is early for me....Update from Jacqui

Hi All

I thought i would update you all on my progress. In August I was taking my family on a holiday to Hawaii I had a scan to get a clearance to fly. The scan was not good. Two new brain mets and the others had started to grow, I also had a substantial amount of edema.

I started Tykerb and xeloda which is not funded here and cost $2300 every two weeks but i had to try as i was running out of options.

Anyway last week i had an MRI they phoned my onc straight away and said what have you been giving this women. A large number of mest GONE GONE GONE, no new ones and the three remain mets have shrunk by 50% they are now 17mm , 6mm,and 8mm. WOW!!!!!

My edema has almost gone to. I had been feeling much better and now i know why. I've had all the side effects from my meds but i don't care with such great results i just have to look after my self.

My Onc seems to think the WBR has weakened the blood brain barrier allowing med to get through.

So with my fantastic news i feel like its merry Xmas to me.There is always hope and I'm striving to become NED!

Thank you all for your support you have given me with great advice.

Lots of Love to All
And a very Merry Christmas

Laurel 12-04-2011 07:39 PM

Re: Christmas is early for me....Update from Jacqui

That is such wonderful news. Merry Christmas indeed!

ElaineM 12-04-2011 08:34 PM

You got the best Christmas present ever. Great news about a reduction in cancer is the best present.
Mele Kalikimaka from me in Hawaii.

Delaney 12-05-2011 03:30 AM

Am so happy for you and you look great!!

sandra digilio 12-05-2011 07:57 AM

I'm glad to hear the good news for you. I hope you continue to do well and great things happen to you.
I have metastatic breast cancer and it has recently spread to my rib, back and chest bone. I feel like I've been overwelmed lately and look to this website for support and good news stories.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

NEDenise 12-05-2011 09:00 AM

Congratulations Kiwigirl! And a very Merry Christmas to you, too!
BTW-I agree, you do look beautiful!

Welcome, Sandra! Sorry you have to be here, but I'm sure you'll find the support you are looking for! I certainly have!

Denise

bejuce 12-05-2011 09:42 AM

Wonderful news, woohoo!!! Just in time for the holidays!!! So happy for you!

Ellie F 12-05-2011 10:19 AM

Wonderful to hear this news before Christmas.

Ellie

JennyB 12-05-2011 02:54 PM

So happy for you your delight is palpable as I'm sure is your family's!
Merry Christmas Mate
Jenny xx